shodan

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Kelvin Cochran published a Bible study book on Christian ethics and dared to call sodomy a sin.  And now the hate crowd is trying to dis his book with one star reviews on amazon: 

http://tinyurl.com/mdvcl5u

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

If you look at the reviews, he's getting plenty of positive ones too. It's a shame however that none of the views are reviews of the book itself. Is it any good? Is it well-written? Is it an easy read? These are questions that I would like answered, instead it's just a tit-for-tat battle between his supporters and the haters.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I read nothing about this writer being a Fire Chief or being fired. DO you have a link for that story?

Never mind, easy to find ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/11/26/atlanta-fire-chief-suspended-after-distributing-his-religious-book-to-employees/

From the article linked above: "In the future, Cochran will be prohibited from distributing the book on city property; he will also be required to undergo sensitivity training.

"At least one local LGBT group has asked for Cochran’s permanent removal from the force."

"Cochran first served as Atlanta’s fire chief in 2008. The next year, President Obama appointed him as the U.S. fire administrator for the United States Fire Administration. He returned to Atlanta, and his old job as the fire chief, in 2010."

Better article Here: https://www.redstate.com/2014/11/25/atlantas-fire-chief-suspended-for-publicly-professing-christian-beliefs/

Yes, I don't notice any real reviews on amazon. I ordered the book and will review it.  All the one-star comments are actually hate mongering and personal attacks.  Hope Christians  will give him some aid.  If you click on a review, it gives you an option to report it as "inappropriate" and if enough people do that they will delete such a post. It asks for a reason and I put 'NOT a review but a personal attack.'  ...."hate mongering"  ...etc. http://tinyurl.com/mdvcl5u

Edited by shodan

Advent is a Season of Light in the Darkness. Do you want to be a faithful witness in these days? Get this man's book (linked above) or another like it and start a Bible study in your church or home. Invite your neighbors. Be salt in this world.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Sensitivity training = Believe the way we tell you to, or else! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Sensitivity training = Believe the way we tell you to, or else! 

I've been through many sensitivity classes pertaining to race, sex and sexual preferences.......   none of them asked me to change my beliefs,,,,,   but how to interface with those who disagree with you.   When you work for a place like Xerox, you interface with thousands of people each year and it is very easy to offend people you don't even know you've offended so we go to great lengths to make sure how we express ourselves.

I do take liberties in places like this and facebook since I retired.....    I could have lost my job from some of my facebook posts on Islam in the past 4 years, even though they were all true.    I do get occasional death threats though.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Distributing a book by a Fire Chief -- considering the subject --  he probably should have made it available Outside of the work place.  He should have known it would cause problems and maybe used other means of sharing his beliefs.  And, yes, we Do need to be taking a positive stand for Biblical morality -- but we Also need to consider the various means available.  Written words have to be Read -- verbal conversation might be more effective. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Kelvin Cochran published a Bible study book on Christian ethics and dared to call sodomy a sin.  And now the hate crowd is trying to dis his book with one star reviews on amazon: 

http://tinyurl.com/mdvcl5u

Suspended for calling sodomy a sin?  What?  His job sure hates faith.  

I Bought The Book

Whoever speaks the truth gives honest evidence, but a false witness utters deceit. Proverbs 12:17 (ESV)

Come To Think Of It,

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 1 Corinthians 15:20

Jesus Is The Real Fire Chief

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:21-22