Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Early in Obama's presidency, he made many trips outside of the country. He made speeches in Germany and other countries, and to me it sounded like he was campaigning to be the leader of multiple countries. I thought it very strange that he was playing for populartity in Europe, and the Muslim middle east. Actually, he has done more to gain the good will of the people over seas then in the U.S. In the U.S., he has been very divisive, just about declaring conservatives to be the enemy. Rather the represent and work for all people, he has been very selective about who he works for, while demonizing the 'religious right'. He comes close to calling the religious right terrorists, while accepting members of other organizations which have been declared as terrorists with key roles in his administration. 

I have a very low view of politicians who polarize the people in the U.S. We have a growing polarization which has been egged on by politicians.

On the other hand, Bush wanted to appear strong and powerful to the people in the U.S.. So much so that he was frightening to Europe. He strong armed European leaders and gained the ill will of the people in Europe. His popularity in Europe was very very low. Obamas is slipping but is still higher in Europe then in the U.S.

I think it is a shame that the U.S. did not send a representative to France, in solidarity and support against terrorism.   That was just plain stupid. The U.S. has experienced terrorist attacks and knows what it is like, so the U.S. should have been there to support France.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

While it's not the best source , ( see section Western world and rest of The World) 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_September_11_attacks

Not to mention the 46 countries that deployed troupes and lost troupes in Afghanistan.

Your country was not left alone.  

Thank you NCN but if military participation in the war against terror is the judge then compared to other countries, the U.S. and Obama has nothing to apologize for.  Take a look at the who's in and who's out list in the response to ISIS barbarianism.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/23/world/meast/syria-airstrikes-countries-involved/

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

It's not shocking, but it is embarrassing.  It's a good example of why we have lost so much respect as a nation.

Embarrassing is a word I will put on it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

i'm not surprised either. i think he didn't want to go because he's supportive of the terrorists. that's just my opinion. regardless of what the reason is, it shows a lack of class and a total lack of respect.

Oh yes,that is what I was thinking.Him being Muslim.

Guest shiloh357

This president is a complete disgrace.   He can't bring himself to admit that Islamic terrorists are, in fact, Islamic terrorists.    The rally in France would have been a tacit show of solidarity with France against Islamic terrorism and that is something the president cannot bring himself to admit exists.   He likes riding in Air force One  and he has the luxury of running to the golf course, or to a fundraiser when he has to do something that bears any semblance to governing.

What really stinks in all this is that even Mahoud Abbas the leader of the terrorist organization called "Fatah (PLO),"  a man who is a holocaust denier and is unfit to even be included in the human race had the nerve to show up at a rally against Islamic terrorism.   But, President of the United States, the leader of the free world,  a Nobel Peace Prize winner no less, can't show up at a rally to stand in solidarity with the world against Islamic terrorism. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

either did our pm i thought at least our pm would have traveled and shown support due to what happened in the siege not sure how true this is but this is what i am reading

According to an administration official, President Obama spent part of his Sunday afternoon watching a National Football league game  on television. Both games were broadcast hours after the march.

Guest shiloh357

Yes, I have heard more than one person speculate that he was home watching the football playoffs.  I think Denver was playing yesterday.

Guest shiloh357

It is rather humorous watching the administration try, in vain, to sputter up a good excuse for why the president wasn't there.  I was also amused that even liberal media outlets were questioning why the president was absence.  Here is a rare occasion where no one in the liberal media is able to run interference for the president and his moral indifference to Islamic terrorism.  Not even they can justify his actions on this one.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

maybe he was simply afraid to go...   

maybe he was simply afraid to go...   

afraid because......?

if i were to answer that, i'd probably say he may have been afraid to go because it would offend the people he tacitly supports. but i'm curious as to what you think he could have been afraid of.

how's your neck?