IGNORED

church split debate

creativemechanic

Which persepctive do you think is correct  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which persepctive do you think is correct

• Side 1- Founding memebers retain the right to take apart a church if they realise of its direction is on a destructive path
    • Side 2- Noone retains the right as it's Gods house not anyone even the builders

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

i dont mean legal. i mean on a spiritual sense

Guest Butero

From a spiritual standpoint, I honestly am not sure.  I wouldn't dismantle part of the building, so I suppose that means I am leaning in that direction, but I can see how some other people might think it is the right thing to do if the people taking over the building are a cult, and if they have the legal right to take part of the building.  If it is God's house, a cult shouldn't be in there like Jim Jones, but I am not sure what is accomplished by dismantling the building?  Will it stop the cult from deceiving more people?  I am leaning towards saying they shouldn't dismantle the building, but I wouldn't be too hard on them if they did.  I can understand both positions. 

i don't mean legal. i mean on a spiritual sense

:thumbsup:

The Holy Spirit

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. John 14:16-17

Lives Right Inside Of You

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Ephesians 4:1-6

You All

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

What was done to the building was vandalism.

Every church I have been in has gone through splits.

In one the pastor was mishandling funds. The book keeping system was supposed to have been repaired to prevent this but he continued to do so in coming years. His sermons also became confusing and his bible references meaningless.

In another the associate pastor of counseling decided to start his own church and one quarter of the congregation followed him. This church has recovered but is becomming less Christ centered.

In one small church they split over the color of the new carpet!!!!!

In another church the song leader was dismissed for breaking into the personal information files of the membership and gave no reson or apology.. Many left after that because the quality of the worship team had so diminished.

Perhaps the people who left had been dissatisfied for some time for personal reasons, and the problem that arose gave them the boost they needed to leave. Some people go from church to church when they hear of another with more excitement. Some leave when a church grows because they like a small church. Others look for a church with a strong program for teens. The reason that people leave are many and varied.

We experienced many people leaving when he got to a portion of scripture that dealt with eternal security; first many left when the scriptures were pro, and then some left when the scriptures were more cautious, telling them to work out their own salvation with fear and trembling and produceing fruit of repentance should follow salvation.. Since we have seen this same controversy here it is understandable. But now he has been preaching on end times, which also has a lot of people here polarized. He doesn't avoid hard scripture. But we, myself included, as members need to be open to hear views that differ from our own. On the other hand, we should leave if the teaching becomes so unblibical that it departs from all known truth of basic fundamentals of faith.

I left a church because it denied the Trinity and that Christ was God in human flesh.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Contemplates :whistling: for a moment, but then decides to :runforhills: