IGNORED

How can I become a Christian when church triggers my depression?

bubbles baloo

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

if you have a mental illness take your pills . I have bi polar. and ally life satan has tried to rip up everything I tried to do I had to fight him and I still do. to stay close to the lord. pray toi the lord and tell the lord to take satan away from you , satan is trying to win your soul and don't allow him to do that. the lord will fight satan for you. all you have to do is pray evwen if its all day , keep on praying

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Can you think about it and go into more detail for us?  IS there something specific you hear or see that causes this... It is hard to help without information, except in general ways, and everyone here is dedicated to resolve not cope.

For example I don't have a PHD in anything but I know myself and people I talk to often have reactions to things they hear in the Word, especially when it sounds too great to overcome to expect of myself...Such as Enter by the narrow gate and few will find it. It is discouraging to the brain like being asked to run in an Olympic event(with no instructions as to where to begin looking and the word FEW)   BUT I believe that the brain likes excuses to keep everything the way it is...even depressing us to keep the status quo so we don't have to listen!.  With the Spirit guidance it is achievable. And whats more did you know you can sense things by touch as small as 13 nanometers That's pretty narrow! so my point is the helper and the faculties exist. Acceptance of what you hear without reason or modification is an important step and each step is motion towards God wherever He is rather than what you think. Your Hindsight on this transition will be half the joy!

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Bubbles Baloo, you are absolutely right when you say the Lord will fight for you. "The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14. The enemy walks about like a roaring lion and will seek every opportunity he can to destroy you. It is imperative that we always put on the armor of God and always remain in scripture. It is also imperative that we close any doors that we may have been opened to the enemy, that being any occult activity, unrepented sin, etc.

Here are some verses that helped me with oppression:

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. Romans 8:37

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19

Edited by Hippie333
removed video - needs to be posted in videos section

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/07/1985

Just to get this clear: It is not faith in itself, but "church" that triggers you? What part of church? For example if it was the music, you could find a church with different music. If it's the many people, you could go to a small bible group. In general, I think we can be christians without a church and God doesn't want you to feel bad, so if something always triggers you to feel bad, it's your right to avoid it to stay healthy. And if you find that the best or only way to stay healthy is to stay away from church, than you should do that.

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

personally i don't think you need to go to church to be a christian.

could you maybe go to a housegroup near you or something? would that be ok?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Just to get this clear: It is not faith in itself, but "church" that triggers you? What part of church? For example if it was the music, you could find a church with different music. If it's the many people, you could go to a small bible group. In general, I think we can be christians without a church and God doesn't want you to feel bad, so if something always triggers you to feel bad, it's your right to avoid it to stay healthy. And if you find that the best or only way to stay healthy is to stay away from church, than you should do that.

Welcome to Worthy Kuro. Sign into the Welcome section to be greeted by other members.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Bubbles, I read your comments but am not certain if you are speaking from a personal experience or are making a blanket statement. 

When you say 'I had to fight him (Satan). In order to do that we must be in constant prayer and fasting ..on our own we are not strong enough to fight the enemy. Satan tempted Jesus when He was at His weakest in the desert. Yet Jesus was stronger than the enemy even though He was weak. We are weak. We go to our Lord in prayer and ask Him to rebuke the enemy on our behalf. He has defeated Satan and will do it for us and give us strength to turn away and He will stand in the breach between us . Even the archangel Michael said to Satan the Lord rebuke you. Never face him alone go in prayer and ask Jesus to do it for you. In prayer, ask that the blood Jesus shed on the cross cover and protect you and keep you safe.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Bible is clear you are the church if you're saved. Ye are God's  building  and you are not to yoke(fellowship) with unbelievers. You are depressed because you're a saved person in a chapel building full of unsaved people. Or you are unsaved and depressed because you see yourself in the congregation you fellowship with.Misery needs Company .

A Christian should not compromise when it comes to picking a chapel. Compromise is the same as conforming to this world. 

Edited by manuelf324