Budman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I'm 76 years old, and I have learned to love any music that praises and or glorifies God. I have always loved music, and had a hard time with acid rock, and rap music, but when I watched some of the kids worship Him with their own style of music, it dawned on me that it isn't the style it's the worship, so I have learned to love all Christian music that glorifies God. Took some time and work of The Holy Spirit in me but I got there. Now I can say I love all Christian music.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/02/1983

I like them all... although a lean more towards the new stuff. Personally, rather its modern songs or not, i enjoy singing acapella. Its beautiful to hear people in the church of christ singing :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I like sincere lyrics and honest worship. I hate "performances" and often get annoyed by "special music" too. Worship is not a spectator sport. You shouldn't gather in a building to watch ppl play/sing music and call it "worship". That's a concert. Worship is an experience, it requires participation..it's an offering. I like a good mix of music styles, personally. But I'm more concerned with the spirit in which it's offered than I am the music itself.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

when I watched some of the kids worship Him with their own style of music, it dawned on me that it isn't the style it's the worship, so I have learned to love all Christian music that glorifies God. Took some time and work of The Holy Spirit in me but I got there.

Well said! :emot-hug:

warm regards

-bud

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Koodoz to what Tess said! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I like both. I used to only like this type or that type but now I listen and enjoy most types. Of course then there is opera. Who understands that. But heck, I'm even starting to accept country music!

Guest hubertdorm

I prefer the hymns. The musical organization and vocal parts are very developed. The language of the lyrics are intelligent and perceptive.

Contemporary worship/praise music can produce very wonderful melody and harmony, and the words are certainly sincere, but................................... :thumbsup:

The vocabulary and depth of the lyrics in contemporary music is rarely anything brilliant. Sometimes the artists force lines to fit with their tempo, and you can tell when they are desperate to find a word that rhymns. Many of the songs are passe, too often are identical lines used in different songs.

I have my problems with certain hymns, they aren't ALL great, but in general, I find them on a level that contemporary music can only dream to touch right now.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I love all kinds of music. I love the praise and worship during the morning worship, I think it really helps to personalize and literally bring a person into worship. I also love the hymns. I love it when my husband and I take trips. During the drive we sing most of the way, harmonizing, and when we are with his family, it is melodious! I love it.

I love R&B and Rap too. I am Glad that God blessed some great Christians with some magnificient talent to offer some really great Christian alternatives.

Now country music, still working on that one, not going to be an easy sell. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

For the most part i like the old hymnas.I love the southern gospel too.The Hoppers have a new one out called :Jersulem" that will send chills up your back.