• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

As we enter the month of peace, I can't help but wonder if it will be one of our last.  Cities in the US are burning, innocent people are being attacked, and the lawless and envious are spreading hatred and chaos throughout the nation.  Elsewhere, in the Middle East and Northern Africa, radical islamists are viciously killing anyone and everyone that stands up to them.  In South America, a steady stream of poison is being produced and distributed throughout the world.  The ultra wealthy, not happy with their current fortunes, continue to devise newer and more cunning ways to steal from the people.

Evil forces are removing peace from the world and turning us against each other by creating countless moral dilemmas for us to bicker over.

So, we do what we've always done.  We pray for peace.

Casting Crowns' remake of this song is absolutely beautiful!

"I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day" lyrics
(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882), 1867)

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

I thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along the unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."

Till, ringing singing, on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
Of peace on earth, good will to men!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

As we enter the month of peace, I can't help but wonder if it will be one of our last.

We can only hope!  :heart: 

(Luke 21:28)  :amen: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I myself, will not wonder if its the last or not. I could care less. Jesus will come when He comes, and Im ready whether its today, or 100 years from now, its no difference to me. Until He does, I will continue to live my life for Him. merry Christmas.  :D

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I myself, will not wonder if its the last or not. I could care less. Jesus will come when He comes, and Im ready whether its today, or 100 years from now, its no difference to me. Until He does, I will continue to live my life for Him. merry Christmas.  :D

I was commenting on the lack of peace in the world, and hoping for a time when there really will be Peace on Earth, good will towards men.  As the world becomes more chaotic and violent, it's appropriate to muse whether it can get better or if it will continue to get worse.

Of course, as Christians, we have the hope that Jesus will bring peace to the world, but I am also a parent and I do worry about my daughter's future.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Justin....

Oh,Justin....I do so know exactly what you are saying .............my son is 35,I fear for what he may see,or suffer ,,,,,but worse yet ,my beautiful grand daughters,babies,one is only 3 years old & the other but 5 months........................we do the best we can to teach them Gods Word & to know our Lord & Savior,Jesus,,,,,,,,,,the Prince of Peace & we pray,like we have never prayed before my Brother!,,,,,,,,,,,,,but we cannot help but wonder

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I was commenting on the lack of peace in the world, and hoping for a time when there really will be Peace on Earth, good will towards men.  As the world becomes more chaotic and violent, it's appropriate to muse whether it can get better or if it will continue to get worse.

Of course, as Christians, we have the hope that Jesus will bring peace to the world, but I am also a parent and I do worry about my daughter's future.

there has not been peace on this earth, since adam and eve. Look at all the wars in the Bible. and all the wars since Jesus. the Crusades. Napolean. countless civil wars, including our own. the revolutionary war. Both world wars. Korea. Vietnam. Bosnia. Iraq. Both times. Afghanistan. Somalia. the list goes on and on. And thats before I list all the natural disastors in the last 2000 years. This planet-has been in constant war, constant termoil, since the creation. Its never once, truly been at peace. So is it getting worse? yes. Is it drastically worse now, then it was 2000 years ago? hard to tell.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Very true patriot...........the only thing new about wars is that we have accomplished ways to kill a whole bunch of people with just a push of a button.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

In all this turmoil we have to thank God that He is in control and still on His throne.