justfaith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Since God withhold forgiveness should we also withhold forgiveness ? Why or Why Not

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Since God withhold forgiveness should we also withhold forgiveness ? Why or Why Not

Why don't you give us your opinion on the subject and open it for discussion that way?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

God will have Mercy on who He Will have Mercy on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we are not God                   

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you                                                                                                         Matthew 6:14

So what is your take on the subject ,as Fez asked.......                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Since God withhold forgiveness....

should we also withhold forgiveness....

:thumbsup:

Since God Will Forgive Whosoever Will

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Just Who Do We Think We Are.... NOT To Forgive

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

And We Really Can Not Forgive... Until

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

We First Know

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1 John 4:8

Love

Looking unto Jesus

the author and finisher of our faith;

who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,

despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Why don't you give us your opinion on the subject and open it for discussion that way?

Please answer Fez's question. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

No, because God never withholds forgiveness, unless we first don't forgive others.  As Kwik-Philly noted God forgive us if we forgive others; but if you don't want God's forgiveness, just hold a grudge against someone.  But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will the Father forgive you trespasses.  Matthew 6:15 

God never withholds forgiveness, but we as believers have a tendency to block His forgiveness with our petty angry against others.  I know many will say you don't know the evil this person has done to me, and you are right, but if you are like me, it doesn't matter.  Remember we as Christians have been given the Holy Spirit that make us (our body) the Temple of the Holy Ghost see      I Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20, this is such a great honor no words can express our gratitude, yet myself and I dare say many if not all believers have a bad habit of dishonoring that Temple in so many ways, how after all my failures can God still love and care for me, yet He does, and all i am asked is to forgive others, as much as I've missed up, this with the help of the Holy Spirit is no problem, but we need the Holy Spirit to help us forgive.

No, because God never withholds forgiveness, unless we first don't forgive others.  As Kwik-Philly noted God forgive us if we forgive others; but if you don't want God's forgiveness, just hold a grudge against someone.  But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will the Father forgive you trespasses.  Matthew 6:15 

God never withholds forgiveness, but we as believers have a tendency to block His forgiveness with our petty angry against others.  I know many will say you don't know the evil this person has done to me, and you are right, but if you are like me, it doesn't matter.  Remember we as Christians have been given the Holy Spirit that make us (our body) the Temple of the Holy Ghost see      I Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20, this is such a great honor no words can express our gratitude, yet myself and I dare say many if not all believers have a bad habit of dishonoring that Temple in so many ways, how after all my failures can God still love and care for me, yet He does, and all i am asked is to forgive others, as much as I've missed up, this with the help of the Holy Spirit is no problem, but we need the Holy Spirit to help us forgive.

Did paul forgive Ananias and Sapphira 

who have you not forgiven as yet and why ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Did paul forgive Ananias and Sapphira 

What difference does it make if Paul forgave them or not?  They did not seek forgiveness, since they planed on lying to them about the money they kept.  The point about them is, they lies to the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Forgiveness in a Christians life is not an option.  It says if we want to be forgiven we must first forgive.  It's never easy but as I have said before, Your forgiveness may not change the person that you are forgiving but it will change you.