• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Jehovea witnesses do not like it when you question their doctrine or tell them to their face they are being deceived i had two female Jw knock on my door when i asked what their purpose was they told me who they were and wanted to leave me one off their tracks i said i am a christian and that track you hand out and are leaving on my neighbours screen doors will be burnt i told them simply do not come a knocking and preaching your deluded doctrine in this street i offered to pray for them but i guess they took off and were not willing to be told the truth 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Rom 10:9-10

9 For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
NLT

From CARM

The Watchtower organization says that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body he died in (You Can Live Forever on Paradise Earth, pp. 143-44). Instead, it says that He rose as a spirit creature and that the material body of Jesus was taken away by God the Father. Therefore, they deny the physical resurrection of Christ. Is this important? Most definitely!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Technically they are what is known as a Christian Cult. These are groups that claim to be Christians but are not because they don't follow the basic principles/rules of Christianity. and have twisted scripture somewhat.

This is not the same as a Christian denomination such as Catholics, Anglicans, Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals etc.

However despite the heresy and falseness of Jehovah's Witnesses, I personally have a lot to thank them for...... but that's another story.

Now I am curious....what do you have to thank them for?   I don't know much about them and I respect the freedom we have to chose to believe what we want to... but I don't understand why people fall into these cult like type religions when they have bibles to read and find answers for themselves.

Well, it's a long story and kind of irrelevant. Let's just say that they helped me once.

I still think they are a cult though. Their teaching is false and dangerous but it doesn't mean that individual Jehovah's Witnesses or even Jehovah's Witness church groups are not decent people.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

my  x boss who gave me a start as a cleaner is a Jehovah Witness also my x wife was raised as a Jehovah Witness i often would wonder why she would get mad as she did not want to open up to me at first she would get very mad at the Jehovah witnesses as she knew them we are close friends and she is a born again christian something she told me when a j w is nice or help full its a coy they use my old boss who had the contract to the UNI i use to  clean at when he found out i was a christian he avoided discussing their doctrine with me as he saw i could do the work i shared openly to his son how i became a christian his son began to question why i was so against their doctrine 

i found out that the boss had several penticostal christians challange him to the point were the ones who  challanged him did not back off he saw that i was though not like the ones who had challanged him as at one stage i thought he was going to ditch me due to me being the only  christian as their were 9 jehovah witnesses working at the Uni i was working at 

i have my own way when it comes to witnessing to j w 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I have attended a JW worship service and I wouldn't call them a cult. They make some very valid points.

I look in the Bible and I don't see scriptural evidence supporting the trinity or at least I can see how they interpret it that way. I am actually quite confused on the trinity issue because nowhere in the Bible does it say "He is three in one." So it's confusing.

Also they do not pay their clergy, I like that a lot. And they train their members to interact with the rest of the world, something a traditional church does not. I think learning to interact as a christian with the rest of the world is important and I think the church really fell flat on that.

I can also see how they can be precieved as a cult but I do not believe they are. They look and act and believe strange but isn't that the foundation of Christianity? Being seperate from the world?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

I have attended a JW worship service and I wouldn't call them a cult. They make some very valid points.

I look in the Bible and I don't see scriptural evidence supporting the trinity or at least I can see how they interpret it that way. I am actually quite confused on the trinity issue because nowhere in the Bible does it say "He is three in one." So it's confusing.

Also they do not pay their clergy, I like that a lot. And they train their members to interact with the rest of the world, something a traditional church does not. I think learning to interact as a christian with the rest of the world is important and I think the church really fell flat on that.

I can also see how they can be precieved as a cult but I do not believe they are. They look and act and believe strange but isn't that the foundation of Christianity? Being seperate from the world?

Just so you know if you have not read it, this is Worthy's statement of faith .

http://www.worthynetwork.com/statement-of-faith

You would also benefit form reading the link below which has already been given on this thread,

allowing you to understand better just who they are. 

http://carm.org/is-the-jehovahs-witness-religion-christian

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Their translation of the Bible is not a valid translation. It was revealed in court that the person who translated it knew no greek but just changed the sections that disagree with their theology. The first chapter of John stated that the Word was in the beginning with God and the Word was God. They changed it to say the Word was A god. There is a big difference.

They also believe that Jesus was just an angel. We believe that angels were created by God, not born of Him. Philippeans 2 tells how Jesus was once in the form of God but gave that up to come to us as a man.

Jesus was called God with Us, Immanuel, in Matthew 1. Thomas confessed Him as my Lord and my God when he put his hands in the risen Christ's sides and palms. Jesus claimed to be I AM in John 8. In Exodus 3 When God called Himself I Am in the burning bush, a few verses later He calls Himself Jehovah. So Jesus claimed to be Jehovah God, the I Am Who always existed and has no beginning and no end.

There are many references to the Father, and the Son both being God, and that the Lord our God is One God. The best reference to the Holy Spirit being God is when Annanirus and Sophria lied to the apostles, and they claimed that they had not lied to me but to God. As you become more familiar with the Holy Spirit you will recognize Him as also being God with us, the other Comfortor that Jesus asked the Father to send us. He is the same personality as Jesus, having the same values and mind as He and and the Father have. He came to reveal Jesus to us just as Jesus came to reveal the Father. He is the One Who is closer than a brother, Who is in us crying Daddy to our Father in Heaven, Who assures us we are His children.

Exodus 3:6, 14,15. Remember that whenever LORD is spelled in capitals, it is YHWH which is translated Jehovah by the Jehovah's witnesses. Here the God of Abraham claims to be I AM and Jehovah LORD!

John 8:58 Jesus claimed He existed as I AM (Jehovah) before Abraham was. That is why the Jews tried to stone Him for claiming to be Jehovah I AM in the next verse, claiming He had committed blasphemy.

Matthew 1:23 Jesus' name is called God With Us, Immanuel.

John 25:27-29 Thomas called Jesus his Lord and God

Acts 5:3-4 Satan filled their heart to lie to the Holy Spirit who is God.

Mark 14:36, Jesus prayed to His Father (Abba is Aramaic for Papa or Daddy) Matt. 9:6; John 17:5,

Deut 6:4 4:35, 39; 32:29 We worship One God

Being human beings, We can't fully understand how three persons we call God are in fact One God. While the word trinity is not found in scripture, it is taught throughout scripture. Even in Genesis the Spirit hovered over the deep in 1:2, and in 1:26 He said let US make man in OUR image. Colossians 1:15-16 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstBORN over all creation, for by Him all things were created--all things were created through Him and for Him.

Father is the invisible God Creator

Son is Jesus, Jehovah, Creator

Holy Spirit is God, another Comfortor, Creator

Hope that helps. As said, the JWs are not Christians. They twist a lot of scriptures to their own destruction. They are not allowed to post as believers on this board. Please, I beg you, avoid meeting with them for several years until you are better grounded in God's Word.

Once I prayed with one that the Holy Spirit would reveal God's truth to both of us, and while I was praying he was screaming "Who gave you the authority to do that?" It was weird.

Our God is One, united in 3 persons, Father Son Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

That's actually very helpful. Thank you Willa! :-)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

But don't you find it cult like how they have added their own book, written from their own profit or founder ? 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Their translation of the Bible is not a valid translation. It was revealed in court that the person who translated it knew no greek but just changed the sections that disagree with their theology. The first chapter of John stated that the Word was in the beginning with God and the Word was God. They changed it to say the Word was A god. There is a big difference.

They also believe that Jesus was just an angel. We believe that angels were created by God, not born of Him. Philippeans 2 tells how Jesus was once in the form of God but gave that up to come to us as a man.

Jesus was called God with Us, Immanuel, in Matthew 1. Thomas confessed Him as my Lord and my God when he put his hands in the risen Christ's sides and palms. Jesus claimed to be I AM in John 8. In Exodus 3 When God called Himself I Am in the burning bush, a few verses later He calls Himself Jehovah. So Jesus claimed to be Jehovah God, the I Am Who always existed and has no beginning and no end.

There are many references to the Father, and the Son both being God, and that the Lord our God is One God. The best reference to the Holy Spirit being God is when Annanirus and Sophria lied to the apostles, and they claimed that they had not lied to me but to God. As you become more familiar with the Holy Spirit you will recognize Him as also being God with us, the other Comfortor that Jesus asked the Father to send us. He is the same personality as Jesus, having the same values and mind as He and and the Father have. He came to reveal Jesus to us just as Jesus came to reveal the Father. He is the One Who is closer than a brother, Who is in us crying Daddy to our Father in Heaven, Who assures us we are His children.

Exodus 3:6, 14,15. Remember that whenever LORD is spelled in capitals, it is YHWH which is translated Jehovah by the Jehovah's witnesses. Here the God of Abraham claims to be I AM and Jehovah LORD!

John 8:58 Jesus claimed He existed as I AM (Jehovah) before Abraham was. That is why the Jews tried to stone Him for claiming to be Jehovah I AM in the next verse, claiming He had committed blasphemy.

Matthew 1:23 Jesus' name is called God With Us, Immanuel.

John 25:27-29 Thomas called Jesus his Lord and God

Acts 5:3-4 Satan filled their heart to lie to the Holy Spirit who is God.

Mark 14:36, Jesus prayed to His Father (Abba is Aramaic for Papa or Daddy) Matt. 9:6; John 17:5,

Deut 6:4 4:35, 39; 32:29 We worship One God

Being human beings, We can't fully understand how three persons we call God are in fact One God. While the word trinity is not found in scripture, it is taught throughout scripture. Even in Genesis the Spirit hovered over the deep in 1:2, and in 1:26 He said let US make man in OUR image. Colossians 1:15-16 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstBORN over all creation, for by Him all things were created--all things were created through Him and for Him.

Father is the invisible God Creator

Son is Jesus, Jehovah, Creator

Holy Spirit is God, another Comfortor, Creator

Hope that helps. As said, the JWs are not Christians. They twist a lot of scriptures to their own destruction. They are not allowed to post as believers on this board. Please, I beg you, avoid meeting with them for several years until you are better grounded in God's Word.

Once I prayed with one that the Holy Spirit would reveal God's truth to both of us, and while I was praying he was screaming "Who gave you the authority to do that?" It was weird.

Our God is One, united in 3 persons, Father Son Holy Spirit.

Wow , that is weird about the screaming thing while you were in prayer...that kind of tells us something...thanks for sharing