Sign in to follow this  
Keith

Key Lime Pie. Because Women Matter.

I've been looking for this picture and finally found it.  It's a Key Lime Pie I made from this recipe.

KeyLimePie_zps6687bd8c.jpeg

I've been looking for this picture and finally found it.  It's a Key Lime Pie I made from this recipe.

KeyLimePie_zps6687bd8c.jpeg

WHOA!That is gorgeous.

I found a store that has key limes  :clap: .They were out at the moment but said they will have some more in shortly.The guy said that a key lime is smaller than the regular lime.

Oh Joe it has to be the real KEY LIMES.....yep....for sure.

She's a purist, Joe.  I can understand that, especially since I used to be one for a few years myself.  There's a certain satisfaction that comes from the authenticity of a dish.  If I come across a particular recipe, from a different era, I still like to try to make it exactly as it was made then.  At least once.  But, personally, I've been cooking for so long now, and created enough of my own recipes, that I've come to know when it's "worth" being a purist and when it's not.  Most of the time, today's shortcuts and substitutes don't subtract from the quality of the final dish.  But, like I said, that's just me. 

Thanks!  Here's a Special Bonus Prize for you...

Freeze the pie in individual slices and eat it right out of the freezer!  It's the pie that keeps on giving...

Sign in to follow this