Sign in to follow this  
Keith

Key Lime Pie. Because Women Matter.

i dont think it has been asked or answered Mega and you bring up a valid point. what does keylime pie have to do with women ?

Excuse me if this has already been asked and answered . . . 

but the title has in it . . . 

"because women matter"!

I missed somehow, what it is in the recipe, that has anything to do with women specifically, or how you would change the recipe, for someone who thought that women didn't matter. I am not that into sexist recipes, the the title got me curious!

i dont think it has been asked or answered Mega and you bring up a valid point. what does keylime pie have to do with women ?

Where I come from, this is a favored dessert among women.  I titled it that way to make it whimsical.  Just like I did with Man Cookies (because they have bacon in them.)

Jadey loves key lime pie. And women do matter. We need our little bits of happiness lol.

Excuse me if this has already been asked and answered . . . 

but the title has in it . . . 

"because women matter"!

I missed somehow, what it is in the recipe, that has anything to do with women specifically, or how you would change the recipe, for someone who thought that women didn't matter. I am not that into sexist recipes, the the title got me curious!

Where I come from, this is a favored dessert among women.  I titled it that way to make it whimsical.  Just like I did with Man Cookies (because they have bacon in them.)

Did you mention bacon?  :madgrin:

I made this Key Lime Pie this week and everyone thought it was divine and it didn't last long.  This receipe is a keeper for me and it is so easy and quick to make which I like "quick".

I was wondering if I substituted lemons in place of the limes it would turn out the same except it would be Lemon Pie instead.  You have gotten my creative mind going thanks for sharing this with us I appreciate it.

I am really going to try and find some key limes and try this pie.It sounds delicious.

Openly Curious - I'm so glad you liked it!  Wasn't it the easiest pie you've ever made?  So quick.  As for lemon, yes!  I've done this.  My favorite?  Grapefruit.  I'm crazy for grapefruit.  Next, I want to try orange, or even a combination of flavors.  I'm with you when it comes to getting creative.  It's fun to experiment with flavors.

bopeep1909 - I wish I could send you some key limes.  Even here in Minnesota, grocery stores carry them. 

Just in case someone likes to have eggs in the pie instead of sour cream.

Martha Stewart key lime pie recipe with eggs instead of sour cream

4 egg yokes

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1Tblsp key lime zest

1/2 cup key lime juice

whisk together and pour into pie crust of choice, (graham or meringue crust or other.)

Bake at 325F until center is set 15-20 min.

The egg whites can be used for a regular meringue topping or Swiss  meringue topping or a meringue crust recipe

Prefer the sour cream version ...sounds better. Hope to try it soon !

The one thing I do not have is key limes....regular yes..

Options are always good because preferences differ dramatically.  As for me, I'm just flat out allergic to Martha Stewart.

Sign in to follow this