• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

My favorite verse !

My sin - oh the bliss of this glorious thought

my sin not in part but the whole

Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more

praise the Lord, praise the Lord oh my soul.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

seems i am not alone i had some one ask me at the church i have been going to why i do not bring my bible to the morning service i laughed and the pastor over heard the conversation he laughed as well were the spirit wants to set us free religion tends to want to stop what the holy spirit is wanting to do in our lives like most i also get bored off reading the two bibles i have i have read them over and over and over too the point were i just stopped i pray i also talk with god being up early is when i find i am able to come to god  the very same person was shocked when i said i work 7 days a week does it mean i am weak or not a true christian cause i do not have my bible with me 

i attend the men group i go too the prayer meetings their are times when i have not had the chance to pray or attend a morning church service though i go out off my way to catch up with what is going on   

:thumbsup:

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Contesting the Will of the Founding Fathers of Modern Science

Like the turbulent tourney over who got what of the Puritans’ legacy, the founders of modern science left a legacy that has two separate groups of heirs. Although it is “beyond genuine dispute” (to use the federal evidence standard of Fed.R.Civ.P. Rule 56) that the ranks of these founders were overwhelmingly dominated by Bible-revering Christians,3 the legacies of those godly science pioneers have been partitioned and distributed into two very different categories of heirs, some of whom are creationists and others evolutionists. (The latter group is a mixed bag of theistic evolutionists, like BioLogos founder Francis Collins, and atheistic evolutionists, like Richard Dawkins).

Thus, the pioneering discoveries and analytical legacies of the founding fathers of modern science—Sir Isaac Newton, Johann Kepler, John Ray, Robert Boyle, William Herschel, Michael Faraday, Jedidiah Morse, Matthew Maury, Lord Kelvin, Conrad Gessner, Alexander Graham Bell, George Washington Carver, etc.—have been “inherited” by scientists as diametrically distinct as evolutionist Linus Pauling (the biochemist who championed Vitamin C) and biblical creationist Raymond Damadian (the M.D./engineer who invented the medical MRI).

Consider how modern scientists have partitioned the scientific legacy of these founding fathers: Who kept the furniture? Who kept the faith? Who got the better inheritance? For the most part, the evolutionists have inherited the sociopolitical “furniture” of the scientific community.

But the tactics used to do so have involved an unreasonably high price—ideological commitment to a “primordial soup” mythology, comparable to the high price that Esau once paid for a bowl of real soup. (To get this food, Esau traded away the Messianic-line birthright. This was an intangible inheritance of immeasurable worth, but Scripture says he “despised” it.4)

Like Esau, evolutionists have traded away the biblical faith of the founding fathers of modern science, keeping only the sociopolitical furniture and furnishings. Colleges founded by biblical creationists (such as Harvard, Yale, and Princeton) are now wholly owned and operated by evolutionists. Meanwhile, biblical creationists routinely find themselves out-voted, ostracized, and ousted from the institutions and opportunities established by the founders of modern science. http://www.icr.edu/fighting-over-furniture-and-faith

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

To me, reading the Bible and praying is a preliminary neutral feeling. Before I pray or read the Word I'm not like yayyy!! happy happy joy joy let's do this! The happy happy joy joy comes after I've read and prayed. There are days I don't feel like reading it, and there is no excuse in that but I don't get a guilt trip about it because in my heart I know that there's always tomorrow. Can't go very long without it though because my spirit begins to starve for His Holy Word.

Guest Thallasa

I think all relationships need to be refreshed .We don't say the same things to those that we love everytime we see them,and sometimes we don't need to say anything ,just Be in communion with God ;This can be in any place,but particularly in nature that God created

for us to enjoy and contemplate His creativity.

I love to sing around the house such songs as "Oh Lord my God" and others ,and even when I'm out walking in the counrtryside.

Perhaps you need to find other ways to connect to Him ,such as reading what  Christian scholars have written or great

literature inspired by God's Holy Spirit, like Tolstoy ,or Victor Hugo .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi gray wolf,

Very interesting thoughts. Personally I love to study God`s word on various topics, but as far as every day working through the Bible (which I have done many times) I now like to meditate on a phrase or an aspect of Christ. I think for people who are not scholars but more practical, like my husband, find learning of God in practical ways. He also reads the word, but I believe we are to know Him & that is reading, meditating on Him, looking at creation, through our daily tasks, through people etc.

What have I learnt of God today?  Marilyn.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

My favorite verse !

My sin - oh the bliss of this glorious thought

my sin not in part but the whole

Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more

praise the Lord, praise the Lord oh my soul.

Yes yes yes!

And my sincere thanks to all those who have shared their thoughts with me on this question.

Daniel

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I am a very devout believer.  I go to church and worship often, I have been saved, I seek God's will continually, I walk with Christ daily and I share Him with others.  But here is the thing:  although I read the Scriptures twice a day and pray frequently, I don't really enjoy it.  I know that I am commanded to do it and that I must to live in Christ.  Yet I cannot affirm that I wholeheartedly take pleasure in it but view them as essential duties.  Is there something wrong here?

I feel this way a lot. I am terrified at times that when Jesus said "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me" that I fall into that category. Sometimes my prayers feel forced and mechanical. On the other side, I am reminded of James 2:26. When I give to charity, when I give money to the homeless, at those times I feel drawn up into God's love, and I am happy because I have done God's will and that I am His slave. Yet that opens up all sorts of other problems, for I have to keep myself from feeling proud of myself.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I can relate to this feeling. My own experience has been when I look up scriptures because I'm searching for an answer, at those moments I feel more interested. I also feel more connected to my prayers when I pray because I'm concerned about something or want to confess something I feel guilty about. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41

Thanks everyone for your input.  I do want to read the Bible and pray.  But I just do not enjoy it and that is okay.  I memorize and study seminary work.  And I was not actually raised Catholic, lol.  

Daniel

I was raised Catholic.  Those who have been have my sympathies.  I don't know which translation you're reading, but for me, nothing reads better than the NIV while still preserving the Biblical author's intent.  The Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) is a close second.  I read that on my phone.

Edited by Nobody-2441