dan spong

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

OK well last night i was reading the KJV bible and was filling upset because i now i believe in god but just don't know what church to attend so i decided to say a prayer but not a normall one.

basicy i said "look, i dont know how to address you and i dont know which church is your true church that you set up, i need help, help me to understand you and what you want, just tell me what you want"

this was the first time that iv said a prayer and felt like i ment it.

anyway after about an hour i fell asleep and had a funny dream. i walked into a old style church, a large open one with seats, i sat in the middle and tryed to talk to god i found myself repenting of my sins and telling him how hard it was when my parents died.

anyway when i finished their was a priest sitting behind me and another larger woman and they got up hugged me and said "we will get through it because we are faimly"

i woke up and havent been able to get it out of my mind.

any ideas on the meaning??????  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Who knows? It could be you just thinking about it in your sleep. I wouldn't know for certain if it has any meaning. Look for a church and if you find one that fits the description in your dream maybe that could be the one for you.

Then again, it could be a red herring.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

OK well last night i was reading the KJV bible and was filling upset because i now i believe in god but just don't know what church to attend so i decided to say a prayer but not a normall one.

basicy i said "look, i dont know how to address you and i dont know which church is your true church that you set up, i need help, help me to understand you and what you want, just tell me what you want"

this was the first time that iv said a prayer and felt like i ment it.

anyway after about an hour i fell asleep and had a funny dream. i walked into a old style church, a large open one with seats, i sat in the middle and tryed to talk to god i found myself repenting of my sins and telling him how hard it was when my parents died.

anyway when i finished their was a priest sitting behind me and another larger woman and they got up hugged me and said "we will get through it because we are faimly"

i woke up and havent been able to get it out of my mind.

any ideas on the meaning??????  

Look for an older church with loving people and you will find the Holy Spirit among them......    If you lived in Shawnee Oklahoma, that would be the First Nazarene Church.  

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The bible always speaks of us being reconciled to God. Restoring the lost relationship between us and him. He wants you to come to him and he wants you to know him on a personal level. But the way to knowing him and the way to heaven is through believing what he has said about his son (Jesus). That when he came down from heaven, he died in your place, paying your penalty and he rose from the dead and went back up to heaven. Jesus' purpose and mission was to die on the cross, to wash away your sins. Prayer is not a specially worded formula. It is simply talking to God from your heart in the same way you would talk to me if I were standing next to you.

Romans 10 : 9 - 10

that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.…

We get right with God when we confess our sins to him and believe that Jesus will cleanse of all unrighteousness. Faith and trusting Jesus as Lord and savior is what makes us Christians. We then go on to learn more and more about him and what he wants for us, by reading his word (bible) daily and through daily prayer. A Church is a place where we gather with other Christians for fellowship with one another, and learning more about God's word and who he is.

I recommend that you read the Book of John in the bible to help you understand it all, and then read it again a second time. Each time you read it earnestly, you will see and grasp more and more of what God is saying to you. After reading John, read the book of acts.

If you are not sure of what you have prayed to be saved, I have provided a sample for you to use .

God, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I deserve the consequences of my sin. However, I am trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior. I believe that His death and resurrection provided for my forgiveness. I trust in Jesus and Jesus alone as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you Lord, for saving me and forgiving me! Amen!"

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

Jesus is our high priest.... and He has your back

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings dan spong

Welcome to Worthy..............Praise & Glory to God,He is drawing you unto Himself......I don't know about your dream but it is pretty clear to me that Our Lord is working on your heart....& when the Holy Spirit begins a work in your heart ,you cannot put it out of your mind.not even as your body sleeps,,,,,your spirit is awake & busy-lol..... I would not give too much thought about your dream but I would certainly begin going to church..........

I myself had a dream(or a vision,I do not know) a ways back,looking for the "right" house of Prayer & Worship..............I will share with you what came to me,what I received in hopes that it will encourage you & set your mind at ease,as it did me(please remember that I am telling you what I dreamed,I am not saying "thus said the Lord"...okay?)

I saw Jesus & He smiled & said"They are ALL my churches and I require no membership,that is mans rules & tradition....my children are welcome in & out of ALL MY Houses of Praise & Worship"      There was more to the dream as I was perplexed & praying (moments before this dream or vision)about being a member of one church & wanting to serve at different things in 2 others......................I understood (in this dream)that our Lord was impressing on me that He abides in us & we bring with us His Holy Spirit wherever we go to gather with others in His Name,

My friend,go to a local Christian church (or as other one suggested)go with the sole intentions of hearing God Word,Praising & Worshipping Him.take all that is good & wonderful & leave the rest,if you do not receive what you need to grow in your faith,try another...............my suggestion is a non-denominational Christian Church without all the fan-fare ,just remember that God goes with you,He is in you,,,you needn't go anywhere to find Him................keeping that in mind will always bring a positive,edifying ,encouraging & uplifting addition to the benefits of fellowship & corporate praise & worship,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Faith comes by hearing the Word of God,you begin each day at home,reading Gods Word & seeking an earnest & intimate ,personal relationship with Him.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Who knows? It could be you just thinking about it in your sleep. I wouldn't know for certain if it has any meaning. Look for a church and if you find one that fits the description in your dream maybe that could be the one for you.

Then again, it could be a red herring.

The red herring is "which church is your true church that you set up".

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thankyou all for your reply's they have helped me a great deal. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Jesus is our high priest.... and He has your back

Amen, Mswright.  I was kinda thinking along this line that the priest, was Jesus the High Priest, and the women was the church who is the bride of Christ.  IMO, Hamelcat what you were dreaming of, in your repenting was coming to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, the Priest was Christ the High Priest, and the woman was the Church.  When one accept Christ as Savior you are adopted into the Family of God.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The best churches are the ones that teach the Bible for a sermon and help you to understand how to apply it to your life. If the church doesn't believe that the Bible IS God's word, it is not a good one to attend. Be sure that they only base their beliefs on the Bible and not on traditions or other books that they think are sacred. Cults add other books like the book of Mormon. Some churches say the Bible only contains God's word but not all of it is inspired by God. Stay away from those. Find a Bible centered church.

There are many good churches in many denominations and non denominations. But find one that makes you feel welcome.

Finding a church is not nearly as importand as finding Jesus as your Savior. As stated, pray and talk to God every day and read your Bible every day, starting in the Gospel of John.

Blessings,

Willa