• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1994

Hello friends

I am a 21 yr old person doing graduation.I am a born again Christian yet like everybody else i too have spiritual struggles.

So Since the last few months i have been seeking an accountability partner with whom i can do regular bible study as well. But I have been unable to find someone from my church. Besides i m seeking a female partner preferably because pastors advise us to have accountability partners of the same gender. Yet any brother in Christ is welcome. I really hope sincere christians seeking fr partners like me will respond .this is a very important thing for me.So please do consider if you need it too.God bless you all.Thank u.

Edited by Mercy777

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Blessings to you,

Saw your post,and wanted to commend you,for taking this faithful step,

And ,I will keep you in prayer,for another accountable,faithful,study partner.

In Christ,(7Dove77

don't give up finding one in church. or at least someone local to you. having an accountability partner online isn't always effective... too much wiggle room with anonymity. how have you gone about seeking one in your church? are you seeking an accountability partner only within a certain group? the Bible has much to say about older women teaching younger women, and for good reason... older women have already been through everything you are going through. i know it's hard to imagine (at 21) that some 50+ year old who is married and old and fat and has grandkids could ever possibly relate to anything you're going through, but trust me... the exact opposite is true. they've had experience and have gained insight and wisdom, and are also much more likely to be able to instinctively understand what you may find hard to talk about, or even be able to wrap your own head around. so if you haven't given the older women in your church much thought as an accountability partner, rethink it. they would actually be much more adequate than anyone near your own age.

• Group:  Members

No i would really be glad to have an older servant of Christ with me. yet its not possible to have an accountability partner from my church mainly because of the social circles..my mom knows most of the women.besides ours is not a very big church. I did try but no one seems much interested. Howevr please keep praying for me. I am also gonna pray fr His guidance.

yeah, i guess it would be hard to trust someone who was friends with your mom to not share things with her. have you considered looking for a different church? you might also check out a site called meetup.com and search for women's bible study groups in your area, and try getting to know women outside the church. but sure, i'll keep you in prayer!

No i would really be glad to have an older servant of Christ with me. yet its not possible to have an accountability partner from my church mainly because of the social circles..my mom knows most of the women.besides ours is not a very big church. I did try but no one seems much interested. Howevr please keep praying for me. I am also gonna pray fr His guidance.

I'm a guy, and an old drug addict that only Jesus could clean up. :)

I also am a member of small church, and the limited social circle can be a problem. I would suggest finding another church, say where you can go to some bible studies or other activities during the week so you can get to know some other believers. This will widen the field a bit - and you don't have to give up your "main" church on Sundays. Though its also possible the Lord may want you to get involved in another congregation also. Much of that will be sorted out in prayer and waiting on the Lord.

I make the suggestion because it took me about a year and a half to find the church I go to now, and its pretty small. It was also part of a denomintation that I'd never heard of - so don't get hung up on denominations either. Go where the Lord wants you, even if others don't understand.

Thank u so much Dove, and LadyC and Walla fr all the help and concern..yes yes m gonna follow the advice that u both gave me.. If God provides me a help its great.Or else i will need strength from Him to manage without one. I really dont know whethr He wants this or not.His will be done.

Edited by Mercy777

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Hello friends

I am a 21 yr old person doing graduation.I am a born again Christian yet like everybody else i too have spiritual struggles.

So Since the last few months i have been seeking an accountability partner with whom i can do regular bible study as well. But I have been unable to find someone from my church. Besides i m seeking a female partner preferably because pastors advise us to have accountability partners of the same gender. Yet any brother in Christ is welcome. I really hope sincere christians seeking fr partners like me will respond .this is a very important thing for me.So please do consider if you need it too.God bless you all.Thank u.

I have moved your thread to this forum which is more suited for your topic. 

God Bless , 

Nigel 

thank u

• 4 weeks later...
Guest whitneyjay

Hey mercy777! I'm a 22 year old female who's world got rocked just two years ago this month by our Savior :) I do agree with the given advice of the others. Involve yourself with the Church that He provided for you. You can do this attending bible studies (any age group), different events held by other churches, etc. Even if you don't find someone your age initially, that's ok. You can learn so much from our elders. I definitely encourage you to seek face to face interactions with other believers around you. In addition to that.. I do believe we have an incredible opportunity before us all with easy communication over the web! This is exactly why I registered for this website! I have been looking for one as well. Possibly even a small group. :)