• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Roman 5:8. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Hard for me to understand God's love. Could you imagine when Jesus went in to Jerusalem, to be the the lamb, and said to everyone to first thank and love Him, then He would go to the cross? That is what I see love is to people. Everyone says I will not love unless you first love me the way I want you too. Not at all how Jesus showed us love. What makes bitter people lash out with hurtful words, over and over, and then seem to think everyone should love them? How do you love someone so bitter. Every word or action, no matter how hard you try, you accused of being against them. How do you help someone in self destruct mode.

Are we to love others regardless of how they treat us? Why does someone's words seem to paralyze me. Not sure what I've said yet, or if I said what I wanted.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi hmbld,

I think I know what you mean. Is it that in our own strength we cannot love those that come against us, in word or deed. My hope & trust is in the Lord who will do that through me as I mature in Him.

`...seeing that His Divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life & godliness,....He has granted to us His precious & magnificent promises in order that by them you might become partakers of the Divine nature,......

Now for this very reason also applying all diligence,.......(list of qualities) & in your brotherly kindness (to those we love) Christian love, (Christ through us loving those who persecute us)`  (2 Peter 1: 3 - 7)

Hope that is helpful.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

1 Corinthians 13 helps me when dealing with not so pleasant people in my life which speaks about unconditional love.

The Lord's Prayer also is a help to me in granting forgiveness to those who have wronged me so that I myself may be forgiven by the Heavenly Father of any transgressions or sins I commit against him.  Forgiveness is something we have to learn to walk in as we must walk in the love of the Lord.

Also the words that Jesus spoke to the Heavenly Father while he was hanging on the cross for the ungodly helps me love the seemingly unloveable.  Jesus uttered these words and said, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do".   This is true to the ungodly, those who are bitter and cruel with the words they use in their speech.  For they do so in ignorance not knowing the love of God and who Christ really is the Saviour of the world.  Therefore they are alienated from the love of God.  Sometimes the only way sinners can or will see the love of God at all is through our lives we live before the ungodly which is having unconditional love towards others.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

People sometimes get that way because they themselves are hurting so horribly that they can't trust anyone to get near them. It is defensiveness. For this reason we can have compassion on them. They are angry at themselves as well and filled with self loathing and fear that often is expresses with bravado and bigotry. They are most of all to be pitied.

The best things you can do is pray earnestly for them.

Remember that there is a spiritual battle going on, and it is satan who is behind the darts being thrown at you that hurt so bad. He want's you to give up.

Don't take their rejection personally. Often they are rejecting Christ in you, not you yourself.

Remember that Christ in you is greater than any evil in the world. He has overcome the world.

God still loves him, and God lives in you so His love lives in you.

The person can't love himself, either, and it may make him even angrier if/that you could love him when he can't.

But sometimes Gods love in you will melt the shell. It takes time, persistance, and a lot more rejection and hurt. It also takes determination.

Tell him God loves him just the way he is and keep reminding him of it. It will make him angrier but it may someday sink in.

It is like a dog that has been hit by a car will often bite the people trying to rescue it.

Some, such as my father in law, never did receive Christ that we know of.

Some, like my husband, did receive Christ 35 years ago. He is a new Creature--so gentle and kind.. He said that my telling him that I loved him for himself made a huge impact on him. He didn't have to earn my love--it was freely given.

Blessings,

Willa

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hard as it is, you have to rise above and pray for them. Because if you don't and feel hate or any feeling like it, you only poison and burden yourself with that negativiity and that drowns and drains you and chips away at you, even unconsciously.

Roman 5:8. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Hard for me to understand God's love. Could you imagine when Jesus went in to Jerusalem, to be the the lamb, and said to everyone to first thank and love Him, then He would go to the cross? That is what I see love is to people. Everyone says I will not love unless you first love me the way I want you too. Not at all how Jesus showed us love.

What makes bitter people lash out with hurtful words, over and over, and then seem to think everyone should love them? How do you love someone so bitter. Every word or action, no matter how hard you try, you accused of being against them. How do you help someone in self destruct mode.

Are we to love others regardless of how they treat us? Why does someone's words seem to paralyze me. Not sure what I've said yet, or if I said what I wanted.

~

Hard as it is, you have to rise above and pray for them. Because if you don't and feel hate or any feeling like it, you only poison and burden yourself with that negativity and that drowns and drains you and chips away at you, even unconsciously.

:thumbsup:

The Power

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

Of

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Love

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I've heard a comment several times, but am unable to remember where it comes from. It reminds me of Romans 5:8 also, every time I hear it.

It is something like " do I love so little that being betrayed changes anything?"

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02