• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

When you consider what is said in other parts of the Holy Scriptures about Jesus and the things he is going to do, it seem that Jesus is The Archangel. Archangel means the Top angel. That would surely be Jesus.

The Bible tells us that Jesus is the one who judges with an iron rod, and that it is Jesus who God gives the power to resurrect all the ones in the tombs, John 5:25-29, and then 1Thess 4:16,17,tells us that the one who resurrects has The Archangel's voice, it seems that Jesus would certainly be Michael, probably Jesus's heavenly name.

Also consider exactly what is being spoken about at Rev 12:1-6. The woman is God's woman who produces the King of God's Kingdom, who is Jesus. These verses are telling about the birth of that Kingdom. Rev 6:2 , tells us about the one riding on the white horse, Jesus, receives a crown, and immediately after that is the rider on the red horse, WAR. This is what also happens directly after the birth of the kingdom at Rev 12:7-12. Here Michael is again doing what the Bible says that Jesus will do, Heb 2:9-14, 1John 3:8.

The Archangel is also mentioned at Jude 9, disputing with the Devil, who else could be disputing with the Devil??

One other place that Michael is doing something that the lord Jesus is assign to do, is at Dan 12:1,2, Isa 11:1-5, Matt 25:31-46, 2Thes 1:6-9, Rev 2:26,27, 19:11-21.

Some think that it is belittling Jesus to call him an angel, but that is not true, for Jesus is also called an Apostle, which is a name usually reserved for men, Heb 3:1.

It must be that Jesus' heavenly name was, and maybe is again, Michael.

Michael is a created being......   Jesus is not.....    so they can't be the same.     angels are created beings and Jesus is not....   so he can't be an angel.

How do you understand this from the book of hebrews?

Hebrews 10

5 Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, "Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body have you prepared for me;

Did God not created a body within a virgin to be born as the Messiah?

Philippians 2

5Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,6who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

I don't believe Messiah was an angel.  And I understand he existed before the world began.  But did his body?  Was not his body created like us, in human form?  Though his Spirit was before creation, the Holy one. 

Luke 4

18"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me ......

Shimshon,

Many times people do not know who is being talked about, because most copiers of the scriptures use the same word, lord, for both Jesus and God. At Luke 4:18 Jesus was saying that the Lord GOD anointed him.

It is very hard to explain anything to a person who does not believe what the Bible says.

What exactly do you think it means to the the Firstborn. It means you are the first born to an individual, and in the case the First of God' creations, exactly as the Bible says at Col. 1:15, and Rev 3:14, the beginning of God's creation. You either believe the word of God or you do not, but the Bible says to trust in God with all your heart, Prov 3:5,6, do no believe what men say to you, if it disagrees with the Bible, Jere 17:5, Ps 146:3,4.

At 1Thes 4:15 Jesus is the lord mentioned there, and then in verse 16, he has the voice of The Archangel, why then do you believe Jesus is not the Archangel??

When Jesus was in heaven he had a spiritual body the same a God has, that is why Jesus is said to have been in the form of God, Jesus was in a spiritual form. The Bible tells us that Jesus was made lower than the Angels when he came to earth, Heb 2:9. Then we are told that Jesus was exalted by God for what he did for us, taking the form of a man, and giving his life, Phil 2:6-11. Jesus could not be exalted if he still had a human body, and the scriptures tells that when he died he was put to death in the flesh and made alive in the spirit. Jesus was exalted to a higher position than he was before, to the glory of God the Father, Phil 2:11.

Jesus could not be exalted if he still had a human body,

and the scriptures tells that when he died he was put to death in the flesh and made alive in the spirit.

Jesus was exalted to a higher position than he was before,

to the glory of God the Father, Philippians 2:11.

~

and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:11 (NIV)

:thumbsup:

Once The Son Of God

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5

Always

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

The Son Of God

But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 1 John 2:20-26

Once The Son Of Man

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. Daniel 7:13-14

Always The Son Of Men

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God:

because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:

and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come;

and even now already is it in the world. 1 John 4:1-3

~

Still Doubting?

But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:24-28

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Hello,

When you consider what is said in other parts of the Holy Scriptures about Jesus and the things he is going to do, it seem that Jesus is The Archangel. Archangel means the Top angel. That would surely be Jesus.

The Bible tells us that Jesus is the one who judges with an iron rod, and that it is Jesus who God gives the power to resurrect all the ones in the tombs, John 5:25-29, and then 1Thess 4:16,17,tells us that the one who resurrects has The Archangel's voice, it seems that Jesus would certainly be Michael, probably Jesus's heavenly name.

Also consider exactly what is being spoken about at Rev 12:1-6. The woman is God's woman who produces the King of God's Kingdom, who is Jesus. These verses are telling about the birth of that Kingdom. Rev 6:2 , tells us about the one riding on the white horse, Jesus, receives a crown, and immediately after that is the rider on the red horse, WAR. This is what also happens directly after the birth of the kingdom at Rev 12:7-12. Here Michael is again doing what the Bible says that Jesus will do, Heb 2:9-14, 1John 3:8.

The Archangel is also mentioned at Jude 9, disputing with the Devil, who else could be disputing with the Devil??

One other place that Michael is doing something that the lord Jesus is assign to do, is at Dan 12:1,2, Isa 11:1-5, Matt 25:31-46, 2Thes 1:6-9, Rev 2:26,27, 19:11-21.

Some think that it is belittling Jesus to call him an angel, but that is not true, for Jesus is also called an Apostle, which is a name usually reserved for men, Heb 3:1.

Michael is a created being......   Jesus is not.....    so they can't be the same.     angels are created beings and Jesus is not....   so he can't be an angel.

Hebrews 10

5 Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, "Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body have you prepared for me;

Philippians 2

5Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,6who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

I don't believe Messiah was an angel.  And I understand he existed before the world began.  But did his body?  Was not his body created like us, in human form?  Though his Spirit was before creation, the Holy one. 

Luke 4

Shimshon,

Many times people do not know who is being talked about, because most copiers of the scriptures use the same word, lord, for both Jesus and God. At Luke 4:18 Jesus was saying that the Lord GOD anointed him.

It is very hard to explain anything to a person who does not believe what the Bible says.

What exactly do you think it means to the the Firstborn. It means you are the first born to an individual, and in the case the First of God' creations, exactly as the Bible says at Col. 1:15, and Rev 3:14, the beginning of God's creation. You either believe the word of God or you do not, but the Bible says to trust in God with all your heart, Prov 3:5,6, do no believe what men say to you, if it disagrees with the Bible, Jere 17:5, Ps 146:3,4.

At 1Thes 4:15 Jesus is the lord mentioned there, and then in verse 16, he has the voice of The Archangel, why then do you believe Jesus is not the Archangel??

When Jesus was in heaven he had a spiritual body the same a God has, that is why Jesus is said to have been in the form of God, Jesus was in a spiritual form. The Bible tells us that Jesus was made lower than the Angels when he came to earth, Heb 2:9. Then we are told that Jesus was exalted by God for what he did for us, taking the form of a man, and giving his life, Phil 2:6-11. Jesus could not be exalted if he still had a human body, and the scriptures tells that when he died he was put to death in the flesh and made alive in the spirit. Jesus was exalted to a higher position than he was before, to the glory of God the Father, Phil 2:11.

Jesus asked for the Father to restore him to the Glory he had before he was flesh and that is what happened....

What you are saying here boils down to Jesus being a created entity and I disagree with that.

Jesus is actually Yahweh of the old testament.

• Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hello,

Hebrews 10

Philippians 2

Luke 4

Shimshon,

Jesus asked for the Father to restore him to the Glory he had before he was flesh and that is what happened....

What you are saying here boils down to Jesus being a created entity and I disagree with that.

Jesus is actually Yahweh of the old testament.

Shimshon,

I have around 40 different Bibles and all say the same thing, the Jesus was the beginning of God's creations. Why is it you have decided not to believe the written word of God?? Do nt be like the Jews recorded at Rom 10:1-3, where they were trying to establish there own righteousness instead of listening to the word of God. The written word of God is to help people understand what God wants for all His people. No one can hope to gain salvation if they deny the Bible, because God's Holy Spirit carried the writers along as they wrote, making sure that what was written was accurate, 2Tim 3:16,17, 2Pet 1:20,21.

As Jesus being the same person as Yahweh, please read what is recorded at Dan 6:13,14, where God, Yahweh, was sitting on His throne and Jesus was brought in before Him, to receive kingly power, as King of God's Kingdom. Please explain to me how a person is sitting on a throne and he, himself is brought in before himself. This same thing is also recorded at Rev 5:2-7, here Jesus, athe Lamb of God come in before God sitting on His throne and takes a book from the hand of God.

If you have access to a Bible that has God's name in it, as His name was in the Origialn Autographs, you will see at Ps 110:1 that, as written by David, God said to my lord, Jesus for him to sit at God's right hand until He puts all his enemies as his footstool. As you can see by these verses, God was giving instructions to Jesus.

By the way, God's name was symbolized by The Tetragrammaton, YHWH, or JHVH. This name may have been pronounced Yahweh in Hebrew, but the name is most often translated, in English, as Jehovah. The name Jehovah was put on many coins in the past, for several hundred years. This name was also on the fronts of many houses, especially in Germany and surrounding nations, whose people were Christians long before The United States was born.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Proverbs 30:4King James Version (KJV)

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

NT:746

arche (ar-khay'); from NT:756; (properly abstract) a commencement, or (concretely) chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank):

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

that word beginning is not that he was the first thing that God created, it used concretely meaning he was chief in the order and time of the creation........    he was there with the Father doing the actual hands on creating.......

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Jesus was at any time, the Angel of the Lord.  YOu are making claims not made by the Bible.  Just more false teaching... 

There are references to the Angel of the Lord in the OT, which are believed to be referring to the Messiah.

The Hebrew word translated as angel, malak, may also be translated as messenger. There are beings, messengers, angels. And Jesus is God, not the being, angel. But, Jesus as Messiah and Prophet, is a messenger.

For example:

Exodus 22:8And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

The angel of the Lord said the Abraham feared God since he did not withhold his only son from 'me'. Who is the 'Me'? Did Abraham not withhold his son from an angel? Since the command to sacrifice his son is from God, it is to God that Abraham did not withhold from.      

Sorry   but Jesus is not an angel.  He is the God that came to us in human form to save us from our sins.  He is as someone already said was fully  man and fully God.  God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

Edited by Shimshon

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

No. Michael, the Archangel, is Adam.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

No. Michael, the Archangel, is Adam.

No, he isn't.  Angels are not human and Adam was human.