FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Does anyone know of any Old Testament passages predicting the Resurrection of Christ?

Does anyone know of any Old Testament passages predicting the Resurrection of Christ?

:thumbsup:

What

For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. Psalms 22:16

Do

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. Zechariah 12:10

You

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. Isaiah 53:10

Think

Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them. Psalms 68:18

Guest shiloh357

Psalm 16:8-11 is one passage that directly prophesies of Jesus resurrection.  Psalm 110:1 is another one.  Jesus used that one in a discussion with the Pharisees.  It is actually a passage about Jesus' exalatation, but Jesus would have to first been resurrected.  His resurrection is the first stage of His exaltation.

The festival of First Fruits is a OT picture of the resurrection and it occurs three days after Passover.  Jesus is referred to as the "first fruits of the resurrection."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

To me this comes close....

Isa 53:9  And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. 
Isa 53:10  Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Thank you all for the help, got a few new good ideas from your thoughtful comments.

Was also wondering if the following passages speak of His Resurrection.

Thy dead men shall live together with My dead body shall they arise.  Awake and sing, ye that dwell in the dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Isaiah 26:19

After two days will He revive us: in the third day He will raise us up, and we shall live in His presence.

Hosea 6:2

For we know that while Jesus visited the spirits in prison to preach, I Peter 3:19; 4:6. for two days than after His Resurrection they rose:

52)  And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose.

53)  And came out of the graves after His Resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Matthew 26:52-53

For if we notice verse 53 starts with they arose after His Resurrection, for Christ is the First Fruit, I Corinthians 15:23.  Yet as Isaiah stated they arose together with His dead body.  Could be wrong but was wondering where thee verses referring to Christ Resurrection or am i grasping for straws?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Slide1-bible_names.JPG

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Job 19:25-27 KJV - For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
- And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
- Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Dan 12:2 KJV - And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

All of Isaiah 53. There are a few others, but the OT as we have it today is missing a lot of them. Do a search for lost books of the Bible and you'll see the many, many books that have been pulled out or simply been lost to history.