B3L13v3R

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

If you live in the U.S. Please consider voting today as we just have. Thanks, your vote matters! :)

From the CP article, underlining emphasis mine:

“Republicans are poised to pick up seats and could win control of the United States Senate on Tuesday in midterm elections heavily influenced by deep voter dissatisfaction with U.S. President Barack Obama's job performance.

“From abortion to racial justice, Christians prompted by churches and a host of faith-based advocacy organizations to exercise their right to vote and help shape America's culture and future, are expected to flood the polls in the name of Jesus and a long list of other causes Tuesday.”

“We wanted to encourage our people to register to vote and to vote. We believe that voting is a Christian responsibility in the government that we live in. We are the government.”

As Christians, we have an obligation to be involved in our culture and voting is an extension of our values. If we believe in the sanctity of life we can't appoint an agent that opposes the values that we believe. … Silence is not an option, voting is a responsibility we want to make"

“We encourage people to vote their biblical values. We don't tell them who to vote for. We encourage them to match their biblical values with the candidate's position. For tomorrow (Tuesday) we are looking forward to a good voter turnout. I think our constituents really believe that America is on a lost track and in dire straits," said Staver...”

Many Christians have been duped into accepting a false idea: that there is a "neutral" position they can take in regard to social issues. Some Christians even accept the myth that the U.S. Constitution declares that there should be a separation of church and state, and, thus, they don't want their Christian beliefs to influence politics. ”

~Ken Ham

i hope the article is right and christians do flood the polls. my husband and i voted a few days ago.

interesting, in a fb discussion started by a former member here, one of their acquaintances insisted that the bible prohibits christians from voting. i asked him to provide scripture to back up his statement, and he responded with scriptures (certainly taken out of context) but i didn't have the mental energy to counter his accusations. just curious how anyone here might respond to such claims.

Scripture states that the leaders are chosen by GOD, and that we are to honor their positions. Christians voting is an act of instituting and communicating GOD'S desires and will. Even when those opposed to GOD's will and desires are elected, we as Christians have voiced GOD's interests - if we vote our Christian values and not our own self-interests.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

My view is if you don't vote you have no right to complain about who's in office, good bad or otherwise. Sure many do and its not against the law, nor should it be but if I know someone hasn't voted and then starts railing on about how bad our government is, Its pretty much a garentee I will ignore everything they have to say.

Saying there's no difference between the major parties isn't an excuse either. Its a true statement in many cases my current governor is liberal in everything but party affiliation. There's third party's, and I actually found myself voting independent for the first time this year. I realize that right now they don't stand a chance-but think of this, what if every single person who "refused" to vote voted independent-I think wed be surprised at the results.