Summer

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Is there such a thing as edgy christians? Sounds like christians on the edge. I love the Lord my God. I want a deeper relationship with Jesus. I was very committed to my church but moved quite a distance away but still managed to commit myself going very often and regularly throughout the week as well on the weekend. For quite a while though i unintentionally stopped going. I felt like i needed a break and felt extremely exhausted. I've had some thoughts of changing to a church nearer to me. Since i've had a break from the church i was used to i think a change could be naturally in order. It has felt a bit strange though, and really difficult actually. Members of the church i attended seem to really want me to go back and i feel pressured a lot into things , lately testifying. But my life is not clear cut and simple enough. Mentally what i've been through is hard. I have another pressing reason not to continue travelling to that church in that certain area because of personal problems that i had living there with a certain person. I have now moved on in life, in a different area , and i feel a new church is in order too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

If you mean short tempered, then yes they are.

If you mean "edgy christians" in the fictional inspirational books that are out there then that is a different subject.

I personally am not drawn to read a lot of fictional books.

The members of the congregration you mean? It's like they don't agree with any other place of church but their own. Forgive me if i'm wrong. The church has been great especially the new pastors but it makes it hard to move on. Yes, there is i suppose dodgy churches with dodgy pastors but i aim to seek out as good a church as the one i attended. It may not be exactly the same but so long as i see it is genuine. I do feel i need to make my life easier and go to church in my new area. We do move on . In the past i was reluctant to move away too far from the church i was going to and looking back now it feels like i was held back and restricted. I've mulled it over a little while, i think i need to do this.

Plus when i started off with 'edgy christians' i was on about myself but i guess it kind of went into my position with my church going. Since i'm not attending church right now i can feel a bit lost and without guidande and direction although i know i can ask God for that still. I'm sure God is with me still while i'm going through a certain transition in my life. I havn't forgotten Him. Things are tough and i should pray more maybe just talk to Him more. I don't know. Thankful for your thoughts.

I havn't read any books relating to edgy christians and fictional stuff by the way. I like truth not fiction.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

If while in prayer to the Lord over this matter of moving on as God does know the reasons that are in your heart for wanting to move on. If you feel peace in your heart over it then by all means move on the Lord will guide you as long as you stay sensitive to his direction. Don't let others judge you in your moving on. If you choose to stay put then you are going to have to tell them outright they are putting to much pressure on you and it is taking you to the point of exhaustion. It's better to let others know than to keep it on the inside and grow out of control. You don't need that pressure in your life because stress isn't good.

That really makes sense to me . Thank you so much. Even writing my thoughts on this forum and recieving feedback has clarified a lot for me. Thank you so much.

I haven't read any books relating to edgy Christians and fictional stuff by the way.

I like truth not fiction.

:thumbsup:

An Edgy

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:8-14

Christmas

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Mark 2:1-2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings summer

Moving from one place to another is difficult enough & then once it is done it is as though it never happened,we adjust.It is the same with church or anything that is new or unfamiliar but God is constant,never changing & He abides in us,,,,,,,no matter where you go try to remember that He goes WITH you,you bring more Light to wherever He sends you,,,,,,,it is all for growth,for our good & to give Him the Glory.                                                                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

I'd like to think God is more understanding than most Christians give Him credit for. Sadly, it is often those who call themselves by His Name ( the body of Christ) that can be too critical.

If I am understanding your post correctly and it is a 'church challenge', as I've nicknamed them...please feel no guilt on this situation. If you feel uncomfortable doing something in your spirit, such as partaking in a certain church...He knows your personal and very real reasons for that. And that is all that matters in the end... Scripture says that He knows our needs even before we ask. I hope that this is of some encouragement to you, summer.  :1: