Edwin

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Your help in resolving the following will be much appreciated.

Rom 5:14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. 

In what way is Adam a type of Jesus?

And what is your understanding of.

1Ti 2:14   And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 

How would Eve be saved though her childbearing?

1Ti 2:15 - but she will be saved through her child-bearing, if they continue in faith, love, and sanctification with sobriety.

Thank you.

Edwin.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

???

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Rom 5:14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. 

1Ti 2:14   And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 

1Ti 2:15 - but she will be saved through her child-bearing, if they continue in faith, love, and sanctification with sobriety.

Thank you.

Edwin.

Hello Edwin

How does this sound?

Adam came by the Spoken Word and was therefore perfect. He knowingly entered into the transgression for the love of his wife but was not able to redeem her as Christ did His bride.

What Adam did is a type of Jesus Christ's descension.

Eve's transgression has to do with the ushering in of life, from the perfect to the permissive, therefore if she is faithfull in her assigned position (living by the Word) in the fallen condition she shall be saved.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Adam = 1st of human race

Christ = 1st human born from the dead

Moses = Law giver Old Covenant

Christ = Law giver New Covenant

"Eve" (women) bring forth the Christ Child and thus humanity is potentially saved (actually saved on an individual basis when believing in Jesus)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Thank you.

Edwin.

That Scripture doesn't say saved through childbearing only, but those other things too. It's pointing to the woman following The LORD and her husband, and how God setup the relationship between man and woman for this world. Similar can be said for the man too, he has expected duties from God to fulfill also in that relationship with woman.

Concerning the man Adam as a 'type', I know this is not often taught in the Churches, but it's a very important principle in God's Word concerning the man Adam:

In Gen.1:26-27, but in the Hebrew, we're shown the man Adam created in a different relationship with God. There is a distinction there in Hebrew between His creation of the man Adam (eth'ha' aadam) and His creation of mankind (aadam only in the Hebrew). This is later shown in Gen.2 thru 4, in contrast to the man Adam God placed in His Garden vs. the peoples of the "land of Nod" outside that Garden where Cain went to and found a wife.

The Church tradition that is taught us instead, is that Adam and Eve were created first, and then all peoples descended from them. But that's not what the Hebrew of Gen.1:26-27, nor the people in the "land of Nod", actually points to. God created the races of mankind (aadam) and a specific man Adam (eth'ha aadam) in the beginning on His 6th day (see the 19th century Christian scholar E.W. Bullinger's Companion Bible Appendix on this distinction also).

Thank you 2404 for your comments.

An example of my thinking on this topic can be found at 

I had forgotten that I had already said this, I am nearly 83 years old, and my memory is no where as good as it used to be.

Bless you.

Edwin.

Edited by Edwin

???

Thank you Persuaded for your post.

I had forgotten that I had already said this, I am nearly 83 years old, and my memory is no where near as good as it used to be.

Bless you.

Edwin.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Thank you 2404 for your comments.

An example of my thinking on this topic can be found at 

I had forgotten that I had already said this, I am nearly 83 years old, and my memory is no where as good as it used to be.

Bless you.

Edwin.

Good Morning to you

83 that is amazing.

You are an inspiration...

The Word never gets old.

Fresh every day because it is our bread.

God bless you my friend.

Edited by 2404

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Adam was the first in God Creation of the world.   Or we could say that Adam is the first created man under the Old Testament, Creation.

Whereas Jesus Christ was the Only Begotten Son of God, that is God come in the flesh, John 1:1; 14;  Philippians 2:5-8; Isaiah 48:16-17.  But we see that God send His Son, that He might redeem those of us who trust in Christ Jesus, and make us adopted heirs to God, Galatians 4:4-7; Romans 8:14-17. 

When Jesus rose from the dead He became the First of the New Creation of the new man; Revelation 3:14 and II Corinthians 5:17.   As stated in the Old Testament the story of the Feast of First-fruits in Leviticus 23:9-14 to which Paul refers in the following passage.

20)  But now is Christ raised from the dead, and become the First-fruits of them that slept.

21)  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22)  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23)  But every man in his own order: Christ the First-fruits: afterward they that are Christ's at His Coming.

I Corinthians 15:20-23

For when our God Jesus returns He will fashion our vile bodies like unto His Glorious Body, Philippians 3:20-21; I John 3:1-2.  But although Jesus is still God, we must remember that by becoming a Man, He became poor for us that we might be rich in Him, II Corinthians 9:8.  For Jesus is still God and equal to the Father, but because in His New Body He is like unto His brethren and sister, Hebrews 2:9-18, He will be our High Priest and submit Himself to the Father, I Corinthians 15:28-29.

So just as Adam was the first Creation of the Godhead, so Christ is the First-Fruit, of the New Creation of God, that is the First Resurrected Man, and all that trust Him will He give new bodies when He returns.  For by Adam came death, but by Christ Jesus come life eternal, and membership into the Family of God; Galatians 6:10; Ephesians 2:19.