angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

As I listened to the radio this week I notice somebody who was not a Christian, at least not that I know wondering in who we put our trust?

If you are honest can you say that your trust is for 100% in the Lord??

Who do we serve??

Angels--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pastor J. R. Wilhite, author

Psalms 40

Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

Matthew 6

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mamon.

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27. Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

If you have true faith in God, then you trust God and not the world. Things of the world and the world system itself will seem foolish. Definition of faith = total trust in, reliance on, and confidence in God.

Romans 8

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

No condemnation for those who trust in the Lord.

Philippians 3

Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

7. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

The ways of the flesh are death, lack, sickness, sadness, & foolishness.

The ways of the Spirit are the ways of God and can only be achieved by trusting in and relying on God, having confidence in all of God's ways, or faith.

To grow is to know God, because growth comes from constant revelations in the Spirit of God about God and who HE is.

Matthew 14

25. And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.

And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.

But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

And imediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

33. And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

As Peter started to walk on the water he was totally trusting the Lord and operating in the kingdom of God, but Satan (the world system) did its best to get Peter's eyes off the Lord and onto his surroundings instead, knowing that if he (Peter) noticed the wind he would doubt, and then sink and drown. Peter did just that; he took his eyes off the Lord and believed what he saw instead of what he was doing and he sank. But, Jesus pulled him out of his problem.

We need to walk in trust on the waters of our problems instead of them dictating to us how to live.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

I am honest...and I can say that I still struggle with this....I sometimes tend to lean on myself or on my husband when there are troubles...I have a habit of relying only on myself sometimes. But Praise God for it is getting better. I am learning that only by giving all my woes to God does anything constructive get done. I am nothing alone. Only if I trust Him do our hardtimes pass.

He also is teaching me to reach out to other brother and sisters in the Lord through this board...He is teaching me to share some of my problems and ask for prayer...not to bottle everything up.

I praise Him for leading me in the right direction...and for teaching me to listen.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Thanks for sharing... I know its so human our first reaction is not always the way we like to see it, we want to look first for a solution for our problems first and then when we don't know we often ask God instead of the other way around.

We could save ourself so much misery by going to God first and then trust He will give us a solution to our problem, He is waiting for us to trust us.

But of course He does not want us to sit around we have to work on it but with Gods help we will be all right.

We are tooo often of too little faith :thumbsup:

I'm not talking about money only.

Angels :emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

I think I pretty much trust God for everything.... but mostly because I have not faith in my own flesh, nor do I trust man very much either.

I love God, but sometimes I wonder if I trust Him so much because I have eliminated everything else. Only He is faithful...period

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GarySaved

I would like to say I trust God in everything, but I would be a liar if I did.

I know God is in charge, and nothing will happen to me without His O.K.

There are too many forces rallied against me. I usually try to do it myself. When I start to see trouble I will not be able to handle, I try to bring God into it.

I like to think that I am getting better at asking for God's help with more and more of life's small issues, so that I will ask for it before letting things get out of hand.

I guess I am still a work-in-progress. I can only pray I am finished when Jesus comes to get me.

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

If any one asked me if I have faith in God my answer would be yes, I do have faith. I trust Him completely. Even though that answer would automaticly come from my heart I know that it's not true. God keeps showing me things in my life that I haven't trusted Him with. I don't know why theres a part of me that I'm keeping from Him, but I'm trusting in Jesus that one day I will be able to stand and say yes I trust God completely and it will be true. :thumbsup:

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

I know that He is for me and not against me, and as I get older I will trust Him, more and more.

Yomo. :thumbsup::wub:

Guest Thomas I believe

It all begins with Him ! We must get out of ourselves. Only by His mighty power can we go forward in this life. All the adversarys of this world would like to take us down and defeat us. Our flesh (ourselves is one of our worst enemies). We must everyday get on our knees and thank Him who loves us so much and know that the strength we need can only come from Him. Even as I type this the Lord is confirming to me His great love and reassuring all of us that we are under His care forever, saved by His Blood and let us not stumble but go forward in confidence as He is always there. We must give all of our life to Him. We can't hold back any of self, for that will be our undoing. We must die to ourselves. See (John 12 24:26) Lord help us to die to ourselves and trust you in all matters how big or small. Lord strengthen us as we call out to You. Lord we love You and need Your help, for we are but growing children and You are the teacher. Lord we praise You today and forevermore. Lord we celebrate You in our lives !! Thank You Jesus. :blink:

Angel, We can only put our trust in Him and thats where I place my trust. Plain and simple. But unfortanetly self gets in there too. Just got to focus on Him !! This study topic has touched me and God has been speaking to me while I have been typing. Thanks Angel :blink:

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

As I listened to the radio this week I notice somebody who was not a Christian, at least not that I know wondering in who we put our trust?

If you are honest can you say that your trust is for 100% in the Lord??

Who do we serve?? 

Angels--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pastor J. R. Wilhite, author

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think if we are honest, not one of us can truly say we trust God 100%. I think we like to think we do and perhaps that is certainly our goal. But, to make a claim of 100% seems to me like the verse in the Bible where it says to "take heed if you think you stand lest you fall." We are not to think too highly of ourselves nor are we to think too lowly ourselves. We are to think of ourselves with sober judgment. We are to see ourselves as Jesus sees us - sinners saved by grace.

I believe I have a very close walk with God. I serve him with my heart, mind and soul. But, daily he shows me how much of me still needs to come to the cross of Christ, and I imagine it will be that way until the day I die or until the day he comes to take me home to be with him. I know with all my heart I want to obey him in every aspect of my life. I seek his face daily. I spend many hours in prayer and in the word each day. But, I would hesitate to make a claim of 100% lest he show me what percent I am still lacking - lest I fall.

Sue