• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Luke 2:8-15 The Shepherds and Angels

That night there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terrified, 10 but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. 11 The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David! 12 And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others—the armies of heaven—praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in highest heaven,
    and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased.”

15 When the angels had returned to heaven, the shepherds said to each other, “Let’s go to Bethlehem! Let’s see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

The Shepherd were watching their flock by night and suddenly a angel appeared and the radiance of the Lord was all around them and they were afraid----the shepherds were just doing their job,how would we react if suddenly we would see an angel and the radiance of Gods glory is all around us? We will probably be afraid too not knowing what is happening. The angel was bringing them good tiding telling them that the Messiah was  born in Bethlehem and the signs of how to recognize Him,the little baby Jesus wrapping in cloth lying in a manger. 

Suddenly there were angels all around them singing and praising Jesus.“Glory to God in highest heaven,

and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased.”

How AMAZING  it must have been to see the glory of God and the sky full of angels , they left their flock to look for Jesus and to find Him,can you IMAGINE  how this changed their life forever? They probably talked about this the rest of their life to whoever would listen to them,they were true witnesses.

Angels We Have Heard on High

Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o'er the plains,
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains.

Gloria, in excelsis Deo!
Gloria, in excelsis Deo!

Shepherds, why this jubilee?
Why your joyous strains prolong?
What the gladsome tidings be
Which inspire your heavenly song?

Come to Bethlehem and see
Christ Whose birth the angels sing;
Come, adore on bended knee,
Christ the Lord, the newborn King.

See Him in a manger laid,
Whom the choirs of angels praise;
Mary, Joseph, lend your aid,
While our hearts in love we raise.

He was only on this earth for a short time to do the will of His Father,He came to die for our sins so we have eternal life, for God  loved us so much that He gave us His only Son to die for our sins so we can have eternal life and to be with Him forever in glory...

Jesus the little baby in the manger came to this earth to die for our sins,He is now living with His father in heaven making a house for us to live with Him forever ..

Will we share this   old story of How He came from glory?

Tell me the old, old story of unseen things above,

Of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love.
Tell me the story simply, as to a little child,
For I am weak and weary, and helpless and defiled.

Tell me the old, old story, tell me the old, old story,
Tell me the old, old story, of Jesus and His love.

Tell me the story slowly, that I may take it in,

That wonderful redemption, God’s remedy for sin.
Tell me the story often, for I forget so soon;
The early dew of morning has passed away at noon.

Tell me the story softly, with earnest tones and grave;
Remember I’m the sinner whom Jesus came to save.
Tell me the story always, if you would really be,
In any time of trouble, a comforter to me.

Tell me the same old story when you have cause to fear
That this world’s empty glory is costing me too dear.
Yes, and when that world’s glory is dawning on my soul,
Tell me the old, old story: “Christ Jesus makes thee whole.”

Can you  imagine how the shepherds felt seeing the sky full with angels and praising God?

Imagine you looking up in the sky and seeing the same thing~~~ :)

Good timings indeed ~~~

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I like the movie "The Nativity" because the shepherds look like the filthy, unkept, stinking people that they were. These men slept with their sheep. I have heard that it was their custom to sleep across the doorway of the pen to be aware of anything trying to sneak in or out. If you have ever raised sheep you will realize how much they stink. No cute, clean little boys came to the stable which likely also smelled badly. Yet Jesus calls Himself the good Shepherd Who is willing to lay down His life for His sheep. He was willing to live among us filthy stinking sinners to rescue us, to lead us and protect us. The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.

Rom. 5: 8-10 NKJV But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. -- 9b having been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled we shall be saved by His life.

2 Cor. 4:6 For it is God Who commanded the light to shine out of the darkness, who has shone in our hearts the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,

Look full in His wonderful face,

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim

In the light of His glory and grace.

Amen Willa !

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son and whosoever believes in Him will have everlasting life John3:16

John 10:11-12

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. "He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.…

The shepherds were protecting their sheep.

Jesus the good shepherd will watch His flock and nobody can steal us out of His hand! :)

Praise God!

While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night

1. While shepherds watched their flocks by night,
All seated on the ground,
The angel of the Lord came down,
And glory shone around.
"Fear not," said he, for mighty dread
Had seized their troubled minds;
"Glad tidings of great joy I bring
To you and all mankind.

2. "To you, in David's town, this day,
Is born of David's line
A Savior, who is Christ the Lord;
And this shall be the sign:
The heavenly Babe you there shall find
To human view displayed,
All meanly wrapped in swaddling-clothes
And in a manger laid."

3. Thus spake the seraph,--and forthwith
Appeared a shining throng
Of angels, praising God, and thus
Addressed their joyful song:
"All glory be to God on high,
And to the earth be peace;
Good will henceforth from Heaven to men
Begin and never cease."

•  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Isn't it just like God to cut through all the hoopla and go to the common man.

If Jesus had entered the world as the king who he was, he could have never reached the common man, He would have been tied up with the elite

But here is God Himself born in a feed trough, with and audience of animals and shepherd and angels

Who would walk through the back stage of life, teaching and reaching people, and nevetr getting much notice, until it was His time.

Phil 2:

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Yes Lord we praise you and thank you for showing us the way....and coming to us, the common man.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings angels4you

Such a beautiful account,inspired by God for all men to hear throughout the ages,,,,,,,,,,,No,I cannot begin to imagine what it must have been like to see that vast host of Heavens armies ....in all Gods Glory!!!!!!WOW!!!! I can't imagine that one day we will get to see these wonderous Heavenly things & STAND in the Presence of Gods Glory ourselves,,,,,,,,that is what makes every second of our worst day on earth worth while,the PRIZE!OIh,keeping our eye on the prize!

Thanks for posting the story of the visitation to the Shepherds,the GREATEST good tidings there ever was & is!!!!Our Redeemer lives,Jesus IS the reason for the Season.....................Merry Christmas & a Wonderful ,Blessed New Year!                            With love-in Christ<Kwik

Hi Kwik,

Good to see you back on the board :)

The Shepherds would give their life to save  the sheep,Jesus the good shepherd gave His life to save us !

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Welcome back to the boards, sweetheart!

I love you.

And yes, such a beautiful account, angels4you.