• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1963

Hey to you all,

I don't have this feeling all the time, but when I do get this lonely feeling in my gut, it is very heart wrenching. I am married, and disabled. I have always been a loner, and have had several online friends at one time, but through the years they have moved on away from the internet. I have one friend online and we chat quite a bit during the day. When my wife is at work is the toughest time for me. She is a nurse and works nights. I do go to a mental health support group on Tuesday and Thursdays during the day. But I still have to deal with this loneliness and dont know why?  I have joined many social sites in search of friendships but they are just few and far between these days. If you have any words of encouragment or advice, please feel free to comment on this. If you want to add me as a friend, by all means I will humbly accept any request.

Richard

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Richard , Merry Christmas. 

Worthy is a good place to join in and fellowship with others. 

Try the chat room too.

Having more time on your hands doesn't have to be lonely , use your time to reach out to others. 

God Bless. 

Nigel. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I believe what you are experiencing is the realization of the immensity of life

and the need to fill that immensity with something... this is the amazing aspect

of s(S)piritual connectivity with God when we can observe this vast place and know

that God Himself fills all place with Himself and the relaxation that in His perfect

timing of Word (we will see as He sees) and no place shall be empty and in this faith

based rest we see alone as an illusion set forth by lie... We are actually focussing

on the created elements rather than on The Creator of the elements! Our bodies want

foundation of 1st created realities when in fact by the intention of God we are to

cling to that which is not yet but will be as though it is even now.Col 3 Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Just know that we are here for you, and that we love you in Christ Jesus!  :heart: 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

We are here for anyone who is in need...whether to talk or just to give a different opinion. Are you lonely or just feel alone? There is a difference...one can be alone yet not lonely. I pray that Jesus fills your heart with His presence so much that you cannot imagine ever being lonely...alone, yes, but never lonely.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Richard,

Yes I can understand how you feel, as I too have limited strength & cannot go out much. However it does sound like you can`t really go out much at all. Anyway as others have said this place `Worthy` is a great place to make friends. Give yourself time to get to know different people, & for them to know you. Talk on different threads that interest you & you will find others who like those topics too. I`m sure the Lord will lead you & others to connect in time. You are a part of the Body of Christ & thus have much of Him to share. Be patient & trust Him to build your friendships as you step out & give of Him to others.

Blessings Marilyn.

• Group:  Junior Member

Thank you all for sharing...I know I'm not alone and God is with me, but at times I do feel lonely and not sure why. I pray that God will help me through these lonely spells, and that I will be able to make new chatfriends. I added your all to my messenger list, and will attempt to frequent this website more often.

God Bless!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Richard, just as you have stated in post #7,  you do recognize them as lonely spells.  That means that they do come and go.  Take a few proactive measures, focus on what you are doing or not doing just before they come on.  Try to change a patttern that may bring them on.

Along with spending time in here, consider taking an on line course. You can do that at night when your wife is attending patients. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Richard, this time of the year like some other times can be real lonely for many and for many different reasons.

Its good to know about resources that are available to keep connected and that some form of help can be found.

I just googled: how to keep from falling deeper into depression and found a page from the site: Spych Central.

Sometimes it helps to know that you are not alone feeling lonely or depressed.

Even though we are all different with different struggles and life challenges, there is comfort sometimes in knowing that others too are going through a rough patch and can at least relate to feelings of loneliness and depression that can keep us stuck.

On the christian side, God knows your life,and is always there for you and will not leave you or abandon you.

Everyday we are given new test of faith.

Deuteronomy 31 6, 8

6- 'Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One

who goes with you.

He will not leave you nor forsake you.

8- And the Lord, He is the  one who goes before you.

He will be with you.

He will not leave you nor forsake you,

do not fear nor be dismayed

Hebrews13:5,6,15

Let your conduct be without covetousness, and be content

with such things as you have.

For He himself said.

"I will never leave you nor forsake you

15- Therefore by Him let us continually

offer the sacrifice of praise to God,

that this the fruit of our lips,giving thanks

to His name.

Matthew ch4:4

Christ Jesus said:" Man shall not live by bread alone,

but by everything that proceeds from the mouth of God.

1Peter ch5:7.

Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you

John ch 16: 32.33.

Behold, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me. I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Psalm 34:18

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit

Psalm 73:23

Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand.

Psalm72:12

For he delivers the needy when he calls, the poor and him who has no helper.

In the blood redeeming name our our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus:

May God Bless you Richard and surround you with His love. Amen! Amen!Amen!

Looking these things up to and praying for you to try and bring solace to you

has also helped me to get a bit of solace and to remember the hope there is in Christ Jesus. Halleluhia

Praise God!

• Group:  Junior Member

Thanks for all your suggestions. I really appreciate it, and I need to get back into the word. I have slacked off for several months. I just got to 'put one foot in front of the other,' so to say. I have started adding people to my messenger list here today and been in the chat rooms several times tonight. I think getting more involved in this great place will help alot. I have debated a online class, but would not know where to start. Would that cost anything if i found something online? Has anyone had any dealings with that here? How did it go for you?

God Bless and have a great night.