Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

The North Korea comedy film that had its Christmas Day launch cancelled after a major cyber attack and threats against US cinema-goers is now to get a limited theatrical release, Sony says.

The Interview will be shown in some independent US cinemas on Thursday.

Two cinemas in Atlanta and Austin have already revealed screenings.

(source BBC news) 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

so looks like they are standing up against terriost. good that they are not giving into to terriost threats

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I will not be watching this movie, even if it comes out on video, It looks despicable. However, with that said, good for sony and those independent theatres for standing up. This is how you deal with bullys-by standing up to them. Its to bad congress can't figure that out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I will not be watching this movie, even if it comes out on video, It looks despicable. However, with that said, good for sony and those independent theatres for standing up. This is how you deal with bullys-by standing up to them. Its to bad congress can't figure that out.

Yes, that plus the $44,000,000 they have to recover from the making of it.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

from the trailer I saw on TV, I won't be seeing it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I can't believe some of the cowardly posts that I have read on here.

The first question everybody should be asking is why was the Muslim film banned? You know the one that was ALLEGEDLY responsible for the Benghazi massacre. Are there double standards here?

The second question is why are people are so concerned about a movie that insults a tinpot dictator? Do you Americans have a First Amendment or not?

Do you think that Christianity would have spread if people were concerned about what other people thought?

Do you think that the message of the Gospel would have spread if Christians were worried about offending other people?

I realise that these are different things, and I do recognise that this movie is not spreading the Gospel, but does nobody realise that evil prevails when nobody is courageous enough to speak out against it?

I can't believe what I am hearing here.

Freedom of speech is the greatest political gift that we have. Freedom of speech prevents tyranny. There shouldn't even have to be a discussion about this movie being banned. If America is not courageous enough to allow this movie (And the government should never have been involved in the first place) then America does not deserve to be a free nation.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

For the record all I said was that I had watched the trailer on TV and it's not my kind of movie.

any further comment would have to get a bit conspiratorial.    Whole thing might even just be an advertising thing to promote the viewing of a badly made movie.  Could be that the CIA folks want to be able get more control over the internet........     there are a whole lot of possibilities.    Question I have is North Korea capable of doing such things.   If they do have the ability to break into Sony, what else can they do?

We've provoked a lot of people into war in the past 200 years, and I see no reason to think this might be something to provoke Kim into doing something to promote the use of war materials........     he is one of the few hold outs on a central bank controlled by the elites.

I do believe Sony has the constitutional right to show this movie......    but they do not have the power or right to wave the consequences of what will come of it.   Nor do we have the right to put them down if they consider the consequences serious enough to change their plans.

Guest shiloh357

I can't believe some of the cowardly posts that I have read on here.

The first question everybody should be asking is why was the Muslim film banned? You know the one that was ALLEGEDLY responsible for the Benghazi massacre. Are there double standards here?

The second question is why are people are so concerned about a movie that insults a tinpot dictator? Do you Americans have a First Amendment or not?

Do you think that Christianity would have spread if people were concerned about what other people thought?

Do you think that the message of the Gospel would have spread if Christians were worried about offending other people?

I realise that these are different things, and I do recognise that this movie is not spreading the Gospel, but does nobody realise that evil prevails when nobody is courageous enough to speak out against it?

I can't believe what I am hearing here.

Freedom of speech is the greatest political gift that we have. Freedom of speech prevents tyranny. There shouldn't even have to be a discussion about this movie being banned. If America is not courageous enough to allow this movie (And the government should never have been involved in the first place) then America does not deserve to be a free nation.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.   I would point out that we have to weigh these things against the safety of our people, as well.   Until about two years ago, we never conceived of someone committing a terrorist attack on one of our theaters until James Holmes shot a bunch of people in a theater back in July 2010. 

So, we need to weigh these threats carefully.   If we ignore the threats, we will be condemned as irresponsible and reckless if someone is killed during the screening of the movie.   If we err on the side of caution, we are being cowardly and are portrayed as bowing the knee to N. Korea, which isn't the case.  We need to retaliate against them, but not at the expense of innocent lives.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

if the Americen fear,do y know how happy jim3 will be