• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

Here is the Word:

2 Thess. 2

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

As I read this, I began to wonder, "where was it that Paul had already talked about this? I didn't know, so I asked the Lord to show me. He did!

Do any of you know where Paul had already spoken of this revealing of the lawless one? I wanted to share it with you, but first please study the passages above.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Thumbs Up 1

me to Suzanne, I searched and have foung a couple of scriptures referring to the comming of the Lord..........but please do share!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member

I'm really not trying to be difficult, :emot-hug:, I just need to have sufficient time to post on this one, and I haven't yet, but hopefully I will today after my school Bible study! (sure could use your prayers!)

Not to mention I'm currently sitting here trying to teach long division to my son, so it's not conducive to BIG posting. :emot-hug:

Thanks!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really not trying to be difficult, :emot-hug:, I just need to have sufficient time to post on this one, and I haven't yet, but hopefully I will today after my school Bible study!  (sure could use your prayers!)

Not to mention I'm currently sitting here trying to teach long division to my son, so it's not conducive to BIG posting.  :emot-hug:

Thanks!

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i will be praying for you! :emot-hug:

I'm really not trying to be difficult, :emot-hug:, I just need to have sufficient time to post on this one, and I haven't yet, but hopefully I will today after my school Bible study!

I'm really not trying to be difficult, :emot-hug:, I just need to have sufficient time to post on this one, and I haven't yet, but hopefully I will today after my school Bible study!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  18

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

tsth...

Do any of you know where Paul had already spoken of this revealing of the lawless one? I wanted to share it with you, but first please study the passages above.

2Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

That is the closest I am aware of at the moment...I feel as if I have overlooked some Scripture and am also keen to hear what G-d has revealed to you. :emot-hug:

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry all, now that I've been sidetracked for a couple of days, I made sure I was up early enough this morning to have the time to post on this.l Now, having said that, I am afraid that this will be a let down. I truly hope not and I stop now to pray that I can convey exactly how this was conveyed to me in terms of it making sense typed out.....................

Making sense of the times.

Before I start, I have to say that a couple of days ago, I saw something that confirmed this Word as well. It was on Oprah, where she had various people/families who had gone through this tsunami, and friends of "Nate" her gay friend designer, who had lost his loved one in the Tsunami. I caught the last 20 minutes or so, of the program. It was VERY moving (now hang on, don't run off yet) let me finish. :blink: I even began to tear a little as I was moved with compassion for the hurt and pain of these various people who had gone through this catastrophe. As I watched it, it was a very loving program that these people all came together during this catastrophe, and they set up various things to help during this time, they also talked about this gay man Nate, and how loving he was and how they wanted to lift him up and help him now, during his time of loss. The tone of the show was, we are people who will pull together during a crisis, we will love, and we will make it. There was a moment where Oprah asked Nate, how he was making it through this time of loss, of course he replied, through his various close friends and wonderful family, etc. At the end of the program, the accolades went out from Oprah's mouth, about how the spirit of people can work together and will "MAKE IT!" There was no mention of God in any of this, there was no reliance upon our Creator, nor any hint of calling out to Him, by the end of the program their boasting of humanity was great. What money and things that mankind could provide for one another! They had NO NEED FOR GOD! They had all that they needed. They did not need to rely upon the power of God, the glory of the Lord. I was left with these passages of Scriptures on my mind:

Isaiah 57

10 You grew weary from your many wanderings, but you did not say, "It is useless." You found your desire rekindled, and so you did not weaken. 11 Whom did you dread and fear so that you lied, and did not remember me or give me a thought? Have I not kept silent and closed my eyes, and so you do not fear me? 12 I will concede your righteousness and your works, but they will not help you.

13 When you cry out, let your collection of idols deliver you! The wind will carry them off, a breath will take them away. But whoever takes refuge in me shall possess the land and inherit my holy mountain.

The people have turned to created things rather than the Creator. This is what is taking place before our eyes. This is what is being revealed now. A new thing, a new spirit has crept in, even within the church. The church has gloried in what it's own hands have made, rather than the Creator/God Himself. We have turned to our own makings/idols. We worship our grand buildings, our 40 Days Programs, our Christian Rock Bands, our Praise Teams, our grand Christmas Pageants, all the wonderful things that our hands have made, have become the focus, whether or not we want to acknowledge it! We have a massive church building on every corner, or we're in the process of building one right now. For all the mega churches and beautiful adornments within them, there is NO FRUIT bearing within our nation. It is false, it is show and it is man's own creations that man is worshipping.

Now, here are the texts of the Word of the Lord that I originally mentioned and what was revealed from them, (if you're still with me on this one :thumbsup: )

2 Thess. 2

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Here is where we must take note. We must realize the strong delusion, the lie, and unrighteousness.

To understand, we go back to the letter to the Romans that Paul wrote. I now realize that this letter was to the Romans, and I am assuming that Paul must have written as well to the other churches regarding this issue, because of his statement proclaiming to have already spoken to them about it. I may be wrong, but I know that the Lord revealed the similarities in my quiet time and I see the connection. We have to think about today's church, and the deception that has now crept in, and the "lawlessness" that is now taking place, even within the new programs and teachings. There is a void of the Word and teaching on "sin", that would be "lawlessness", wouldn't you agree? Now as we take these passages that I am going to post below, we have to think of the new movement of today's church, and whether or not there has been an "exchanging" of sorts:

I start with this verse from the passages within Psalms first:

Psalms 106:11 The waters covered their adversaries; not one of them was left. 12 Then they believed his words; they sang his praise.

13 But they soon forgot his works; they did not wait for his counsel. 14 But they had a wanton craving in the wilderness, and put God to the test in the desert; 15 he gave them what they asked, but sent a wasting disease among them. 16 They were jealous of Moses in the camp, and of Aaron, the holy one of the Lord. 17 The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan, and covered the faction of Abiram. 18 Fire also broke out in their company; the flame burned up the wicked. 19 They made a calf at Horeb and worshiped a cast image. 20 They exchanged the glory of God for the image of an ox that eats grass. 21 They forgot God, their Savior, who had done great things in Egypt, 22 wondrous works in the land of Ham, and awesome deeds by the Red Sea.

Has this thing not happened again? Have the people forgotten the Lord God's power!!!

Now to the letter in Romans 1 and 2

Romans 1

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of those who by their wickedness suppress the truth.

19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse; 21 for though they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their senseless minds were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools; 23 and they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling a mortal human being or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles.

This is what is now taking place!

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the degrading of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

What about the church? What does the church worship now? The Word of God/Jesus? Or do we worship "our worship"??? Has it become what our own hands have made?

We'd better be careful, because we can/will be deceived if we exchange God's Glory for something else! And just as one Oprah, it will look loving and good, but it will be a deception.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind and to things that should not be done. 29 They were filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, craftiness, they are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, rebellious toward parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 They know God's decree, that those who practice such things deserve to die

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry all, now that I've been sidetracked for a couple of days, I made sure I was up early enough this morning to have the time to post on this.l Now, having said that, I am afraid that this will be a let down. I truly hope not and I stop now to pray that I can convey exactly how this was conveyed to me in terms of it making sense typed out.....................

No need to be sorry. It was worth waiting for. In truth you have given the reason and the action. :thumbsup:

In CHRIST JESUS :blink::24::24::24:

:24: