OldSchool2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64
  • Days Won:  0

I think the best type of scientists are those who inspire their students and open them up to the awesome world of science and knowledge.  Carl Sagan was one of these.   The best professors I had in college were brilliant, yet approachable.

Carl Sagan is greatly overrated as a "scientist". 

I think the best type of scientists are those who inspire their students and open them up to the awesome world of science and knowledge.  Carl Sagan was one of these.   The best professors I had in college were brilliant, yet approachable.

Carl Sagan is greatly overrated as a "scientist". 

:thumbsup:

I Use To Love His SciFi And "Science" Lectures Until I Lined Them Up With The Simple, Clear Words Of God

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

Now I See Carl's Public Job Was More That Of An Inspirational Spokesmen For The Spirit World

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Mark 7:15

Than That Of A Great And Inquisitive Man Of Science

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1

~

Here Is A Testimony To Mr. Sagan's Blind Faith In Scientism

And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

From The Dear One Who Knew

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Him Best

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:16-21

Ann Druyan, Carl Sagan’s wife, talks about his death and afterlife

by Brijesh Chauhan on August 25, 2011 · 16 comments

in Inspirational,Thought

Carl Sagan’s wife, Ann Druyan, talked about his death, their immense love and the afterlife. I think you can love someone the most when you both are aware of the fact that there is no second life, its all here and now. You can give and receive all your love while you exist in this life form, for a tiny fraction of time, knowing that there is no tomorrow. The words she said below are magical. You can watch this video if you don’t know who Carl Sagan was.

“When my husband died, because he was so famous & known for not being a believer, many people would come up to me — it still sometimes happens — & ask me if Carl changed at the end & converted to a belief in an afterlife. They also frequently ask me if I think I will see him again. Carl faced his death with unflagging courage & never sought refuge in illusions. The tragedy was that we knew we would never see each other again. I don’t ever expect to be reunited with Carl. But, the great thing is that when we were together, for nearly twenty years, we lived with a vivid appreciation of how brief & precious life is. We never trivialized the meaning of death by pretending it was anything other than a final parting. Every single moment that we were alive & we were together was miraculous — not miraculous in the sense of inexplicable or supernatural. We knew we were beneficiaries of chance… That pure chance could be so generous & so kind… That we could find each other, as Carl wrote so beautifully in Cosmos, you know, in the vastness of space & the immensity of time… That we could be together for twenty years. That is something which sustains me & it’s much more meaningful…

The way he treated me & the way I treated him, the way we took care of each other & our family, while he lived. That is so much more important than the idea I will see him someday. I don’t think I’ll ever see Carl again. But I saw him. We saw each other. We found each other in the cosmos, and that was wonderful.“ – Ann Druyan, talking about her husband, Carl Sagan

Mind blowing fact: Ann Druyan is the president of NORML. http://brijux.com/2011/08/25/ann-druyan-carl-sagan-wife-talks-about-his-death-and-afterlife/

~

Look Around And Smoke The World's Poison

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Or Look Up And Thank Him

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

The Choice Is Yours

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

and he that believeth not the Son

shall not see life;

but

the wrath

of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

Love, Joe

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

One of the world's most famous scientists was Nikola Tesla

whose father was a Serbian Orthodox Priest and mother

was the daughter of a Serbian Orthodox priest.

In his autobiography, Tesla said:

" At this time, as at many other times in the past, my thoughts turned towards my Mother's teaching.

The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth,

we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore

I devoted the next few months to the study of this work. "

Quote from Chapter 5—The Influences That Shape Our Destiny

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Also from Tesla:

For ages this idea [that each of us is only part of a whole] has been proclaimed in the consummately wise teachings of religion, probably not alone as a means of insuring peace and harmony among men, but as a deeply founded truth. The Buddhist expresses it in one way, the Christian in another, but both say the same: We are all one.

~THE PROBLEM OF INCREASING HUMAN ENERGY

There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact. To me, the universe is simply a great machine which never came into being and never will end. The human being is no exception to the natural order. Man, like the universe, is a machine. Nothing enters our minds or determines our actions which is not directly or indirectly a response to stimuli beating upon our sense organs from without. Owing to the similarity of our construction and the sameness of our environment, we respond in like manner to similar stimuli, and from the concordance of our reactions, understanding is born. In the course of ages, mechanisms of infinite complexity are developed, but what we call "soul" or "spirit," is nothing more than the sum of the functionings of the body. When this functioning ceases, the "soul" or the "spirit" ceases likewise.

~"A Machine to End War"

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Also from Tesla:

There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact. To me, the universe is simply a great machine which never came into being and never will end. The human being is no exception to the natural order. Man, like the universe, is a machine. Nothing enters our minds or determines our actions which is not directly or indirectly a response to stimuli beating upon our sense organs from without. Owing to the similarity of our construction and the sameness of our environment, we respond in like manner to similar stimuli, and from the concordance of our reactions, understanding is born. In the course of ages, mechanisms of infinite complexity are developed, but what we call "soul" or "spirit," is nothing more than the sum of the functionings of the body. When this functioning ceases, the "soul" or the "spirit" ceases likewise.

~"A Machine to End War"

Are those Tesla's words, or Viereck's ?

Ironically, WW2 was the war [actually a continuation of WW1]

that ushered in the global satanic antichrist new world order...

and Tesla died outcast, broke and alone in NYC during the war.

My opinion is... Tesla took the pearls his mother gave him and

cast them before swine.

Edited by Cyrus

As an engineer, I've used Newton Physics and Einstein Physics.  Both give correct answers, but to different degrees of accuracy.  Scientists have been struggling with a "theory of everything" for many years.  To get the math to work out, they've proposed numerous new theories from "string theory", the "big bang" (which if true, was soundless except for God's word), first ten then eleven dimensions, etc.  Somewhere outside of space and time, God's probably having a good laugh as each scientist hits a dead end.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

God is the greatest scientist and has given to each something that can benefit or hinder him /her and those around him /her and around this world.

To Him  all the highest of praises!

God breathes in His soul into all human life.

Since the creation of earth;

Some are born with great intelligence to create and discover quite complex things.

I feel very small when I look around me and what others have come and done through their God given intelligence.

I have to accept my limitations and work from that point of reference to make the best of my given situation in this life.

we all have a value to this life to contribute to it however big or small our capacities.

I am so grateful for:

The mechanics of engines, clocks, how metals are taken and made into materials that create other things.

wood making, plastic making, paper making, metal mamking, ruber making.

making tools

water used to power things

The buildings and manufacturers in which some materials are produced.

the art/skill of clothing, the art/skill of knighting crocheting.

ŧhe art/skill of farming

The art/skill of food preparation,

The art/skill of building.

The ar/skill of music,..

The art/skill of dance...

The art/skill of drawing, sculpting...

The science of engineering...

The science of medicine...

God has given to certain an intelligence that has been capable of creating and developing things further.

To each something was given to be of good use for Gods purpose.

Some have been given greater skills than others.

Without some of those who God blessed with greater intelligence to create and develop things, we would not have what we have now.

However like with king Solomon, granting greater intelligence does not necessarily mean granting  also a greater capacity to find God.

Matthew 5:45

45 that ye may be the children of your Father who is in Heaven. For He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Psalm 104

1 - v2   I say to myself, "*Praise the *LORD!"
  *LORD, my God, you are very great!
  (As a person wears clothes), you wear *honour and *majesty and light.
  You have put the skies as a roof (over the earth).

v3   You have built your home above the waters that are over the skies.
  The clouds carry you and you ride on the wind.

v4   The winds carry your messages
  and burning fires are your servants.

v5   (The *LORD) built the earth on its *foundations.
  Nobody will ever move it.

v6   You covered it with the deep (sea) as clothes (cover a person).
  The waters were higher than the mountains.

v7   When you shouted (the waters) ran away.
  At the sound of your *thunder they *fled.

v8   (The waters) moved over the mountains.
  They went down into the valleys.
  They went to the place that you had made for them.

v9   You made a mark that they could not cross.
  Never again will (the waters) cover the earth.

Gods son shines same on the good and the bad, its what we do with God's son that makes the difference with the condition of our hearts and soul.

In finding God, we  all are on equal footing. As each one has been given a measure of faith. Its what we do with this measure that makes the greatest difference.

God meets us in our hearts not in our intelligence.

There just is so much that through some of the great intelligences that have come into this world,

we have now what we have , good and bad.

Should we be grateful?

Yes I am grateful , I am grateful for the great minds that came before and those that are and the one to come.

I am grateful that collectively with great minds and with great workmanship, we have been able to create and through these creations discover our limitations as well.

I am grateful ( in that sense you can say that I give praise to the pioneers and scientist, because God created them too) for those who think "their are no problems only solutions"

I am grateful for the roof over my head, I am grateful for the heat in my house.

I am grateful for the running water in my house.

I am grateful for the food in my fridge and the food that i can prepare on my stove.

I am grateful for my coo-coo- clock and also for my batteries run clocks or solar run calculators.

I am grateful for lawn movers, for tractors, for cars, for generators,for canoes to get me across the lake and snow shoes to get me to walk over deep snow.

I am grateful for hospitals that have trained and skilled personnel to take care of me as best as is possible.

I am grateful for certain medications and certain flue shots or other shots that can prevent a disease.

I am grateful to know more about the planets and stars because of those who pioneered before me and with the greater minds that came to discover and create from what they discover.

So yes I give praise to these that God bestowed with great intelligence that through their great minds and fortitude opened pathways to broaden the learning capacities of great and lesser great minds alike, Because of these great minds of pioneering through with their ideas, I have a greater possibility of resources that alone I could never have come by.

Of course there are also problems that can come from these blessings.

God also has placed good people with humanitarian goals, to assist and to guide us,

But God is always in our midst to be of help, through and beyond

And for that I am the most grateful to give praise to.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/05/1997

"Role models portrayed as superhuman don’t always motivate students—instead, they risk discouraging kids who feel they can't live up to the lofty standards."

from The Atlantic:

"When role models become too romanticized, their fame can have the opposite effect of intimidating those who wish to enter the field. This is what Des Jardins calls the Marie Curie complex. 'If we create these myths of people being uber-people and thus good scientists, many of us earthlings are not equipped,' she said. 'You will disqualify the majority of people in science when they feel like they won’t measure up ...'"

I agree.

The same situation with actors.

Some actors get so much fame and are so adored, they risk discouraging kids who feel they can't live up to the lofty standards.

You will disqualify the majority of people in science when they feel like they won't measure up.

People should stop praising famous actors.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Re: Sagan & wife, they are to be pitied, never to have known the true assurance that this is but a winnowing phase by our Father and this is not all there is. I know with such a certainty that I shall see my loved ones who have gone ahead that I truly pity those who don't have that assurance that comes from being bought for such a costly sum by my Saviour.

So much intelligence was given to Carl, yet he never really knew or understood Who gave it to him or what wondrous things he should have done with it. He is truly to be pitied.

"Role models portrayed as superhuman don’t always motivate students—instead, they risk discouraging kids who feel they can't live up to the lofty standards."

from The Atlantic:

"When role models become too romanticized, their fame can have the opposite effect of intimidating those who wish to enter the field. This is what Des Jardins calls the Marie Curie complex. 'If we create these myths of people being uber-people and thus good scientists, many of us earthlings are not equipped,' she said. 'You will disqualify the majority of people in science when they feel like they won’t measure up ...'"

I agree.

The same situation with actors.

Some actors get so much fame and are so adored, they risk discouraging kids who feel they can't live up to the lofty standards.

You will disqualify the majority of people in science when they feel like they won't measure up.

People should stop praising famous actors.

I agree with you 100% about actors.

Here's an article about the top 10 over-rated geniuses of all time.

**Link removed**

Edited by ncn
Link removed due to the language used on some of the comments