aboye

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone,I am new on this forum but never the less I'm impressed by the way and manner in which members treat challenges facing fellow christians and their contributions and words of encouragement thereto.

my own issue is on trusting God. I know the bible says I should trust the Lord at all times, but the question is should this trust be absolute or partial? By absolute I mean total surrender and by partial I meant even though you trust in the lord to see you through an ordeal you still work out things in your own way. What then should be the right approach to adopt when trusting in the lord.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi there, I'm new here too. I think God wants us to totally surrender.  I know it's hard, I have the same issues. I think he gives us free will, but if we learn to trust in him he will guide our paths therefor were not leaning on our own understanding, but his...............does that make sense? :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,174
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Trusting in the Lord is the way to allow God to work in you.

This is the way He will direct our path.

Proverbs 3

Trust in the Lord with All Your Heart

My son, do not forget my teaching,
    but let your heart keep my commandments,
for length of days and years of life
    and peace they will add to you.

Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you;
    bind them around your neck;
    write them on the tablet of your heart.
So you will find favor and good success[a]
    in the sight of God and man.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes;
    fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your flesh[b]
    and refreshment[c] to your bones.

Honor the Lord with your wealth
    and with the firstfruits of all your produce;
10 then your barns will be filled with plenty,
    and your vats will be bursting with wine.

11 My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline
    or be weary of his reproof,
12 for the Lord reproves him whom he loves,
    as a father the son in whom he delights.

Blessed Is the One Who Finds Wisdom

13 Blessed is the one who finds wisdom,
    and the one who gets understanding,
14 for the gain from her is better than gain from silver
    and her profit better than gold.
15 She is more precious than jewels,
    and nothing you desire can compare with her.
16 Long life is in her right hand;
    in her left hand are riches and honor.
17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness,
    and all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her;
    those who hold her fast are called blessed.

19 The Lord by wisdom founded the earth;
    by understanding he established the heavens;
20 by his knowledge the deeps broke open,
    and the clouds drop down the dew.

21 My son, do not lose sight of these—
    keep sound wisdom and discretion,
22 and they will be life for your soul
    and adornment for your neck.
23 Then you will walk on your way securely,
    and your foot will not stumble.
24 If you lie down, you will not be afraid;
    when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
25 Do not be afraid of sudden terror
    or of the ruin[d] of the wicked, when it comes,
26 for the Lord will be your confidence
    and will keep your foot from being caught.
27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,[e]
    when it is in your power to do it.

28 Do not say to your neighbor, “Go, and come again,
    tomorrow I will give it”—when you have it with you.
29 Do not plan evil against your neighbor,
    who dwells trustingly beside you.
30 Do not contend with a man for no reason,
    when he has done you no harm.
31 Do not envy a man of violence
    and do not choose any of his ways,
32 for the devious person is an abomination to the Lord,
    but the upright are in his confidence.
33 The Lord's curse is on the house of the wicked,
    but he blesses the dwelling of the righteous.
34 Toward the scorners he is scornful,
    but to the humble he gives favor.[f]
35 The wise will inherit honor,
    but fools get[g] disgrace.

Deuteronomy 6: 5

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your souo, and with all your might.

Relationships are based on trust.

The more trust you place in a relationship, the more you can allow it to grow.

In human relationships when trust is broken, it can be very difficult to regain it back.

Gods word is eternal,a fixed equation it cannot change.

God is light and in Him is no darkness at all 1 John 6

God does not break trust with us.

we break trust with  God by placing more trust in our self will or in the doubts of the ennemy.

The more trust we place in God, the more  He can work in and through us.

Proverbs 3:6 ESV / 22 helpful votes

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths

Romans 15:13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Psalm 28:7

The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.

Psalm 91:1-16

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day,

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not see

Romans 5:1

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 14:15

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

If you believe the Word of God written in the Holy Scriptures of the bible,

you have placed trust in that to be true.

By practicing what you know to be true from Holy Scripture, your trust and faith will grow.

as you see good results from practicing what you believe to be true

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Our surrender to Him should be absolute. Our trust should be absolute. But we still need to be moving in the direction of working things out under the general guidance of Scripture, but allow God to modify our behavior at any time.

For instance: years ago our house and drive way were within 10 feet of our neighbor's. He was a foul mouth drunken bully who continually cussed out our young kids when they took out the garbage. We turned the other cheek and went the extra mile, and allowed them to order us around till God told us that He wasn't being glorified by this. So I knocked on the door, the wife answered, and I told her that being a good neighbor goes both ways. That her husbands threats and verbal attacks on children were not being a good neighbor. He came into the room cussing me out and the Lord filled me with authority. I pointed my finger at him saying "The Lord bless you and keep you, The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord lift up His Continance upon you and give you peace. He turned on his heal and left the room muttering under his breath. They moved within a few months and divorsed.

I have had many times that the Lord stopped me from writing or speaking a thing. Usually I don't know why. He guides us with His eye.

When I do things in my own strength and wisdom I normally just get in God's way and mess things up. So I don't ask God to just bless what I am doing. I look for His guidance first in Scripture. I have also learned to ask when and to wait till I have peace in my heart about proceding. Sometimes it is very hard to discern God's will in a matter. Case in point might be Abe and Sara. They knew God would give them a son, but it wasn't happening. So Sara gave Abe her maid to produce a son. Ooops. Nothing but trouble for the Israelites to this day since Ishmael became the father of the nations that surround Israel today. It is best to let God do things in His way and in His time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings aboye

Welcome to Worthy,glad you are here & to God be the Glory!!

Yes,absolutely "absolute"..............I think it might be very encouraging to read the Book of Job,,,,,,,,I am sure you know the Story but when there is any shadow of doubt the ONE to run to is Our Father,the Father of Comfort .....and what is the best way to do that ,you may ask? Through His LIVING Word & of course prayer.But turning to His Word is "Hearing the Word" & Faith comes by hearing ,hearing the Word of God!!!!Where there is much faith ,there is Trust

Look at Job,he lost everything,he suffered terribly,,,,,,what could be more painful than losing all your children?The best part i s of course when God speaks to Job,that always straightens me out ,,,,,,especially when our Lord says......

King James Bible
Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.                                                                     Job 38:4

That always takes my breathe away,,,,,,,,,,,,,WOW,how could I ever doubt that anything in my little life could be too big for the ONE that holds the entire universe in the Palm of His Hand!!!!!

Dear Sister,ask our Father to draw you unto Himself,ask Him to reveal Himself,with all your heart............He wants a personal & intimate relationship with you because He loves you beyond compare..........the closer you are to Him ,the better you KNOW HIM,the more you know Him you will receive that Blessed Assurance that removes all doubt,,,,,,,,,,,,,that comes by complete surrender,dying to yourself or as they say"Let go & let God"

And yes,as you walk in Spirit & in Truth ,moving forward....He will lead you,guide you & instruct you "to work things out",,,,,,,,,,,,The more you decrease ,the more Christ can increase in you.......lean not on your own understanding(as Willa was describing ),,,,,,,,I agree with her 100%,Amen & Amen !!  I do hope we have helped tho encourage you to ......

It is best to let God do things in His way and in His time.                                                                                                                                 posted by Willa

Trust  God completely!!!!                                                                                                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17

Hello everyone,I am new on this forum but never the less I'm impressed by the way and manner in which members treat challenges facing fellow christians and their contributions and words of encouragement thereto.

my own issue is on trusting God. I know the bible says I should trust the Lord at all times, but the question is should this trust be absolute or partial? By absolute I mean total surrender and by partial I meant even though you trust in the lord to see you through an ordeal you still work out things in your own way. What then should be the right approach to adopt when trusting in the lord.

Through prayer and supplication. "In their hearts humans plan their course,

but the Lord establishes their steps" (Prov. 16:9 (NIV).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

All the above replies are wonderful,

A very good question and a very good replies,

Yes it is better we allow God to justify our trust in Him,in His own way,

rather than trying to help Him,

As Abraham did,and cause problem to his God promised children,

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord,and whose hope the Lord is,

Jeremiah 17:7"

As it is written"

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go:I will guide thee with my eye.

Psalm 32:8"

Trusting in the Lord,

you must be willing,obedient,patience,and be conversant with the word of God,

As it is written.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,and a light unto my path.

Psalm 119:105"

you need to ask God to empower you or to give you the grace to do His will and to live a godly life.

As it is written.

O thou that hearest prayer,unto thee shall all flesh come,

Psalm 65:2"

Jesus is Lord.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

By absolute I mean total surrender and by partial I meant even though you trust in the lord to see you through an ordeal you still work out things in your own way. What then should be the right approach to adopt when trusting in the lord.

As an addition to the above replies...

The more we become transformed by His Holy Spirit the more the Holy Spirit guides us to make the right decisions in life. It wasn't until I surrendered completely to Him that my life began to change for the better. My decisions went from being made out of my own mind, in which resulted in many bad decisions, to being made according to His guidance in which resulted in good decisions. This happens gradually as our spirit becomes transformed, and the transformation is made through "living" His word, and having a close relationship in the spirit with Him through prayer.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

If you're only going part way with God, then forget about it and go have some fun on your way to hell.

Each man and woman is called to give ALL to God.  Each follower of Christ is called to carry his or her cross.   It isn't fun and it isn't cool.   Sometimes it hurts, but it always seems to work out in the end.   Funny how good times don't do that.

Those who seek themselves and their own interests will eventually lose them.  Those that give all to Christ and the gospel will gain everything worthy of gain.

How many football teams won the Superbowl by only giving a percentage of effort?   The answer is zero, just in case you wanted to hedge your bets.

Why is it that secular people generally acknowledge that slackness leads to failure and that full dedication leads to success - but when it comes to trusting God chump change is ok?

When it comes time to be admitted into heaven, God will not judge by percentage.   He will admit those who gave ALL.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  18
  • Birthday:  11/18/1962

These are excellent scriptures so I want to share a personal testimony of God'so teaching me to trust Him. I was raised in a stern Pentecostal family where you had to in some ways please God to get His blessings. It was as if God was just waiting for me to mess up. I did not trust men nor God. So finally after battling God to demand that He do things my way in my time and failing miserably at it, I told God I would try it His way but I suffered trust issues with men, and God carries a male personification. God began to show me in small ways I could trust Him. Now I pastor and have learned in all things to trust Him. He will never leave me or forsake me. total submission is the only way. He will not accept a part time Christian.