• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Question:

Did you read the series of my answers (plural)? 

Or just take one out of context to draw your conclusion?

Because your response sounds like you missed a lot of very deep things. Very much like the question asked...

Can a man once born reenter his mothers womb? (John 3:4)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

But it is still not a wonderful world!

And we must stop trying to make it one.

Are you joking? We have home wrecked families everywhere. This is not good. And we must war against it. We must fight this principalities, rulers, and the rulers of darkness everywhere. No matter what. This is a Christians calling, is it not?

Ah!

An antagonist...

Quoting out of context what was said and meant to create a strawman argument to make one's self look knowledgeable / superior...

Reread and put back into context of what was said and stop trying to antagonize... me at least... thanks in the sincerest possible way.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

But it is still not a wonderful world!

And we must stop trying to make it one.

Are you joking? We have home wrecked families everywhere. This is not good. And we must war against it. We must fight this principalities, rulers, and the rulers of darkness everywhere. No matter what. This is a Christians calling, is it not?

Ah!

An antagonist...

Quoting out of context what was said and meant to create a strawman argument to make one's self look knowledgeable / superior...

Reread and put back into context of what was said and stop trying to antagonize... me at least... thanks in the sincerest possible way.

I'm sorry. I do not mean to come off antagonistic. If you mean different then I misunderstood. I see you are talking to the past tense as if they already have remarried. The question was a present or future tense in can you remarry after divorce. I was reading your answers through those eyes. I see you are speaking to something already done. Once again, I am sorry in misunderstanding.

I also personally know of many many divorces and they are "all" justified...but not really! Very few are. So it does bother me to see a constant justification behind forgiveness and grace. I hate sin, divorce, and wrongdoing and justifying it in the name of love and its for the best. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

Good morning everyone.

It seems that some of us are living in different time zones.

I want to thank those who have taken the time to answer my posts.

OneLight, I want to apologize for my misuse of Scripture.

If I had read it first, I would not have used it.

Mea culpa, mea culpa.

Since I have so much to answer, I would like to do a brief on this thread as I see it.

Two Christian people get divorced, then they meet and want to get married to each other.

Some say no, it is a sin against God.

If they marry, they will continue to be in sin.

If they never repent of this marriage and "unmarry" each other, then they will not spend all eternity with God.

The alternative?

They will go to hell for all eternity.

So to "unmarry" each other, they need to go through another divorce in order to be right with God.

Does all this make sense?

I'm reading in this thread what I am saying here.

My conclusion?

If these people marry and stay married, they can never be right with God.

They can no longer have a personal relationship with God.

They have become permanently separated from God.

They will go to hell.

Since they were Christians in the first place, they have lost their salvation.

Am I missing something here?

Or is this how Jesus calls the shots?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Hi Golden Eagle,

Thanks for the question, interesting discussion. Now you said -

`Isn't Paul in 2 Cor 11 in context talking about pure devotion to Christ and suffering for the gospel? Or is this referring to suffering at the hand of another Believer?`

Paul was speaking to the Corinthians about  `false apostles, deceitful workers.....` (2 Cor. 11: 13) They were putting up with this behaviour from them - `controlling, enslaving, devouring substance, spends their money, deceives & takes advantage of them, arrogant, & actually physically abusive.` (2 Cor. 11: 20)

Thus if the Apostle Paul was telling the Corinthian believers that they should not be letting people behave like that to them then that would include a marriage relationship also. If in a marriage there is continual physical abuse & no repentance or seeking counselling  then the marriage vows have been broken. The `divorce` proceedings are merely the outward confirming of the reality - broken vows. 

I agree with what you've said. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

@faith pleases God

I suggest considering that people don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.

Consider listening to these two songs:

Are you pointing a finger or holding out a hand?

And...

1 Cor. 13:1-3

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things

How to balance speaking truth without compromise but speaking truth in love in this (and in all) situation? This is something I struggle with too...

God bless,
GE

Is divorce a greater issue than the love of God?

Is divorce a greater issue than the forgiveness of God?

Is divorce a greater issue than showing love for one another?

I've made 3 posts that have been ignored, yet you still are looking for answers.

Try answering my questions.

Then maybe you'll find some answers.

Sorry Tiger who was this post addressed to?

Just a thought but if you don't quote someone or at least put a name on your post we don't know who you are speaking or asking questions too.. ;)

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Hi Golden Eagle,

Thanks for the question, interesting discussion. Now you said -

`Isn't Paul in 2 Cor 11 in context talking about pure devotion to Christ and suffering for the gospel? Or is this referring to suffering at the hand of another Believer?`

Paul was speaking to the Corinthians about  `false apostles, deceitful workers.....` (2 Cor. 11: 13) They were putting up with this behaviour from them - `controlling, enslaving, devouring substance, spends their money, deceives & takes advantage of them, arrogant, & actually physically abusive.` (2 Cor. 11: 20)

Thus if the Apostle Paul was telling the Corinthian believers that they should not be letting people behave like that to them then that would include a marriage relationship also. If in a marriage there is continual physical abuse & no repentance or seeking counselling  then the marriage vows have been broken. The `divorce` proceedings are merely the outward confirming of the reality - broken vows. 

I agree with what you've said. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

I'm 'ditto' on this one too.  I have been trying to get that point across for several posts now.  But, the questions I have asked regarding marriage, divorce and covenant breaking

are passed over.

Conveniently so I think.  I ask questions because I would ask those same questions to myself...in fact I have...thinking seems to have gone out of style somewhat...constant repetition

and rote answers do not really serve nor do they take into consideration the individual...YET, and here is the irony, we are all quick to claim that Jesus loves every one of us and

God wants a PERSONAL relationship with us

Off the cuff answers do not make a personal connection...in fact, IMO, they discourage people from seeking and looking harder because it is like a slap in the face and saying

well, God said that is even worse

God said an awful lot....but He is God and we are not

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

faith pleases God...in response to your comments on your post 35

I am truly sorry for your friend and her experiences. There are many denominations and cults. For me this is a simple subject. It is being made complicated by...saying what Catholics or other Christians think..or what really is submission?... and shouldn't all Christians submit to one another. Scripture is all that matters. Not what random denominations think.

What constitutes the breaking of the marriage covenant? What were your vows? Is the covenant meant to be permanent? Of course. Death and adultery break this covenant. Not abuse. Matthew 19:9  Now what I say to you is that whoever divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery!” If this scripture is not self explanatory, we will not get very far in discussion.

Divorce is permitted under certain conditions. Re-doing it with someone else isn't unless stated above, it is ADULTERY and the one who marries the divorced one is also living in adultery. In my opinion, this is not difficult to understand or obey.

Marriage does have a hierarchy and submission is involved.

I said abuse was not a reason to divorce, simple as that. 

I never said this woman was my friend and she was not in fact my friend...a minor detail perhaps, but it seems you are not addressing what I actually write

I disagree saying things are being made complicated by mentionning what Catholics observe....you also might take note that Protestant Christians do not

all agree on your interpretation either nor do they view this issue as simple.  Why would you just dismiss everyone else?

Scripture is all that matters. Not what random denominations think.

Actually, relationship with God matters...not just words on a page because that is all they are if we forget that the Spirit of God gives life to those words.

I have no idea what you mean by 'random denominations' but please be aware it sounds quite dismissive...there are many denoms within Christianity...right?

What constitutes the breaking of the marriage covenant? What were your vows? Is the covenant meant to be permanent? Of course. Death and adultery break this covenant. Not abuse

I disagree.  Abuse breaks the covenant...even the law of the land will tell you that.  I am not talking about marriages outside of those who claim to be Christian

There are more than physical forms of abuse...mental and emotional abuse effectively breaks down a person's will and reduces them to far less than who they

are in the eyes of God.

It might do well to remember that neither gender is a favorite in the eyes of God.  Neither has permission to cause the other to stumble and fall and cry out

"Where are you God?"

As far as discussion goes, you have glossed over questions I have asked ...which I asked for the purpose of discussion.  It seems at this point, to me, that you prefer

to tell others how it is rather then discuss or address other things brought up.

Marriage is not about words.  

I'm not conjuring up reasons for divorce and remarriage. Are you reading what I'm writing? I didn't ask if abuse was grounds for remarriage. I asked if abuse was grounds for separation. So I will ask again. Is abuse grounds for separation?

So I understand what you are saying regarding masters and slaves... If a husband consistently abuses his wife she is to remain living with him?

God bless,

GE

If this is occurring then the husband should be in jail, right? In today's society it is not hard to get a domestic assault charge and conviction. Is it? 

And sure, separation can be an option. Although specifics matter, and the wife is suppose to be submissive...not defiant. However, we have laws that protect her from physical harm. So I do not see a separation as necessary, if it is, then once again he would be in jail.

So I understand your position you're saying basically while separation is an option it is not necessary. You're saying the options are either A) jail or B) live with him. You're saying a wife should be submissive and not defiant to her husband.

Two more questions if I may:

1. What about grace, mercy, compassion, love, forgiveness to an abuser who is truly repentant? Do you not believe in those?

2. Does a husband own his wife more than a wife owns her husband?

Curious.

God bless,

GE