silviawang

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Several days ago I watched a documentary about a group of Copts who specialized in garbage collection in Cairo,they really live a very miserable life, and when I knew that they are the Christians from the Apostolic Age,and their history be the Christian is as long as the Europe,or even longer, I was really been shocked

Bcs in BIBLE,GOD said:

Exodus 20:5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,6but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation* of those who love me and keep my commandments.

So I tried to find more information about them, then I found that in Islamic Egypt the whole nation of Copts were and are under the persecution generation after generation

And here is the Copts in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copts

and also ,here are the links of the “garbage collector”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabbaleen#Cave_church

http://www.copts.com/english/?p=1252

so ,my question is:

why GOD did and does not take care of them ,and blesses them bcs of their faith ,just as he promised in BIBLE?scine there are the very early nation who converted to Christian faith.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Unlike what many TV evangelist state that God wants us all to prosper, that is not what the Bible teaches we see that most believers are not rich, but poor, see James 2:5-7.   That as believers we are all called to suffer persecution, II Timothy 3:12.  IMO this is true biblical Christianity, not the name it claim it nospel preached by many TV evangelist; I Timothy 6:10

12)   Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you.

13)   But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His Glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

I Peter 4:12-13

But yes the Coptic Christians have been around for awhile if memory serves me right they are also in Ethiopia, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria.   But those in Syria are migrating fast.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The Copts believe themselves to be the oldest continuous Church in the World. They claim that their Church was personally founded by the gospel writer Mark. Ever since the Muslim invasion of Egypt in the Seventh Century A.D they have intermittently been persecuted, sometimes severely and sometimes less so.

I don't know why God has allowed them to be persecuted so much, but the Bible does tell us that Christians should expect to be persecuted. As we speak, Christians are being persecuted today by ISIS in the Middle East and by Boko Haram in Nigeria, so this strife is not unique to the Copts.

A interesting Copt to check out is Zakaria Botros (you'll find his videos on YouTube). Al-Qaeda have placed a several-million dollar bounty on his head because he preaches the Gospel to Muslims and is responsible for thousands of Muslims converting to Christianity. At the moment he is in hiding in an unknown location (believed to be somewhere in the U.S.) but he still manages to appear on TV and broadcast his Christian message to the Muslim World.

13377675013685_full.jpg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

The Copts believe themselves to be the oldest continuous Church in the World. They claim that their Church was personally founded by the gospel writer Mark. Ever since the Muslim invasion of Egypt in the Seventh Century A.D they have intermittently been persecuted, sometimes severely and sometimes less so.

I don't know why God has allowed them to be persecuted so much, but the Bible does tell us that Christians should expect to be persecuted. As we speak, Christians are being persecuted today by ISIS in the Middle East and by Boko Haram in Nigeria, so this strife is not unique to the Copts.

A interesting Copt to check out is Zakaria Botros (you'll find his videos on YouTube). Al-Qaeda have placed a several-million dollar bounty on his head because he preaches the Gospel to Muslims and is responsible for thousands of Muslims converting to Christianity. At the moment he is in hiding in an unknown location (believed to be somewhere in the U.S.) but he still manages to appear on TV and broadcast his Christian message to the Muslim World.

13377675013685_full.jpg

He also provides useful information for debates with muslims, since he can point out many flaws in their doctrine based on Quran. The bounty placed on his head speaks for some level of success.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Yes, I do know the Copts.....      Jerry and Sadie.   They were my cousins next door neighbors when I was growing up....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Several days ago I watched a documentary about a group of Copts who specialized in garbage collection in Cairo,they really live a very miserable life, and when I knew that they are the Christians from the Apostolic Age,and their history be the Christian is as long as the Europe,or even longer, I was really been shocked

Bcs in BIBLE,GOD said:

Exodus 20:5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,6but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation* of those who love me and keep my commandments.

So I tried to find more information about them, then I found that in Islamic Egypt the whole nation of Copts were and are under the persecution generation after generation

And here is the Copts in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copts

and also ,here are the links of the “garbage collector”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabbaleen#Cave_church

http://www.copts.com/english/?p=1252

so ,my question is:

why GOD did and does not take care of them ,and blesses them bcs of their faith ,just as he promised in BIBLE?scine there are the very early nation who converted to Christian faith.

The Copts are one sect to be sure.  Also little known to American Christians are the Greek and Russian Orthodox and Nestorian Church.

it's just me, hollering from the choir loft... 

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!