• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/24/1975

2 Corinthians 5:21Amplified Bible (AMP) 21 For our sake He made Christ [virtually] to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become [[a]endued with, viewed as being in, and examples of] the righteousness of God [what we ought to be, approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him, by His goodness]

Amen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

It is speaking of our pride and self, the flesh life being broken so that the contents of our earthen vessels, the Person of Jesus, might be seen in us. Watchman Nee wrote a small book on this that I read at a time that I was going through some hard trials. It helped me to understand what God was doing in my life at that time.

2 Cor. 4:6-11 NKJV

For it is God who commanded light to shine out of the darkness, Who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not us. We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed but not in dispair; persecuted but not forsaken; struck down but not destroyed--always carrying about in our bodies the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus might also be manifested in our body.

While I am His adopted child, and I choose to be His bond servent.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Yes, we're not perfect, and yes we have no righteousness of our own... but if after the death of our lord, and after we accept him as Lord and Savior we still remain sinners... what then is the point of His death?

Exactly. If we have to wait until we die to be free from sin, then Jesus is not our savior, death is.

I believe when Jesus gives us His righteousness, that makes us righteous. He gave us His Spirit to live in us and empower us to live it out.

If someone gives you a gift, it's yours. Jesus gave us the gift of righteousness, it's ours.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Romans 5:17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

We were sinners, we all fell short of the glory, Jesus came to restore us back into the image we were created to be, to bring us back into that glory (John 17). He is the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world! He paid for my sins and gave e His righteousness so I can be righteous. I have potential to sin, but that is not who I am, I am born again, a new creation in Him. The old man is dead, who I am is hidden completely in Him. Romans 6, Col 3:3.  I have permission from God to believe that I am dead to sin and alive in Him. (Rom 6:11).

Our capacity to sin does not make us a sinner, Adam and Eve sinned and they were not created sinners. They had free will and the ability to believe a lie. We have free will and we can believe the lies that we are still the old man, or believe what God says about us, put to death the deeds of the old man and live as the new man to demonstrate what His righteousness looks like to the world around us.

Guest shiloh357

The Bible doesn't say we are made righteous.  It says that righteousness is imputed to us, credited to our account for a future time.   We are looking forward to the time when we will be made righteous.  But that will not be until we receive our future glorified bodies.  That is part of our future inheritance.

It is important to understand that we are set free from the dominion and condemnation of sin, but not from the effects of sin.  We are redeemed from the curse of the law, but we are not yet redeemed from the curse of the fall.   Were we redeemed from the fall, our bodies would not die.  As it is we are still susceptible to physical death, sickness, disease and injury. It is important that we not overstate and make a lot of claims that the Bible doesn't make about us at this present time. 

Salvation occurs in stages and we need to make sure we have a clear understanding about which stage we are in at a given time. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

The Bible doesn't say we are made righteous.  It says that righteousness is imputed to us, credited to our account for a future time.   We are looking forward to the time when we will be made righteous.  But that will not be until we receive our future glorified bodies.  That is part of our future inheritance.

It is important to understand that we are set free from the dominion and condemnation of sin, but not from the effects of sin.  We are redeemed from the curse of the law, but we are not yet redeemed from the curse of the fall.   Were we redeemed from the fall, our bodies would not die.  As it is we are still susceptible to physical death, sickness, disease and injury. It is important that we not overstate and make a lot of claims that the Bible doesn't make about us at this present time. 

Salvation occurs in stages and we need to make sure we have a clear understanding about which stage we are in at a given time. 

:) That is where I joyfully disagree, who I am is who i am born again, not the old man. My body will be restored when Christ returns, and it will die as a result from the fall, I agree with you there, but there is something about His Spirit living in us that changes us, it changes our nature, it changes our hearts.That is who we are, a new creation. We died, our lives are hidden in Him. If God says we are righteous, how dare we say we are not. I am righteous because of Him and not of myself. I believe that.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Yes, we're not perfect, and yes we have no righteousness of our own... but if after the death of our lord, and after we accept him as Lord and Savior we still remain sinners... what then is the point of His death?

Exactly. If we have to wait until we die to be free from sin, then Jesus is not our savior, death is.

I believe when Jesus gives us His righteousness, that makes us righteous. He gave us His Spirit to live in us and empower us to live it out.

If someone gives you a gift, it's yours. Jesus gave us the gift of righteousness, it's ours.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Romans 5:17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

We were sinners, we all fell short of the glory, Jesus came to restore us back into the image we were created to be, to bring us back into that glory (John 17). He is the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world! He paid for my sins and gave e His righteousness so I can be righteous. I have potential to sin, but that is not who I am, I am born again, a new creation in Him. The old man is dead, who I am is hidden completely in Him. Romans 6, Col 3:3.  I have permission from God to believe that I am dead to sin and alive in Him. (Rom 6:11).

Our capacity to sin does not make us a sinner, Adam and Eve sinned and they were not created sinners. They had free will and the ability to believe a lie. We have free will and we can believe the lies that we are still the old man, or believe what God says about us, put to death the deeds of the old man and live as the new man to demonstrate what His righteousness looks like to the world around us.

wow... like you read my mind... thank you for that....

:) That is where I joyfully disagree, who I am is who i am born again, not the old man. My body will be restored when Christ returns, and it will die as a result from the fall, I agree with you there, but there is something about His Spirit living in us that changes us, it changes our nature, it changes our hearts.That is who we are, a new creation. We died, our lives are hidden in Him. If God says we are righteous, how dare we say we are not. I am righteous because of Him and not of myself. I believe that.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

you got me praying in the spirit...  :grin: ... you are a blessing...

thank you all for the reply so far, i am so happy to be part of this forum... you are all a source of blessing to me, may God bless you too... i am still reading and getting blessed....

Xy, 

I have moved your thread here as it was posted in the video forum, I have left a link. 

God Bless, 

Nigel.

thanks. it appears my internet is a bit fair even at home... :cool2:

Guest shiloh357

The problem Joshua is that you are saying things that the Bible doesn't say.  The Bible doesn't say we are righteous, not one place.  You are not disagreeing with me.  You are disagreeing with Scripture and you are adding to God's word in the process.