• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Date setting in any form in regard to the End Times gives me the heebie-jeebies.   

Date setting in any form in regard to the End Times gives me the heebie-jeebies.   

:24: :24: :24:

Amen~!

But of that day and that hour knows no man,

no, not the angels who are in heaven,

neither the Son, but the Father.  Mark 13:32

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

This is the 70 weeks prophecy of Daniel.

Daniel 9:25.  Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Daniel 9:26.  And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Daniel 9:27.  And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

I have always wondered why verse 25 was broken into two parts, 7 weeks and 62 weeks, and not just 69 weeks.  I have always wondered why verse 26 says, 62 weeks, and not 69 weeks.

I read somewhere that Isaac Newton theorized that there would be a second restoration of Jerusalem just before the second coming of Christ.

I also saw a video on You-Tube that speculated that this second restoration may point to the year 1967, when Israel regained the city of Jerusalem.

From that video, I formed the following theory.

I believe there are two different timelines in the 70 weeks prophecy: there are two different prophecies; two different restorations of Jerusalem; and two different messiahs.  I also believe there will be a long gap in both of these prophecies (the Church Age).  I believe a week refers to a period of 7 years.

I will show the two timelines:

Decree to restore -- 69 weeks -- > Messiah --------- long gap (the Church Age) ------- > covenant confirmed

Jerusalem       (483 years)        comes                                                                    1 week (7 years)       

----------- 62 weeks --------- >Messiah ----- long gap ---- >  end time restoration -- > covenant confirmed

(434 years)              Cut off         (Church Age)     of Jerusalem for 7 weeks    1 week (7 years)

(49 years)   

Jesus fulfilled the first prophecy when He started His ministry, 7 weeks and 62 weeks (483 years) after the decree to restore Jerusalem.  There is one week left on that timeline; the 70th week of Daniel (the 7 year tribulation period).

Jesus fulfilled the second prophecy when he was crucified (cut off) after 62 weeks (there would still be 8 weeks to go on that timeline).

There may be a second restoration of Jerusalem for 7 weeks (49 years) until another Messiah comes.  That Messiah will be the false Messiah, the antichrist.  This may be why verse 25 breaks the time period into two parts (there may be two different prophecies of two restorations of Jerusalem and two different Messiahs).

If a second restoration of Jerusalem is prophesied, it may refer to 1967 when Israel regained the city.  The second restoration of Jerusalem would then be from 1967-2016.  The false Messiah (the antichrist) would then fulfill verse 27 and confirm the covenant in 2016 (49 years after the second restoration of Jerusalem).

< 434 years >     c. 30 AD        ----- Long gap ---- >    1967             < - 49 years - >       2016          2016-2023

Messiah cut off                                Restoration of         1967-2016        Covenant     < 7 years >

62 weeks                                                             Jerusalem               7 weeks         confirmed   (False) Messiah comes    

1 week

This is only a theory.  If it is true, the covenant will be signed in the year 2016, starting the 70th week of Daniel.

Jeff

then if the vision given Daniel was entirely about the false Messiah it makes perfect sense, and the weeks will begin when he shows up, and then they will be weeks just as the word of God says they will be

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

You're missing any understanding about the relation of the shemita to all your calcualtions.  Because of this........... I'm out.   (shark tank metaphor)

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

-

Edited by Watching for Jesus

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi seandavids.

No, I don't believe the vision was entirely about the false prophet.  I believe a week refers to a 7 year period.

Genesis 29:26.  And Laban said, It must not be so done in our country, to give the younger before the firstborn.
 27.  Fulfil her week, and we will give thee this also for the service which thou shalt serve with me yet seven other years.
 28.  And Jacob did so, and fulfilled her week: and he gave him Rachel his daughter to wife also.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I see the Daniel 9:24-27 passage as being simple once the rest of the Book of Daniel and our Lord Jesus' Olivet Discourse and Revelation is understood along with it.

I see the end of the 69th week with Jesus' crucifixion when He was "cut off", leaving the final "one week" (or 7) unfulfilled. The people of the prince to destroy the city was the event in 70 A.D., but the end coming with flood and desolations is for the very end of this world. Then Dan.9:27 points back to the subject of the end with events involving the final "one week" which link to the placing of the "abomination of desolation" idol in a temple in Jerusalem by the coming Antichrist.

Neither Antiochus IV (170 B.C.) nor the Roman general Titus in 70 A.D. fulfilled the events in Christ's Olivet Discourse. The "abomination of desolation" event Jesus quoted from the Book of Daniel for the future involves a standing temple in Jerusalem, one that as of today still has yet to be built (but soon to come).

Thus the destruction of the temple complex Jesus proclaimed at the start of Matt.24 is about the final temple soon to be bullt which the coming Antichrist will sit in per Apostle Paul in 2 Thess.2:4. That temple complex will be destroyed on the Day of The Lord when Jesus returns.