• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

IS HEAVEN IN YOUR FUTURE?

God promised that the righteous would live on earth.

“For evildoers will be cut off,

But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.

Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more;

And you will look carefully for his place, and he will not be there.

But the humble will inherit the land,

And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.”   Psalms 37:9,10,11

Examine the example of Abraham.

1. God promised Abraham and his descendants the land of Canaan as an everlasting possession."And I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession: and I will be their God."

Genesis 17:8

2. God even promised Abraham and his offspring that they would inherit the world.“For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith.”

Romans 4:13

3. Gentiles can receive the promises of Abraham through the seed, Jesus Christ.“in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might came to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”

Galatians 3:14

4. If you belong to Christ then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.“And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.”

Galatians 3:29

5. Abraham is the father of the righteous.

“For this reason it is by faith, that it might be in accordance with grace, in order that the promise may be certain to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all.”

Romans 4:16

6. But, Abraham did not receive even a foot of ground."And He gave him no inheritance in it, not even a foot of ground; and yet, even when he had no child, He promised that He would give it to him as a possession, and to his offspring after him.”

Acts 7:5

7. So, if we trust God that his promise to Abraham is good, and since Abraham hasn't yet received his inheritance then it follows that Abraham and his righteous descendants (even righteous Gentiles) will inherit the earth at some future time.

"Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.”

Matthew 5:5

"And Thou hast made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth."

Revelation 5:10

The Scriptures very plainly say that the righteous will inherit the earth; so why does everyone talk about going to heaven? Where in the Bible does it say the righteous will go to heaven?

“Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling,”

(Hebrews 3:1), “those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,” (Hebrews 6:4), “be assured that a place has been prepared for you,” (John 14:2), “the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,” (Revelation 21:2), “and the kingdom of the world will become the kingdom of our LORD, and of His Messiah; and He will reign forever and ever,” (Revelation 11:15).

I invite your comments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

You are looking at the future through the eyes of the past.  Abraham has inherited the earth.  His descendants shall be as the number stars in the heaven.

It seems you also left out parts of Revelation 21 that are important, as in Revelation 21:1

Now I saw a
new
heaven
and a
new
earth, for the first
heaven
and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

We have no idea as to what this new heaven and new earth will actually be like, but there is on thing for sure, it will not be like the old for it was destroyed.  If the heaven and earth is recreated, where will those who are His be during the process?  Sure won't be on this earth ...

By the way, do you use this username often?

You are looking at the future through the eyes of the past.  Abraham has inherited the earth.  His descendants shall be as the number stars in the heaven.

It seems you also left out parts of Revelation 21 that are important, as in Revelation 21:1

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

We have no idea as to what this new heaven and new earth will actually be like, but there is on thing for sure, it will not be like the old for it was destroyed.  If the heaven and earth is recreated, where will those who are His be during the process?  Sure won't be on this earth ...

God never gave Abraham his inheritance.

But He gave him no inheritance in it, not even a foot of ground, and yet, even when he had no child, He promised that He would give it to him as a possession, and to his descendants after him.Acts 7:5

That's NT testimony that Abraham never received the inheritance.

Your Bible quote of Rev 2:1 is future...

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

New Jerusalem has not come down from Heaven has it?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Onelight also asked you a question. 

Would you like to answer him ? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Rev. 7:9-17 shows saints in heaven that had been beheaded for their testamony.

John 14:2-3 promise of Jesus that He is preparing a place for us with the Father "that where I am, there you may be also".

1 Cor. 15:40-52 concerning our new spiritual, heavenly bodies

2 Cor:5:1 , 8 concerning our eternal home in the heavens

Ph. 1:23 better to be with Christ (in heaven)

Col. 3:4 When Christ Who is our life shall appear, then we shall appear with Him in Glory.

I also believe that when Christ returns to rule and reign in Israel, that we shall be with Him. --For thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thess 4:17, 5:9-10 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

But He gave him no inheritance in it, not even a foot of ground, and yet, even when he had no child, He promised that He would give it to him as a possession, and to his descendants after him.Acts 7:5

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

Lets look at that "stars" prophecy that you mentioned.

I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed;Genesis 26:4

God promised Abraham that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars.

But this prophecy is not in the future because Moses said that it had been fulflled.

The Lord your God has multiplied you, and behold, you are this day like the stars of heaven in number.Deuteronomy 1:10

Onelight also asked you a question. 

Would you like to answer him ? 

Yes I have....Ive used it about 20 times on this forum.

And it was my email address for years until I changed it.

And I use it on other forums also.

Do you like it. Do you think it's slick?

Rev. 7:9-17 shows saints in heaven that had been beheaded for their testamony.

John 14:2-3 promise of Jesus that He is preparing a place for us with the Father "that where I am, there you may be also".

1 Cor. 15:40-52 concerning our new spiritual, heavenly bodies

2 Cor:5:1 , 8 concerning our eternal home in the heavens

Ph. 1:23 better to be with Christ (in heaven)

Col. 3:4 When Christ Who is our life shall appear, then we shall appear with Him in Glory.

I also believe that when Christ returns to rule and reign in Israel, that we shall be with Him. --For thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thess 4:17, 5:9-10 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

Are you trying to say your scriptures contradict the ones in my post #1 ?

Rev. 7:9-17 shows saints in heaven that had been beheaded for their testamony.  you might want to check this scripture reference.

John 14:2-3 promise of Jesus that He is preparing a place for us with the Father "that where I am, there you may be also". Don't you expect Jesus to return to earth?

1 Cor. 15:40-52 concerning our new spiritual, heavenly bodies   Is a heavenly body in heaven or does it describe a qality of the body?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

To Abraham, it was the future. His inheritance was fulfilled through his descendants, so God did fulfill His promise.

Tell me, do you believe in God, the scriptures and are you a Christian?

Abraham, The Father Of The Faithful

Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham. Galatians 3:7

~

Abraham is the father of the righteous.

“For this reason it is by faith, that it might be in accordance with grace, in order that the promise may be certain to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all.” Romans 4:16

:thumbsup:

Faith~!

Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Galatians 3:6

~

The Scriptures very plainly say that the righteous will inherit the earth; so why does everyone talk about going to heaven? Where in the Bible does it say the righteous will go to heaven?

“Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling,” (Hebrews 3:1)

those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,” (Hebrews 6:4), “be assured that a place has been prepared for you,” (John 14:2)

“the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,” (Revelation 21:2)

“and the kingdom of the world will become the kingdom of our LORD, and of His Messiah; and He will reign forever and ever,” (Revelation 11:15)

:thumbsup:

Only By Christ's Righteousness 

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:21

Only By Faith

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

In Him

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:21

Will

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:21-23

A Fellow

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; Romans 3:24-25

See Heaven

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:26-28

You

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store,

reserved unto fire against the day of judgment

and perdition of ungodly men. 2 Peter 3:7

See

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth:

for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. Revelation 21:1

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself;

that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3

Love, Your Brother Joe