• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

We were given the right to eat animals in genesis 9.

Sometimes those animal rights folks go way overboard. 

I took pleasure in seeing something yesterday that peta had wanted shut down. I enjoyed myself too.

PETA by the way, have been known to slaughter animals themselves in order to blame it on somebody else and try to prove a point.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I love animals,nature,Gods creatures great & small....I also love chicken marsala,veal parmiagano,pork roast etc....    hmmmm

I bet she ate chicken as a "little girl" herself............please!i have a dear friend that refuse to eat veal in protest of the way the calves are handled............it's what they're bred for,,,,,food.......i have other concerns that I think greatly outweigh this nonsense

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Her "little girl" is a chicken that she basically went into a place and took so as to keep the chicken from being killed and sold.

She did not tell a lie about her little girl (chicken).   She just about perfectly describes how chickens are raised and slaughtered.   It's really a very ugly business......       and it's even worse for those that have to lay eggs for a time before they are killed and eaten..

but it is also very tasty.   She isn't the first person I have seen that can't handle the meat and poultry business when introduced close and personal.  It's really kind of sad...

But, these people are not interested in solving such problems. They use the barbarity of the meat trade to justify not eating meat at all. They are really not interested in bringing about a humane slaughtering industry because then they won't be able to use animal cruelty as an excuse not to to be vegan or vegetarian.

I have a vegan friend who was constantly lecturing me about how the whole World should become vegan and that if we try hard enough we can force every country in the World to stop eating meat or animal produce. In the future, he predicted, nobody on the Planet will ever eat meat , fish or dairy ever again. It's mankind's destiny, or so he believes.

The next time I spoke to him he was ranting on about the cruelty of dairy farming. I told him to concentrate his efforts on changing the ethics of the dairy industry.

His reply:- "What you think that people like us can change an entire industry? How could we possibly do that?"

"No," I thought to myself, "you can't possibly change one single industry, but you think you can persuade every nation on the Globe into becoming vegan."

That's how these people think. They want to inflict their way of life on everybody else. They are food Nazis, plain and simple. They're not interested in improving the life of animals. They don't want us eating animals - period. They don't even want us to eat the food that animals give us such as eggs and milk. Why, my friend doesn't even eat honey because it exploits insects.

Go figure!

My friend is also an Atheist and he believes in all this Global Warming rubbish. As far as he is concerned mankind is to blame for everything. His wife is strict vegan too. They have too young daughters who are probably about seven and five years old by now. They have never, ever eaten meat, milk, eggs, butter, cheese, yoghurt, honey or fish. They are small for their age and exist entirely on fruit, cereals and vegetables.

My friend also believes that teaching children about God is equivalent to child abuse - yet he abuses his own kids by half-starving them. He even compares eating meat to being the same as a serial killer.

I have met vegetarians that are okay, but I have never, ever met a vegan who isn't half-loopy. They can't even tell the truth in order to spread their doctrine. It's all propaganda anyway. If you hear vegans talk, they're the healthiest people on the Planet, they live longer than anybody else, they never get cancer and they never get heart disease. It's just a delusion.

That's why the woman in the article told everybody in the restaurant that the chicken was her 'little girl'. It's designed to shock, scare and shame people into not eating meat.

It's wrong and it's cheap!

I understand and really don't disagree, but it bothered me when you accused her of not telling the truth about her little girl when she really was telling the truth.....       I too would disagree with her use of the truth for all the wrong reasons, but in my viewpoint people need to understand the ramifications of our actions......    and yes we do abuse animals for food.

Her "little girl" is a chicken that she basically went into a place and took so as to keep the chicken from being killed and sold.

She did not tell a lie about her little girl (chicken).   She just about perfectly describes how chickens are raised and slaughtered.   It's really a very ugly business......       and it's even worse for those that have to lay eggs for a time before they are killed and eaten..

but it is also very tasty.   She isn't the first person I have seen that can't handle the meat and poultry business when introduced close and personal.  It's really kind of sad...

But, these people are not interested in solving such problems. They use the barbarity of the meat trade to justify not eating meat at all. They are really not interested in bringing about a humane slaughtering industry because then they won't be able to use animal cruelty as an excuse not to to be vegan or vegetarian.

I have a vegan friend who was constantly lecturing me about how the whole World should become vegan and that if we try hard enough we can force every country in the World to stop eating meat or animal produce. In the future, he predicted, nobody on the Planet will ever eat meat , fish or dairy ever again. It's mankind's destiny, or so he believes.

The next time I spoke to him he was ranting on about the cruelty of dairy farming. I told him to concentrate his efforts on changing the ethics of the dairy industry.

His reply:- "What you think that people like us can change an entire industry? How could we possibly do that?"

"No," I thought to myself, "you can't possibly change one single industry, but you think you can persuade every nation on the Globe into becoming vegan."

That's how these people think. They want to inflict their way of life on everybody else. They are food Nazis, plain and simple. They're not interested in improving the life of animals. They don't want us eating animals - period. They don't even want us to eat the food that animals give us such as eggs and milk. Why, my friend doesn't even eat honey because it exploits insects.

Go figure!

My friend is also an Atheist and he believes in all this Global Warming rubbish. As far as he is concerned mankind is to blame for everything. His wife is strict vegan too. They have too young daughters who are probably about seven and five years old by now. They have never, ever eaten meat, milk, eggs, butter, cheese, yoghurt, honey or fish. They are small for their age and exist entirely on fruit, cereals and vegetables.

My friend also believes that teaching children about God is equivalent to child abuse - yet he abuses his own kids by half-starving them. He even compares eating meat to being the same as a serial killer.

I have met vegetarians that are okay, but I have never, ever met a vegan who isn't half-loopy. They can't even tell the truth in order to spread their doctrine. It's all propaganda anyway. If you hear vegans talk, they're the healthiest people on the Planet, they live longer than anybody else, they never get cancer and they never get heart disease. It's just a delusion.

That's why the woman in the article told everybody in the restaurant that the chicken was her 'little girl'. It's designed to shock, scare and shame people into not eating meat.

It's wrong and it's cheap!

I understand and really don't disagree, but it bothered me when you accused her of not telling the truth about her little girl when she really was telling the truth.....       I too would disagree with her use of the truth for all the wrong reasons, but in my viewpoint people need to understand the ramifications of our actions......    and yes we do abuse animals for food.

But was she telling the truth? The chicken is not her little girl. She told everyone that she had a little girl who was abused. She eventually (and indirectly) revealed that she was talking about a chicken but not until she had deceived people into thinking that she was talking about her child.

She claimed also that the chicken was crying. Seriously? Do chickens cry?

Emotive language was used and it was used in a deceitful way. These are the tricks that these people use.

And even if we do abuse animals for food then these people should be trying to stop that. We have 'free range' products for that reason. How does this woman know that the chicken in the restaurant is not free range anyway? Does she actually care? Does she address that issue? No, because she thinks that the chicken is a human being and she places the value of a chicken as equal to that of a human. She has anthropomorphised animals into men. That's because these people believe that humans are animals anyway. They believe that man is just another beast. That's why they use animals to excuse their own immoral behavoiur.

For example, that's why homosexuality is okay to them, because it happens in the animal kingdom.

These are the sort of excuses that they use.

I understood it as she had a pet chicken that she calls her little girl.....    I had to deal with these people off and on for years when I was working for Xerox.    Many of them actually do mean well......     it's hard to describe them in any real way for they are so not normal.....   I know people who would say the same things she's saying and the tears would actually be real.....   they hurt for the animals we eat..

What makes it worse people were not originally designed to eat meat from what I understand about Genesis....     and somewhere I get the idea that when Jesus returns and we are in heaven we won't be eating meat either......   something about lions and calves together.....

So it's kind of hard for me to call them just nuts because we want to have some veal tonight......    but since God told it it's ok to eat the little critters, they are going to get eaten......     but it's ok for people like this to care.

Personally I couldn't shoot a deer.....   but I have friends and relatives who do......   and yes I do munch on the things when they do, but when I look into those big brown eyes......   well the finger just won't move......   and Yes I have tried more times than I care to think......    I traded a Savage 300 that I had access to for a full sized Canon.........    Canon Rebel t1i.

So I look at my pictures and eat my cousins venison and we're all happy......   this poor girl just can't get over it though....    and maybe it's not so bad that someone really cares.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

She isn't the first person I have seen that can't handle the meat and poultry business when introduced close and personal.  It's really kind of sad...

Her response to it is wrong. I cant handle that either and for many years was borderline vegetarian. To this day I have meat issues and will often refuse to eat meat and have even left the table gagging over just the appearance of meat. 

However I know well that this is my problem and not anyone else's. I do not remotely ask anyone (except my husband) to refrain from any meat. (I ask mike not to eat things with bones around me so I dont start gagging lol.) I wouldnt dream of asking or demanding anyone stop eating meat.

I understood it as she had a pet chicken that she calls her little girl.....    I had to deal with these people off and on for years when I was working for Xerox.    Many of them actually do mean well......     it's hard to describe them in any real way for they are so not normal.....   I know people who would say the same things she's saying and the tears would actually be real.....   they hurt for the animals we eat..

What makes it worse people were not originally designed to eat meat from what I understand about Genesis....     and somewhere I get the idea that when Jesus returns and we are in heaven we won't be eating meat either......   something about lions and calves together.....

So it's kind of hard for me to call them just nuts because we want to have some veal tonight......    but since God told it it's ok to eat the little critters, they are going to get eaten......     but it's ok for people like this to care.

Personally I couldn't shoot a deer.....   but I have friends and relatives who do......   and yes I do munch on the things when they do, but when I look into those big brown eyes......   well the finger just won't move......   and Yes I have tried more times than I care to think......    I traded a Savage 300 that I had access to for a full sized Canon.........    Canon Rebel t1i.

So I look at my pictures and eat my cousins venison and we're all happy......   this poor girl just can't get over it though....    and maybe it's not so bad that someone really cares.

You have a good point and maybe it's wrong of me to tarnish them all with the same brush, but in my experience there are people who just don't eat meat for ethical reasons  -  and then there are people who don't eat it, expect nobody else to eat it either and tell lies and create propaganda about it.

Let me put it this way, I have never met a Christian vegan, not one. And believe me I've met plenty of vegans. They're all militant nutjobs. I apologise if there are any Christian vegans reading this, but if there are any, then they are the exception.

As for God and his ways - maybe you're right that in our perfect state we don't eat meat, but we're not in our perfect state... and God told us that we can eat meat if we wish. It's quite possible that in antediluvian times plants were different to what they are now. Now we need animal produce to obtain vitamin B12 in our diets. Vegetarianism is okay because it does have B12 (eggs for example) but Veganism is nutritionally dangerous.

You can go for years without B12 because your body stores it, but young children are susceptible if they have been brought up on exclusively vegan diets. Most vegans cheat anyway because they take B12 supplements which kind of destroys the argument that their diet is the healthiest in the World. How can your diet be healthy if you need to swallow pills in order to get all the nutrients that you require?

I don't expect everybody to be able to hunt or work in an abattoir or practise as a butcher - it's dirty work. Some can do it, some can't, but I do expect anybody who has a valid belief in not eating meat to be honest about it, not lie, not use emotional blackmail and not act like tyrants towards those who wish to do. I've met vegetarians whom I didn't even know were vegetarians because they kept it to themselves, but vegans are different. You'll always know whether somebody is a vegan or not because they never shut up about it.

But the lady in the video - is she vegetarian or is she vegan? I don't know she didn't say. Maybe I'm misjudging her - maybe she's vegetarian and not completely vegan. She reminds me of the militant Vegans that I know though, and every single one that I know or have known in my life is either seriously deluded or a shameless propagandist.

well Oak,   I've decided that you need to move to Oklahoma....   you deserve to live among good people.

well Oak,   I've decided that you need to move to Oklahoma....   you deserve to live among good people.

It's not for no reason that your State has the abbreviation OK because to me it sounds okay.

But if I move there and I don't see fields of corn 'as high as a elephant's eye' and there's no sign of Shirley Jones or Gordon McCrae then I will have no choice but to sue you for false representation.

Ok? :laughing:

It's not for no reason that your State has the abbreviation OK because to me it sounds okay.

But if I move there and I don't see fields of corn 'as high as a elephant's eye' and there's no sign of Shirley Jones or Gordon McCrae then I will have no choice but to sue you for false representation.

Ok? :laughing:

well Shirley may not be here, but most of our women are really good looking and you won't miss her and.....   well Gordon's you can meet at any doughnut shop every morning....