IGNORED

church split debate

creativemechanic

Which persepctive do you think is correct  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which persepctive do you think is correct

• Side 1- Founding memebers retain the right to take apart a church if they realise of its direction is on a destructive path
    • Side 2- Noone retains the right as it's Gods house not anyone even the builders

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

i was having a debate with another christian on a story i heard about the aftermath of a church division.  allegedly, a church split and one morning early, the leaving members came and dismantled parts of the building and left with it.

Tell me which opinion you think is correct.

Side 1- If the founding members of a church think that the current leadership is  leading the church astray- on the level of Jim Jones cult likeness, then it'd be appropriate for them to take apart the building in order to stop him from using their building for wrong purposes.

Side 2- the church belongs to no one, not even the founding members. Its God's building, so noone has the spiritual right to take it apart because they disapprove of what is going on in it.  That action is spiteful, unchristianlike and sets a bad image of Christians.There are other ways to deal with said situations.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The building is not the church. It is roof to keep the rain off your head. The people are the church. Just as effective to dismantle a church is to leave it.

The important question would be. Why the division?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

there are huge legalities that are involved that make it impossible to answer this question.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

The "church" owns the building so its not appropriate for anyone to take it apart.

I dont think either one of your two choices is valid. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings creativemechanic

Everyone here is correct,so far........Fez is so right,it is more effective to dismantle a church by leaving it & it is but a building

other one is correct,too many legalities to even address  this question 

And Jade is also correct,,,although I do not know who '"owns" the building....perhaps the bank,for all we know.....but the fact of the matter is that someone does own the building so not only is it inappropriate to take it apart,it is also against the law                                        Love,kwik

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:15-17

~

The building is not the church. It is roof to keep the rain off your head. The people are the church. Just as effective to dismantle a church is to leave it.

The important question would be. Why the division?

:thumbsup:

Vandal Proofing~!

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Philippians 2:3

It's What's For

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

Dinner

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

A big part of the problem with the identity crisis the Church faces stems from the many many fractures and divisions.

This comes from human traditions superseding the Word of God interpreted by the Holy Spirit who authored it (2 Peter 1:20-21 / John 16:13 etc.). 

Jesus prayed in the actual Lords prayer (John 17) for unity... repeatedly. 

The Word of God and the Church are not supposed to bend and conform to the ways and feelings of man... but the other way around.

We had a church divide where I live because a female from a prominent family took a major disliking to me. When she made her case to the pastor, he refused to disfellowship me since I had done nothing wrong. Then she and about 1/2 the congregation boycotted the church and the denomination bosses came down on the pastor who took early retirement. The whole thing left the church in disarray and interim pastor status (so even more people who attended left).

We had to stop attending because of the extra job  I took on a year ago and my wife's illness (hip replacement) delayed till last month from my primary job's contractual bloodletting in 2013 of 27% of my wages. So the female from the prominent family busted up First Baptist Church here in town for nothing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

wow....just wow

Guest Judas Machabeus

I don't get how this can be?? If man/woman can bring down a Church how strong was the foundation of that Church. This seems very foreign to me, and I'm speechless.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Judas...

Well that's just it,,,,,like Fez said

The important question would be. Why the division?                                                                                                               posted by Fez

There was division & .....

Mark 3:25New International Version (NIV)

25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

not a very strong foundation                                                                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik