Edwin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you other one for your post, you mention that, "Adam was 130 years old when seth was born". 

We are not told just how old Adam and Eve were when Cain and Able were born, but if we speculate and say that Cain was adult, say 30 years old, then it would indicate that they must have been a 100 years old when they started to reproduce.

And then only after the fall to fulfil what God commanded them to do immediately after He had created them.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. 

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth." 

Edwin.

Guest shiloh357

I don't think that the Bible gives us enough information to really know

where she came from. But most tend to theorize that he married one of his

sisters.

Where did noah's sons sons got there wives from if cain taking his sister to wife is a theory ? :lightbulb2:

Noah's sons already had wives before the flood.  Their wives were with them in the ark.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

sisters.

Are you implying that God created two women and choose to tell us about Eve ?

????? Your post makes no sense.

Guest Teditis

sisters.

Where did noah's sons sons got there wives from if cain taking his sister to wife is a theory ? :lightbulb2:

Reread my first sentence.

Guest Teditis

sisters.

Are you implying that God created two women and choose to tell us about Eve ?

????? Your post makes no sense.

It's called baiting... imho.

I stay away from those types of discussions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Gen 3:20

20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

In this verse she is mother of all living could infer they had daughters other wise she is not a mother yet.

later

Gen 4

1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

also the last part of this verse infers she finally had a son not daughter.

I believe this means she was the mother of all living named or not named in the bible.

Gen 5:4

4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

Here we see not all humans were listed by name.

It is not hard to imagine Adam and Eve either had other children ( daughters ) before or after Cain and Able and this is the

women they chose from. It is clear God created two people Adam and Eve all other humans came from them.

Cain had to have married a relative.

this is just how I see it.

Guest Butero

There is no question it was one of his sisters.  It is the only logical answer, as Adam and Eve were the first human beings, and everyone in the human race can be traced back to them.  That is why we were all born in sin.  If there were other people on the earth at the time, besides children of Adam and Eve, that would mean God created them separate and without sin, so some would have a sin nature and some would not.  This is more than a theory.  It is a fact that Cain married one of his sisters. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

sisters.

Noah's sons already had wives before the flood.  Their wives were with them in the ark.

Noah sons shem etc had sons.  who got there wives from where hence Noah sons sons 

If Adam and Eve were the only humans God made, then where did Cain get his wife from?

:thumbsup:

The Sons

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,  Genesis 6:1

Of Adam

which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God. Luke 3:38(c-d)

And The Daughters Of Eve

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Genesis 6:2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

If Adam and Eve were the only humans God made, then where did Cain get his wife from?

Gen 4:1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, "I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD." 

Gen 4:2 And again, she bore his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, and Cain a worker of the ground. 

Gen 4:16 Then Cain went away from the presence of the LORD and settled in the land of Nod, [fn] east of Eden. 

Gen 4:17 Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. When he built a city, he called the name of the city after the name of his son, Enoch.

4:16) Nod means wandering

Thank you.

Edwin.

Adam and Eve had a bunch of kids not just Cain and Abel. Adam lived a very very long time on the earth and he was 930 years old when he died. During that time period a lot of people were born into the earth. Adam and Eve according to scripture were still having sons and daughters when he was 800 years old even. Obviously Cain took a wife from the women that were born into the earth at that time period. The human race started out with Adam and Eve and had to grow and flourish from there. You can get more understanding perhaps if you was to read in Genesis 5.

Especially....

Genesis 5:1-5