• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

from The Jerusalem Post:

"Dimly lit, the stone slab, or stele, doesn’t look particularly noteworthy, especially when compared to the more lavish sphinxes, jewelry and cauldrons one encounters en route to the room where it is installed.

"Indeed, in a Twitter post this fall, art journalist Lee Rosenbaum described the nearly 13-by-16 inch c. 830 BCE rock, which resembles an aardvark or elephant, as 'homely.'

"What’s significant about this stone — on view at the Metropolitan Museum of Art as part of its 'Assyria to Iberia at the Dawn of the Classical Age' exhibit running through Jan. 4 — is its inscription: 'the earliest extra-biblical reference to the House of David.'

"'There is no doubt that the inscription is one of the most important artifacts ever found in relation to the Bible,' Eran Arie, curator of Israelite and Persian periods at the Israel Museum, wrote in the exhibit catalog ..."

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Culture/Ancient-rock-adds-evidence-of-King-Davids-existence-384826?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

'the earliest extra-biblical reference to the House of David.'

Guest shiloh357

I didn't know that there was even any question about King David's existence, I always thought of that as case closed, if one was ever open.

Oh yeah, for years scholars didn't even think King David even existed, much less that there was a united monarchy under him.   This Tel Dan rock was actually discovered back in the 1980s, very early in the 1980s, actually.  It is the only evidence outside of the Bible that proves he ever lived.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I only learned this year that there was doubt of King David's existence.  I admit to a moment of stunned silence, but then I broke out laughing.  The lengths and stubborness that man will go to to feel justified in their rebellion against God astounds me.  It's heartwrenching when you think about it.  Jesus loves these folks and wants them for His own.  It must take an awful lot of strength and effort to remain in adamant denial to what God has made clear.  I honestly get tired just thinking about it.  More evidence that His burden really is light.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

"There is no doubt that the inscription is one of the most important artifacts ever found in relation to the Bible", Eran Arie ...wrote

Yes, ultra extremely important.  This is our God Jesus's great, great .... grandfather!! There should be zero doubt about the Bible being literal truth because of this miraculous discovery. No one can mock us Christians anymore for believing the David and Goliath narrative. Many were denying the veracity of the historical King David's existence. 

But very sadly, as another Worthy brother pointed out a few weeks ago, most evangelical children simply "don't get it" .I hope the youth see Oldschool's article.  I think we are too complacent(I'm guilty foremost) about Christian children's/youth's faith in Jesus.  I have read another Christian say that we must evangelize our  own  children and youth. Use this amazing discovery.

We are "quiet like a mouse" one prominent Texas pastor recently said. .

Edited by rontiger

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Rock or no rock, I have never doubted King David's existence.  But, that being said, a little extra verification can't hurt.   :lightbulb2: 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

That seems silly but people will do anything to disprove the bible

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/22/1966

people will never stop trying to dismiss the bible yall,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

people will never stop trying to dismiss the bible yall,

Think about it.....   you've got a group of people who keep telling you that you are going to burn forever if you don't join them....    if you decide not to join them at least you should kind of try and prove them wrong.    If you can't do that and still don't join them then one would really be kind of stupid.....   and no one likes to think of themselves as stupid..........        well most people don't anyway....   maybe the really stupid ones.