Coffeespiller87

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

If so what kind of notes do you write in the Bible? trying to figure what to write where? not really sure what to write in it?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Well I have before.  Though its just to point out the obvious.  Sometimes I forget important things. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

It was ingrained in me not to damage/destroy a book not even dog earing pages so no written notes!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

i dont really know what kind of things to write in  my Bible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

Hi coffee, you could do cross reference. Link verses that correlate and explain each other.

i rarely use physical bibles anymore... i have several on my tablet, so highlighting, note-taking, and bookmarking are all electronic. BUT... when i do use physical bibles, i mark them up in all sorts of ways. here are some of my common notations:

reading plan days:

i've done the B90 plan three times (through the Bible in 90 days). in two of my bibles, i have the starting point of each day's reading segment marked, with the number of the day. the typical B90 plan is done with a special bible that separates each day like a chapter... but it is done by a formula, (exactly 12 pages in their printed book) and often the day's reading ends in the middle of a biblical thought. and it's not chronological. so i have two bibles, one chronological, one not, that i have marked off at an AVERAGE of 12 pages each... although some of them are ten pages, some are 15... 

highlighting: 

i've tried this numerous times, and can never remember what colors correspond to what topic, so i end up highlighting (actually with crayons because they don't bleed through the page) with whatever color i have on hand.

symbols:

since just color coding doesn't work well for me, i tried once to define a set of symbols... one of my bibles has a list of my symbols in the "notes" pages in the back of the bible... then as i read, i can just mark the correct symbol next to the passage so i can easily find it later. 

words: i've decided it's really easiest when i just write out a simple word next to a passage so that as i'm thumbing through, i can easily find things. seriously, i don't know why i tried all those other methods when this one works just fine. haha, i guess i sometimes make things harder than they have to be.

questions: if i have difficulty grasping something, i'll often scribble a question next to the passage so i can remember later to dig deeper and try to find the answers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

My bible is blood stained, tear stained, grease stained (looked up a verse while I was working on my motorcycle), wriiten in with pencil, highlighted and water damaged (flooded out while in a tent in Mozambique).

Show me a bible that is falling apart and I will show you a person who isn't.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I highlight key words and underline words with colored pens.

Red- sins, blood, death, sacrifice, etc

Green- Geographical locations and tribes of Israel

Purple- righteousness, pure, perfect, etc

Blue-- God, Jesus, Holy Spirit

I also have extra wide margins so I can take a lot of notes right next to the verses.   A well marked Bible is the best Bible. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

My bible is blood stained, tear stained, grease stained (looked up a verse while I was working on my motorcycle), wriiten in with pencil, highlighted and water damaged (flooded out while in a tent in Mozambique).

Show me a bible that is falling apart and I will show you a person who isn't.

amen to that......      though I find it hard to wear out my electronic versions....    but up until the early 90's it was a mess.

I used to use little stick on tabs to find pages about different subjects before I had access to Thompson's.....   it turns out that when you get about half the pages earmarked, one can't find things anyway.

Biblesoft has fixed most of my studies, and even on my phone one can use searching and cross reference material without making notes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I am the kind of person who can read and reread books yet have a book show no wear at all. So my bible tends to look brand new lol. I guess Im just gentle with books. 

I cannot bring myself to write in any book. I do not think poorly of folks who do write in their bibles. Im almost envious that they feel the freedom to do so. I do take notes online with a bible though.