• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/16/1993

I'd like to go over this point by point to keep things simple and clear. 

1. What are the needs of the soul? Is there an experience analogous to hunger? Does it expend energy by existing?

2. What is meant when people say "The Soul is Dead until it joins again with Christ?" (Or some variation on the term. "Dead in our souls" I believe is the exact phrase.)

3. Is a soul a blank slate at birth or does it have a "nature?" Does the soul prescribe behavior? Does it prescribe the same behavior as our DNA does?

4. If man is limited by his perspective. Is the soul likewise limited? If so: How?

5. Is it accurate to say that I am a soul. I have a body?

6. Does my soul have all my experiences?

7. Do I currently have a soul? I understand that some christian sects believe that people are dead, truly and entirely dead, until revelation. When they're revived and their "sins made plain for all to see." (Or a variation on the term.) Which I understand to mean that a soul, an immaterial version of me, isn't 

8. (This is tied to  the abortion issue so ignore this question if you think it'll start an argument ) When 

9. Does heaven occupy space or does it have spacial dimensions? How would a soul interact with that space?

10. Does a soul interact with our space?

11. Can a soul be killed? Or made to cease processing information?

12. What is the relationship between our soul and what we learn? Does a soul know how to talk? Can soul do math?

13. What is the relationship between a soul and brain chemistry? If I get drunk does what the soul experience change? If I get brain damaged and drop 40 IQ points is my soul now a moron?

14. How is my soul different of a religious person? How is it different to another atheists? How is it different to that of somebody who was born retarded? Is the retarded persons soul also retarded?

15. What does a soul experience after death?

16. Does a soul have sensation now? Would it have sensation when I'm dead?

17. What makes a soul happy? Is that different now to what would make a soul happy in heaven? Hell? 

18. Is a soul a 1:1 copy of me now? Is that different when I'm dead? Is that different when I'm alive and when my soul is also alive?

19. Is a soul analogous to whatever God is? Is the difference that of ability if we were "made in his image?"

20. How does a soul communicate with another soul?

21. How does a soul communicate with God?

22. How does a soul communicate with my body?

23. Is my mind my soul?

That's all I can think of right now. Thanking you very much.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,135
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Scintillic_Atom_Marriage
     Actually,let us define what you mean by soul,perhaps that is silly of me because you really are asking the question,,,,,,I just don't want to elaborate on anything until I have a better understanding of what you do understand,,,,,does that make sense?
     You see,although many people interchange the words spirit & soul as though they are the same thing ,in Greek psyxḗ (from psyxō, "to breathe, blow" which is the root of the English words "psyche," "psychology") – soul (psyche) AND pneumatikós (an adjective, derived from pneúma, "spirit") – spiritual; relating to the realm of spirit   So,I think you are asking about our spirit ?Am I correct?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW,,,,I did not give write the definitions from Strongs completely......I thought it would suffice just to get the point across,is that okay?

Truly it depends on which Bible translation you use how the words are translated into English

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

Hi S_A_M

Great questions.  Many people use biblegateway, You can type in the word soul or whatever and see what God has told us. 

God Bless You

PS  As to question #13 I think if You lost 40 IQ points You would still manage fine

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,135
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Again,,,,

I think what is most important to know is that we are all spirit living temporarily in a physical body,it is our dwelling place until our bodies die biologically,,,,,,,,,our spirits are eternal and we will go to one of 2 places for all time,,,,,,,,either to Heaven & in the Presence of God by the Grace of God,through our Faith in the knowledge of our Lord & Savior,Christ Jesus

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.                                             John14:6

The other place is a a place of eternal torment ,out of the Presence of God & outer darkness.....

And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.                                                         Matthew 13:42

Seek God while He may still be found                                                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Since the OP is no longer a member, and cannot answer, this thread is closed.