IGNORED

Is Christianity a Religion or Sprituality ?

Clark

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Clark....

Yes,Christianity is a religion,,,,,,

A religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence. Many religions have narratives, symbols, and sacred histories that are intended to explain the meaning of life and/or to explain the origin of life or the Universe.                                           Wikepedia

So,what are those beliefs.........they are the beliefs that Jesus is the Son of God,Who died on the cross in our place.....rose from the dead on the 3rd day etc.....Christians BELIEVE in Jesus finished works & accept Him as a personal Lord & Savior

Spirituality,yes.......we(Christians)have a personal relationship with our Lord.......some say it is neither but I say it is ALL things,,,,,,everything belongs to God,we belong to God,He abides in us and we in Him,,,,,whatever is His,is ours by inheritance from the moment we were reconciled back to Him by our Faith in Jesus......by Grace we are grafted in & are heirs to His Kingdom,the earth is His Footstool,,,,,,we are in this world but not of it so we do abide by the laws of the land ,authorities & even definitions but we are separate from the world as we walk in Spirit & in Truth,,,,,,,,,,we live in Gods Righteousness & are Holy by the Blood of the Lamb......& we believe in all these things,that is the religion spoken of in Gods Word                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

"church"....sometimes has little do do with any of it but are simply traditions of man,,,,,,,,find a good House of Praise & Worship where you can hear Gods Truth & give Him Praise........they are out there

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Although it's already been said on this thread, I would like to reiterate in my own words.

Christianity is not a religion, it is based on having a personal relationship with the one true God. However, depending on how you use semantics, it can be called a religion, especially by non-Christians. When we are talking statistics and demographics, I personally have no problem with Christianity being referred to as a religion, because for one it simplifies things and secondly to those who don't know any better Christianity is a religion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Really nice responses everyone! Tremendously observant commentaries, also. Well said and well done. Couldn't have done better.

God bless you,

Shalom

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Beau...

So true......everyones replies are so heartfelt and the TRUTH,,,,,,,,,isn't it wonderful how we all say things our own way,to the unbeliever it can even seem as though we are saying something different.....we can only hope that all will see,revealed by the Holy Spirit....that THIS is what Christianity truly is,,,,,,the Body of Christ with Christ as our Head,,,,,all united by our faith in the knowledge of our Lord & Savior......this one accord,the like mind & judgement because the same Spirit abides in each of us , that we can all come into agreement that we are all Gods children & each of us has our own relationship with Him,Saved by His unmerited,undeserved Grace!!!!!!!!!!    WE are Christianity...........Glory be to God!!!!!                                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

This is one of my burning questions and I have to hear it from a group of people.

we all heard of this....

God created man, and man created religion.

what is Christianity to Religion and to Sprituality ?

is it both ?

I ask this question because, there are many rules in the church and also it very fear based they teach you to fear more than love. For example, a holy man fears the lord, or they say. you should be afraid to go to Helll cause you'll burn.

Your thoughts................

I believe there is a lot of trueth in what you say because we were created to worship - thereby the many religions. If we say we are not religious we are only fooling ourselves because we all worship something be it material goods our intellect, popularity etc. As for our churchs and their rules they may be just fine but we know that these things will all fail and stay in the ground - only God is the giver of life. We can be religious and spiritual but that 'spiritual' has to line up with the Word or it isn't God's Spirit.

Scripture says that if we seek Him with all our heart He will reveal Himself to us.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/27/1986

I think its diffrent for many people some people call themselves christian simply coz they not born muslim but they have no intrest in God or the bible , others are religious and follow an order or

doctrine this is so there may be order in a church so all churches form a doctrine  In religion its all about facts there is no believe in healings, phophesy, deliverance .  But this also creates the fact that poeple follow rules and do not get to know God and allow themselves to have a relationship with Him .  As for the fear of the Lord you see many today teach that God is love and He is the father waiting on his children to come home and that Jesus is the way to the father .  this is true but God is also Holy and pure and evil connot stand in his presence .  He is majestic He is King of Kings so even as a princein the kingdom you are to revere God .  When you love God and have a relationship with Him you idiology changes the way you persieve God is diffrent .  Sin leads to death and seperation of us and God ( sin can not stand in his presence )  But the bible says therefore there is no condemnation for us who are in Christ Jesus .  We are the rightousness of God in Christ Jesus .  Note IN HIM appart from him we are nothing .  we connot please God and we connot attone for anything but in Him -Jesus we are ecceptable to God .  The diffrence between a sinner and a believer is this .  That the believer can be forgiven the sinner not for that they would have to eccept the sacrificial lamb whom is Jesus .  the believer's  sin  is forgiven not sometimes all the time HOW?  He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness (1John 1.9).   Hope this helps

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Some people never read a bible or go to church but they talk and pray to God/Jesus daily and live good lives.  I'd call them more on the side of spirituality.  Then you have people that read the bible daily, go to church, but focus more on the dogmatic aspects making it very political and in constant judgment of others.  I'd call them more religious.  In the end, both can equate to a lifestyle, with Christianity more as a religion is more of a activist/political hall monitor approach and the spirituality side is more of the personal relationship and internal path of focus, wellbeing and centered.  Of course, many people have a blend of both of these aspects.

Edited by Trinitron

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This is one of my burning questions and I have to hear it from a group of people.

we all heard of this....

God created man, and man created religion.

what is Christianity to Religion and to Sprituality ?

is it both ?

I ask this question because, there are many rules in the church and also it very fear based they teach you to fear more than love. For example, a holy man fears the lord, or they say. you should be afraid to go to Helll cause you'll burn.

Your thoughts................

Read the bible. Start in the new testament. Read the witness of Matthew Then the witness of John and then the witnesses  of Peter , James and  Jude. These are the eye witnesses to Christ . After reading these books you should know what Christianity is.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

I am more spiritual than religious. But it is about having a relationship with the Lord. That is more important than calling it a religion. Just my two cents worth. As well as reading the Bible and praying!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Christianity is more than a religion but a lifestyle