• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I have been involved in some interesting threads recently with some brothers and sister here on this site that have really got me to think, study and pray. During this I had questions come to me I can't seem to figure out the right answer to. Here it is.

What is your goal when you post in a thread?

To win?

To be Right?

To teach?

What is the right motive to post in a thread? 

I guess if I had to answer for myself, at the best of times I post in a thread to share my understanding and love of Christ with others. Most of the time I just don't know my motive? I guess that is what is bothering me so much. Well, that and why do I get so angry about threads sometimes? Anyways thanks for letting me vent. I appreciate all the reply's.

God Bless you all

Firestormx

Joseph

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

None of the above.....

My goal is to express my personal thoughts and why.   I expect people to question why I think what I do and I also question others as to why they think what they do.

In discussing things in that manor sometimes we can come to agreements by one or the other changing thier minds.  Other times we just have to express ourselves and let it go.

I might add that there are several people here that post often that I do not understand....  so I have to ask questions.

I usually drop out of posting on threads when I understand where others are coming from and we just disagree.

None of the above.....

My goal is to express my personal thoughts and why.   I expect people to question why I think what I do and I also question others as to why they think what they do.

In discussing things in that manor sometimes we can come to agreements by one or the other changing their minds.  Other times we just have to express ourselves and let it go.

I might add that there are several people here that post often that I do not understand....  so I have to ask questions.

I usually drop out of posting on threads when I understand where others are coming from and we just disagree.

Thanks for the response. Do you think there is a right and wrong reason to post?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

None of the above.....

In discussing things in that manor sometimes we can come to agreements by one or the other changing their minds.  Other times we just have to express ourselves and let it go.

Thanks for the response. Do you think there is a right and wrong reason to post?

Yes, it is wrong to tell someone they are wrong because they disagree with you.

It is wrong to keep posting in a manor that forces someone to agree with you.

And yes occasionally I will do that........   and shame on me.

But I do keep posting until I think I fully understand someone and I'm sure that sometimes they think I'm just trying to win.

If I ever come right out and tell you that you are wrong your reply should be a single  :P

What is your goal when you post in a thread....

:thumbsup:

To Show Jesus

And To Love The Beloved

And To Share His Mercy And Grace

And To Enjoy The Fellowship Found At Worthy With Every Post

For It's Not Some Right I've Earned But A Gift Paid For By The Precious Blood Of The Lamb

And

I Am Blessed

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,238
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sometimes my opinion is asked in a thread. Then I sometimes give it, but I ask the Lord before I push the post button. Most often I have felt He has told me to cancel.

My goal is that God may be glorified in my post. I don't try to win. I do try to give an account for my faith. Sometimes that includes presenting verses and explaining how they impact me. If there is any teaching being done, my hope is that the Holy Spirit is doing it and not me or it is of little value.

God has sometimes given me wisdom as to how to answer a person or wisdom in how they might solve a problem.

My biggest failing perhaps is my inablility to be concise. Hubby always says GET TO THE POINT!

Many years ago I would get angry because my pride was involved. In fact, I would get down right hateful toward those I believed were in error. God said "come now, let us reason together". While that is out of context, it is still a good motto.

Titus 2:9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and striving about the law.

2 Tim 4:2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all LONGSUFFERING and teaching..

2 Tim 3:23-24 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servent of the Lord must not quarrel but be GENTLE to all, able to teach, PATIENT, in all HUMILITY correcting those in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth.

So here I am preaching to myself again, certainly having falling on my face as well.

None of the above.....

Yes, it is wrong to tell someone they are wrong because they disagree with you.

It is wrong to keep posting in a manor that forces someone to agree with you.

And yes occasionally I will do that........   and shame on me.

But I do keep posting until I think I fully understand someone and I'm sure that sometimes they think I'm just trying to win.

If I ever come right out and tell you that you are wrong your reply should be a single  :P

LoL, thanks for the quick reply. 

What is your goal when you post in a thread....

:thumbsup:

To Show Jesus

And To Love The Beloved

And To Share His Mercy And Grace

And To Enjoy The Fellowship Found At Worthy With Every Post

For It's Not Some Right I've Earned But A Gift Paid For By The Precious Blood Of The Lamb

And

I Am Blessed

Amen!

Sometimes my opinion is asked in a thread. Then I sometimes give it, but I ask the Lord before I push the post button. Most often I have felt He has told me to cancel.

My goal is that God may be glorified in my post. I don't try to win. I do try to give an account for my faith. Sometimes that includes presenting verses and explaining how they impact me. If there is any teaching being done, my hope is that the Holy Spirit is doing it and not me or it is of little value.

God has sometimes given me wisdom as to how to answer a person or wisdom in how they might solve a problem.

My biggest failing perhaps is my inablility to be concise. Hubby always says GET TO THE POINT!

Many years ago I would get angry because my pride was involved. In fact, I would get down right hateful toward those I believed were in error. God said "come now, let us reason together". While that is out of context, it is still a good motto.

Titus 2:9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and striving about the law.

2 Tim 4:2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all LONGSUFFERING and teaching..

2 Tim 3:23-24 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servent of the Lord must not quarrel but be GENTLE to all, able to teach, PATIENT, in all HUMILITY correcting those in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth.

So here I am preaching to myself again, certainly having falling on my face as well.

Thanks for the reply and the verses. Nice reminder.

I try(?) and respond to posts when I see error or false teaching. My goal is not to make anyone believe that I have all the answers, but to make sure that the reader knows what the Bible says and not just some opinion. There are a lot of self-interpretations out there being posted, scriptures taken out of context and manipulated to fit into a persons philosophy/theology. Some scriptures are given that seem to contradict other scripture (which we all know cannot be) and I feel it is my duty to correct such error. However, on subjects that always seem to generate arguments and discord, and are not salvational, I have stopped participating in them in order to spare everyone from it (and my attitude, I suppose.)

There have been a few times when I have read posts that were down right out there or just divisive, or dumb (IMO) and I have responded inappropriately. But I have caught myself, and/or been called on the carpet for it. I am much less inclined to participate in discussions that have gone on forever before, or that the OP refuses to hear because the responses they have received aren't what they want.

I have learned to definately stay away from those topics that attack the integrety and holiness of GOD and our Lord Jesus Christ as they cause me to sin by becoming angry.