• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

When Jesus said.

Jhn 14:13 “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

He did not intend that you should always end your public prayers with, "These things we ask in Jesus name"

Because in Hebrew, the expression, "In my name", means "Who I am, and what I stand for".

What Jesus was really saying is, "When you pray, you must always do so havening in mind, just who I am, and what I stand for.

Bless you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

Thank you edwin, this has really blessed my soul.

Not just that. I believe that if you ask the Heavenly Father for anything - as long as it is in His plan - in Jesus' name, that it will be granted to you. You are a child of GOD, and as such, the Father will give to you whatever you ask for, in the name of His Son.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Jesus gave us the priviledge of praying in His name and by His authority. We can come before the throne of grace boldly because of the covering and righteousness bought by His blood. We have no right or authority to even be heard by God in our own sinful state. But Jesus has given us His righteousness and His name to allow us an audience with our Father. Furthermore, we are sealed with His Spirit, marked as one of His own, and adopted into His family. Yet Jesus said that we can use the Name of the One Who is beloved of the Father to petition Him. What a priviledge!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brothers & Sisters,,,,,

Remember the song"There is something about the Name of Jesus".......Praise the Lord!     Ahhh,all very good responses,,,,,and as Willa explained,we have Authority in His Name,,,,so besides everything else (all good & true),,,,,,,we should remember that the enemy is crouching like a hungry lion in the shadows,,,,it is good to declare WHOs Authority we have & our Position of Victory!!!

A very funny Christian once told me (as I am Italian),,,,that when the mafia little guys want to pull rank they need only mention the name of the godfather   "Do you know who I know?"...lol      We KNOW THE Father GOD,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats Who we know!!!!!in JESUS NAME!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

- I was thinking pretty much the same thing about this the other day too.