IGNORED

Why will temple sacrifices resume during the millinium?

Willa

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I understand that animal sacrifices will resume during Christ's 1000 year reign on earth. Why?

I have been told it is to remember His sacrifice for all, like we do in the Lord's supper (which was to be celebrated until He comes). But I thought that there is no need for animal sacrifices since they cannot make anyone perfect, and it is not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Hebrews 10, 1-18. V.16. This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them. Then He adds, Their sins and their lawless deeds i will remember no more. Now where there is a remission of these there is no longer an offering for sin.. NKJV

Does that mean that there will no longer be remission of sins during the mellinium?

Will there be another covenant with the people during the millinium that will again require the killing of bulls and goats?

Or will they just represent gifts to the Lord?.

Please clarify for me the need for animal sacrifices during the mellinium.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,095
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Why do we think there will be animal sacrifices during the 1000 years???

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Willimina,  According to bible prophecy animal sacrifices will be accepted during the 1000 year Millenial Reign of Christ (Isaiah 56:7; Isaiah 66:20-23; Ezekiel 40:1-46).  However it is done out of rememberance of Christ's death on the cross which was the only sacrifice for the atonement of sin once and for all.  The sacrificial system during the Millenial Reign is a memorial to Christ for his atoning sacrifice looking back to the cross.  During the 1000 years of peace on earth the offerings will be accepted by Christ and not rejected  as they are gifts to the Lord during that time period.  People will come from all over the nations bringing gifts and offerings of all kinds to the Lord.  So there will be a sacrificial system in place but it will not be like the animal sacrificial system under the Old Testament Covenant under the law of Moses.  Under the law of Moses all of the offerings and sacrifices which were given by the people had to meet certain requirements and had to be done according to the laws and if they were not done accordingly then God would reject their offerings and sacrifices.  Since Christ gave his own body on the cross for the sacrifice and atonement for sins the old covenant has passed away along with the sin offerings of the bulls and goats that were under the old covenant for the atonement of sin. 

But during the 1000 years of peace all the nations of the earth will see Jesus as King of Kings and Lord of lords and out of gratitude and thanksgiving will bring the sacrifices of praise and will worship God they too will bring all kinds of offerings and gifts to give to the Lord.  According to the scripture the Lord will not reject or turn away the offerings or sacrifices of the people during that time.  It will be a different sacrificial system than that in the Old Covenant under the Law of Moses which was regulated by the laws of God or it would not be accepted by God.  Since Christ has been accepted by God the Father as the sacrifice for our sins our offerings are now accepted by Him without the regulations of the old testament laws.  I hope this helps in some way. blessings

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

For the cookout

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

We need to understand that Armaggedon there will still be people here on earth who were never saved and people will still be living as we are living today. But with one great difference. During the 1000 years there will be a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT and Christ will be the only ruler in the world.

The idea that the sacrifices mentioned in the book of Ezekiel will be done to remind us of what Christ did for us is not written anywhere in the bible. Which makes that belief a false, man made excuse for that which is written in scripture that men refuse to believe  In Ezekiel the "Prince" IE Christ will be preparing and doing the sacrifices "FOR THE PEOPLE". Which tells us that those folks who are in need of the sacrifices for the purposes of "Atonement"  and other reasons stated in Ezekiel chapter 40, 41, 44, 45 etc will be receiving sacrifices via Christ because they will be in need of such.

There will not be another chance of forgiveness like the one we have received through Christ and we will not be in human form during the 1000 years. We will be in our glorified bodies and we will be ministering to Christ and to the people at that time.

Yes there will still be people and they will still be imperfect and in need of Atonement.

I hope this will help you better understand why there will be sacrifices during the 1000 years.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Zechariah 14:16-21 - And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even "go up year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles."  And it shall be that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.  And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.  This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.  In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the Lord's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.  Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that "sacrifice" shall come and take of them, and seethe therein:  and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

Isaiah 60:6; 66:23

Leviticus 23:34-36

Nehemiah 8:14-18

Hosea 12:9

John 7:2

There will be offerings and sacrifices made but it will be of rememberance as scripture tells the feast of tabernacles will be kept by all nations and all the heathens who will not come to Jerusalem to keep this solemn assembly will have no rain and if they still want come to the feast of tabernacles then a plague will come upon them but all nations will be required to keep the feasts of tabernacles year by year during the 1000 millenial reign of Christ on earth it is a solemn feast.  You can study in the Word of God just what this feast of tabernacles is and the offering and sacrifices and what they entail and it was for rememberance in how that God had brought the children of Israel out of Egypt.

One thing for sure Jesus will not be slain again or be offered again for the atonement of the heathen during the 1000 year reign of Christ but the heathen on the earth at that time will be forced to come to the solemn feast of the Lord year by year or they will be punished with no having any rain and be plagued by God until they do.  But the feast of tabernacles will be keep by all nations during Christ's reign.  This is what was foretold to us by the prophets and it will come to pass during that time period.   But Christ will not be offered up again for the sins of the world neither will the blood of bulls and goats take away the sins of the heathen in the earth at that time.

:thumbsup:

Who Is LORD?

The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, These are the appointed feasts of the Lord that you shall proclaim as holy convocations; they are my appointed feasts. Leviticus 23:1-2 (ESV)

Supper With The KING Anyone?

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20 (KJV)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I understand that animal sacrifices will resume during Christ's 1000 year reign on earth. Why?

I have been told it is to remember His sacrifice for all, like we do in the Lord's supper (which was to be celebrated until He comes). But I thought that there is no need for animal sacrifices since they cannot make anyone perfect, and it is not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Hebrews 10, 1-18. V.16. This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them. Then He adds, Their sins and their lawless deeds i will remember no more. Now where there is a remission of these there is no longer an offering for sin.. NKJV

Does that mean that there will no longer be remission of sins during the mellinium?

Will there be another covenant with the people during the millinium that will again require the killing of bulls and goats?

Or will they just represent gifts to the Lord?.

Please clarify for me the need for animal sacrifices during the mellinium.

The only Scripture that hints towards that is in the Ezekiel Millennium section of Scripture, Ezek.40-48. But like NT says, Jesus became the one perfect sacrifice for sin, for one and all time. The NT also treats the idea of sacrifice now as being our love for The Father and His Son.

So I do not believe the Ezekiel Scripture for those Millennial parts are about real animal sacrifices, but that language was put there because of it being given in OT times.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

For the cookout

I'm gonna be cookin on one of those nice tow-behind cookin' outfits you see at the rib-n-brisket bbq competitions. I'm stoked.  :biggrinflip:

In all seriousness - I don't believe there will be any killing of any kind.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

I think it isn't done because of any sins but done simply as an act of worship to the Lord.