justfaith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

1 Thessalonians 4:14-17King James Version (KJV)

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

no

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings justfaith

Jesus is the second person of the GodHead Triune,,,,,,,,Father,Son(Jesus) & Holy Spirit are ONE.......an archangel is an angel of God,lower than Him,created by Him and are not Him...................                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus is a sense wears many hats.

He is God the Word equal to God the Father and God the Holy Spirit, and he is the Angel of the Lord. When you read Genesis 22 you will see it is the Angel himself that put Abraham to the test. "Now I know..."

This does not change the nature of who Jesus (God the Word) is, but only gives an example of the office he was in at the time. For that occasion he was the messenger of the Lord (messenger is what the word angel actually means and bears no reflection on the nature of the messenger... though the term did become conducive to cherubs and seraphs who are spirit beings that were typically messengers of God even in biblical times). 

Hebrews 3:1 calls Jesus the Apostle of our faith.

He is God and man and yet fully both.

So, one term does not cancel out the other or undeify Jesus in the least.

Guest shiloh357

He is God the Word equal to God the Father and God the Holy Spirit, and he is the Angel of the Lord. When you read Genesis 22 you will see it is the Angel himself that put Abraham to the test. "Now I know..."

This does not change the nature of who Jesus (God the Word) is, but only gives an example of the office he was in at the time. For that occasion he was the messenger of the Lord (messenger is what the word angel actually means and bears no reflection on the nature of the messenger... though the term did become conducive to cherubs and seraphs (who are spirit beings that were typically messengers of God) even in biblical times. 

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Jesus was at any time, the Angel of the Lord.  YOu are making claims not made by the Bible.  Just more false teaching... 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Jesus was at any time, the Angel of the Lord.  YOu are making claims not made by the Bible.  Just more false teaching... 

There are references to the Angel of the Lord in the OT, which are believed to be referring to the Messiah.

The Hebrew word translated as angel, malak, may also be translated as messenger. There are beings, messengers, angels. And Jesus is God, not the being, angel. But, Jesus as Messiah and Prophet, is a messenger.

For example:

Exodus 22:8And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

The angel of the Lord said the Abraham feared God since he did not withhold his only son from 'me'. Who is the 'Me'? Did Abraham not withhold his son from an angel? Since the command to sacrifice his son is from God, it is to God that Abraham did not withhold from.      

Guest Teditis

This does not change the nature of who Jesus (God the Word) is, but only gives an example of the office he was in at the time. For that occasion he was the messenger of the Lord (messenger is what the word angel actually means and bears no reflection on the nature of the messenger... though the term did become conducive to cherubs and seraphs (who are spirit beings that were typically messengers of God) even in biblical times. 

Those are some interesting points... thanks for pointing that out.

And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him:

for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son,

thine only son from me. Genesis 22:10-12

~

Jesus is....

....the Angel of the Lord....

When you read Genesis 22 you will see it is the Angel himself that put Abraham to the test....

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Jesus was at any time, the Angel of the Lord.... 

~

Beloved, Is This Jesus

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. 

And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.

Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? Exodus 3:2-11

Or This

And the angel of the LORD said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude. Genesis 16:10

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Archangel is a specific title that means more than just messenger (angel). Jesus can act as a messenger of God but archangel is used of Michael and Gabriel specificly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

Archangel is a specific title that means more than just messenger (angel). Jesus can act as a messenger of God but archangel is used of Michael and Gabriel specificly.

I looked up archangel and found the following definition using blue letter bible.

Part of Speech
masculine noun
Root Word (Etymology)
Dictionary Aids

Vine's Expository Dictionary: View Entry

TDNT Reference: 1:87,12

Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. archangel, or chief of the angels

Angel in Hebrew means messenger. So by extension, and archangel would be the chief of messengers. Could that term be used for Jesus?