I am an introvert

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I keep to myself these days. I don't like conversations with people. Christians are telling me that I am not loving enough. Is this true? I have social anxiety disorder. I will pray for people and help them if they need my help. But other then that I stay away from people.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I understand, you may have a valid reason why you withdraw from people, you have had deep emotional trauma starting very early in childhood. I just want you to know that you are safe here, you can post and no one really knows who you are and their are rules that don't allow someone to belittle another poster. There are tender-hearted loving people here, please feel safe here.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I am a bit of an introvert myself. I built up big walls around me that have taken a long time to begin to crumble. God sent my my wife for many reasons, this was one of them.

Keep talking it's the best way to overcome this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Raising my hand... other introvert here. I also struggle with social anxiety at times...actually have most of my life but it hasn't been as bad as it used to be since I've been renewed in the spirit. Besides that, I think many Christians become introverts due to not wanting to be part of the world, there are many lonely Christians who don't want anything to do with the world, which is a natural Christian feeling in my opinion.  So I don't think being an introvert is such a bad thing after all, it keeps us away from worldly influences and closer to God. Thank God for websites such as this one, its a good way to be able to do God's work without having to face people in real life social interaction . We all have different gifts of the spirit, and being an introvert shouldn't stop us to do God's will because He knows our hearts and what we feel comfortable with to do His will. You are doing fine and am sure that you are a very loving person, not socializing doesn't make you a cold person, we just are different...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

God made us all different for reasons we do not understand. May God continue to bless you!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I am also an introvert. Being an introvert is not something to get over. 

As an introvert, that means when I have had a long, busy day, and I need to recharge, I like to be alone. I enjoy being alone to think, or read. Without time to be alone, I get worn out.

On the other hand, when my husband is very busy, he wants a day off. But sitting at home alone, he gets 'ants in his pants', and ends up going out to visit people. He recharges by being with people. I recharge by being alone.

As an introvert, I do not do well talking with large groups of people. As I am a thinker, not a visiter, conversations among large groups of people are difficult for me. Conversations one on one are much better, but I still need my alone time. I can speak/give a speach/teach before a large audience. Introvert and shy are not the same things.  Speaking, giving a speach, a lecture is not interactive. And when question time comes, I have no problem as I am ready for questions. But ns large groups just talking, it is too busy and too many conversations going on. I take time to answer as I am thinking it thru, and in a large group, by the time I have thought thru what I want to say, the topic has moved on.  

People sometimes think I am shy (I am just a little), or they think I am a snob. While walking down the street, or down the hall, I am often immersed in my thoughts. If someone I know says Hi, I sometimes do not respond. Actually, more often then is polite but it is not intentional. I am so immersed in my thoughts, it takes a while to sink in that someone said Hi, and they are often too far away before I realize and I am ready to respond.   

Most introverts experience these kinds of things. Extroverts have different experiences. About 35% of the population are introverts.