i know the feeling

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I struggle with the same thing. I have a hard time letting go of my friends that are no good for me. I hang on because it's all I have left and I'm afraid to just trust God with the whole thing. I'm terrified of being alone and really don't feel sure enough that somebody is going to be there when I do let go. Which I Guess means I'm not trusting God fully. I know God is there, I have felt him come closer to me rather then farther away. I know He is there. I just need to let go and grab on to Him.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Praying

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Pearl,

I totally understand where your coming from..Yet I have found strength and encouragement in my quiet time that I spend in singing Praise and Worship songs to the Lord and giving Him all my praises..

I am Thankful for the Blood of Jesus wash over all my mistakes and cleaning me up into a Godly lady for Him..

Stay Faithful and watch this video call I am AWESOME by Anima series..

I have been so blessed by it and I am making it my prayer..

I hope I have encouraged you to be AWESOME in being you because we are all Wonderfully and Fearfully made..

Stay Blessed!

Guest Adam Pedapudi

Blessings preciouspearl

Glad to see you back,I noticed you were not around for a while......I am here if you need somebody to talk with,I have to tell you though ,,,right at this moment I am grieving the loss of one of my nearest & dearest friends so I may not be much good for anyone for now.......

But I am usually on line here quite often & do respond as soon as I can ,feel free to PM me.......just cut me a little slack right now if I don't answer that fast as I normally would...............I suddenly know ,by the death of my dear friend,how it feels to be very lonely.......it is not a good feeling,I have some wonderful,loving friends but all I can think of is the friend I just lost,,,,,??????

God is always with us & provides our every need,,,,,,,,,He will send you what & who you need,just trust Him pearl

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Pearl,

I totally understand where your coming from..Yet I have found strength and encouragement in my quiet time that I spend in singing Praise and Worship songs to the Lord and giving Him all my praises..

I am Thankful for the Blood of Jesus wash over all my mistakes and cleaning me up into a Godly lady for Him..

Stay Faithful and watch this video call I am AWESOME by Anima serie

hi how are you

Blessings Pearl

I am sorry for your loss as well.............& I understand how much a pet means to some of us,they are dearly loved and things are not the same without them,I'm so sorry.........................and I mean it,I am here whenever & if ever you want

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Adam

Welcome to Worthy...................do I see a Pegasus behind you in your avatar? I cannot wait to ride one in Heaven-lol  (I am a horse trainer & have not had the pleasure of working with any winged horses...just kidding)      God Bless you & glad you are here                With love -in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

It does hurt when our friends reject us. I had one call me "more holy than thou" because I didn't laugh at her dirty jokes. But I really missed her and had real love for her in Christ. On the other hand a couple of old friends I had lost contact with later renewed our friendship and are now saved. They live hundreds of miles away now but we call and email occasionally.. And I found friends in bible studies. One had just been saved that I had preiously known. We became prayer partners and grew in the Lord together. Hubby was not yet saved, my mom died, and it was a tough time. But sometimes being a friend to someone is the answer, instead of looking for a person to fill the hole in our lives. I no longer hope for certain people to be my friend. Instead I look for opportunities to serve someone else. Sometimes I have determined to be a better friend to them should they ever have a need, then they have been to me.

There is deep lonliness and even depression when we grieve over the loss of friends. There is no shortcut it seems. Even the disciples mourned deeply over the loss of Stephen when he was stoned to death. But it can turn into a growing experience for us; God can use even this so that we can help others going through it with the same help we were given. Just being someone who understands and listens can help so much.

We normally just wish He would find some other way to grow us. They say suffering builds character. I asked God concerning one friend who was going through really tough times, that since he was already a character, so did he really need more? But that is my wry sense of humor.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

yes. and the only one who hangs out with me lately kind of annoys me. i don tknow what to do.

i guess i can just hang out without expecting more

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In this fashion is denial of self and walking in s(S)pirit:

First born relations change to second born realities awaiting fulfillment... I am not

home and my body is my constant struggle to bring into subjection to the Spirit's lead.

When I am lonely I recognise the first born relativity occurring and in a very real

sense I apologize to The Holy Spirit within me for seeking that which passes away

instead of that which does not... the flesh is constantly (it seems) trying to get

my focus off eternal substance and place it upon the temporal aspects of that which

does not continue with God into the eternities...

The greatest non-justifiable place we stand is ' I'm just human ' -> we will give an

account of ourselves having God within us and our use of His potential in our daily

lives! This should cause fear and circumspect in the hearts of those who truly believe

this is the true light of reality that we are in-as it is written

Luke 12:48-53

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of

stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto

whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required:

and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask

the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what

will I if it be already kindled? 50 But I have a baptism to be

baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be

accomplished! 51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace

on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from

henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three

against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be

divided against the son, and the son against the father; the

mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the

mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and

the daughter in law against her mother in law.

KJV

After all not since any other time "we" have what no other has been given. We have been told

all things of eternity, we have God The Spirit as we have ourselves, we are commissioned...

basically we have been given the 'ALL' of God how then shall our accountability be?

I believe that is what this verse reflects

Phil 2:12-15

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not

as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,

work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of

his good pleasure. 14 Do all things without murmurings and

disputings: 15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons

of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and

perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

KJV

Love, Steven

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

Hi there, 

I feel your pain. We lost the entire circle of friends when I became a believer. Now to be honest, I was a zealot, so it was my own doing. But the reality is they haven't come back as I have gotten better at not being obnoxious. That was 16 years ago. But the LORD provides other friends over time. My church family is awesome, I have had health issues since and the church is there at every turn to help. Although it seems bleak, remember the Israelites decided to turn back to Egypt and slavery not truting that God had better for them further down the road. Trust in our LORD that better things are in store.