Amen! I do agree with you on this, 100%

;)

Yomo

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ang357pat

I agree to make the statement that i trust him 100 % leaves me open to satan for a fall and soon. I used to say i gave him everything but he showed quickly where i was wrong. I am a evangelist i preach in the prsion system and one of my testimonies is that on particular year my daughters needed coats and I sold parts of my body to a dirty old man so that they could have coats for the winter time but you see if i had really been giving everything to him i would not have done this. Jesus had to convict of me of my sin and show me where i had fallen to show me he could have supplied those coats had i brought the request to him. From that point on I had to started visualizing taking my request as though they were presents wrapped in a box in my mind and laying them at his altar and turning around leaving them never to touch them again. You see just saying lord i give this to you was not enough i had to visualize climb up to his throne laying it down and then walking away. To me i really felt i had not given it to him by just saying "i give this to lord". Afterward i could say to my self "i did give it to him" becuase in my minds eye i saw my self do just that. Now what i'm dealing with most is trying to come back and pick up what I have gave to him. I have daughters and i say to them i can't help you but in side all the time i am trying to see how God will still let me help them and this is picking the gift back up that i laid at his feet. So I am dealing with this issue as of right now.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

If you are honest can you say that your trust is for 100% in the Lord??

I always thought that I put my trust in God, but a couple of months ago I realize that I definetly don't put all trust in God. I am a worrier...I worry about everything. Do people like me? Will I do a good job teaching our Bible study group? I hear an ambulace...is my wife hurt?

I didn't realize this, but in essence I have been sinning against God.

The Bible says "...for whatsoever is not of faith is sin." Romans 14:23

I have been getting better in not worrying about things because that means that I don't really believe that God is going to take care fo me.

Then I look at how He has led me in the past and so I can look at my present situation and know that God is still in control.

So the answer is no. I don't put all my trust but God is showing me through trials and tribulations that in order to make it in these last days I have to put 100% trust in him.

Thanks for reading guys...and God bless! :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  279
  • Birthday:  12/30/1965

If you are honest can you say that your trust is for 100% in the Lord??

I pray all the time that I can learn to fully trust in the Lord. Honestly I find myself falling short very often. Life has been hard and often I worry about tomorrow. I think I worry more because I have kids and am conserned that I can not provide for them. I know what it's like to feel the physical pang of hunger that can not be met, the strangeness of having noplace to call home, and I never want my kids to feel it. So far they haven't had to. Although God blesses me with employment, food on the table, a roof over our head, and clothing on our bodies, I think that I still doubt sometimes. Why else would I worry about tomorrow? I know I place a lot more trust in the Lord than I had at one time, but 100%, I'm afraid not. :noidea:

Edited by Imamom

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I pray all the time that I can learn to fully trust in the Lord.  Honestly I find myself falling short very often.  Life has been hard and often I worry about tomorrow.  I think I worry more because I have kids and am conserned that I can not provide for them.  I know what it's like to feel the physical pang of hunger that can not be met, the strangeness of having noplace to call home, and I never want my kids to feel it.  So far they haven't had to.  Although God blesses me with employment, food on the table, a roof over our head, and clothing on our bodies, I think that I still doubt sometimes.  Why else would I worry about tomorrow?  I know I place a lot more trust in the Lord than I had at one time, but 100%, I'm afraid not.    :24:

Hi Imamom,

Its so human to want to take care of things by ourself first.

But if we can't trust God, why believe in Him at all?

Is He only for the good times?

God wants us to trust Him and He want us to give Him first place in our life,

He's always there to help us.......... try to give your burden to Him. that's what He wants ,He wants to take care of your burden.

Life will be so much better and we can't change anything by worrying.

There is a difference in healthy concern about things and worry, worry makes us sick and depressed and all the things we worry for might not happen!

Why not start trusting Him again like you did ones....why are you afraid to give Him 100% of your trust??

He's the King, He's your Father and everything belongs to Him including you!

Love in Christ,Angels :noidea:

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  279
  • Birthday:  12/30/1965

But if we can't trust God, why believe in Him at all?

Is He only for the good times?

Actually in the past it is the difficult times that have drawn me to look to God. I think that in good times often people have a tendency to place God on the back burner.

Life will be so much better and we can't change anything by worrying.

There is a difference in healthy concern about things and worry, worry makes us sick and depressed and all the things we worry for might not happen!

This is exactly what I have been learning. There are things in my power that I am capable of changing ane there are things out of my power that I have no control over. I know what it is to worry myself sick. Does this mean that my worry is now considered healthy concern since I no longer make myself sick over it? Is that the difference? That sure would make me feel better as far as my walk with God is concerned.

Why not start trusting Him again like you did ones....why are you afraid to give Him 100% of your trust??

The fact of the matter is that I don't think that I did trust God 100% ever. That is why I am learning to do this. Although I grew up in church (my mom took me) I strayed alot. Due to straying certain circumstances arose and life has been real tough. (Do not take this as whining because this is what is causing me to seek so much more avidly). I had been back and forth in my faith over many years and a few years back decided that there is only one way. Gods way. I gave up my burdens to the Lord but often found myself taking them back. This was a long, hard to learn lesson to not take things back once given to God. Eventhough life is still tough, I have learned to accept it. But due to irreversible decisions that I had made in the past, I have obstacles to climb over regularly.

I don't concern myself with myself, per se. The ones I concern myself with are my kids and my insecurities of being able to provide adequately for them. Insecurity (is this a key word?) Doesn't that mean that I don't trust 100% or is this healthy concern? My kids have never had to do without the basic necessities, they have been cared for. Why am I still feeling insecure? Do I trust more than I think I do? Perhaps one can shed some light on this for me. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

As Peter started to walk on the water he was totally trusting the Lord and operating in the kingdom of God, but Satan (the world system) did its best to get Peter's eyes off the Lord and onto his surroundings instead, knowing that if he (Peter) noticed the wind he would doubt, and then sink and drown. Peter did just that; he took his eyes off the Lord and believed what he saw instead of what he was doing and he sank. But, Jesus pulled him out of his problem.

This is one of my favorite illustrations in the Bible. You see, for a person like me who was once bound to fear that kept me from trusting God completely, it shows just how secure we can be if we keep our eyes on the Savior. Our lack of trust usually stems from pride (we can handle it ourselves) or fear/worry (we're afraid to let go). It's been my experice that I can't handle things on my own. It's also been my experience that fear and worry are a tool of Satan to keep us from giving of ourselves fully to God. He doesn't want us to see that when we give all that fear and worry to God and crawl in His lap that there is peace and freedom that makes us fall even more in love with Him. Satan wants to keep us from realizing that God is everything that He says He is. God always has our best interest at heart regardless of how difficult the circumstance is.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

The Lord serves me for all of eternity because he died for my sins. I try to serve him but I do fall short sometimes. I wish I was a 100%er as some others are here but in truth....I'm not. I wish I was but I am a spiritual duffus. The Lord serves us.

Jesus said,

• 1 month later...
Guest stranger
I serve the Lord Jesus Christ 100%

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes indeed, so many forget this aspect , thta it is god's decison to whom the spirit is given, how much and when, and it is god's decision who will be strongly deluded and go through death before knowing his truth :-

2 Thess 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory

BUT we ALL serve God's purpose, even those who die in sin ... and Jesus is saviour of all men and all creation :-

Rom 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s.

9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

1 Timothy 4:10 ... we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men...

Revelation 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

All I can say that I love the Lord Jesus cause He loved me first,I serve Him( LORD,HELP ME,pleaze) and in HIM,THE FATHER,THE SON,THE HOLY GHOST and HIS WORD I PUT my trust.

LOVE in JESUS :)