• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/16/1985

Hi,Ive been struggling lately.To find peace.Like how I used to be.Today I did okay.I can read that much anymore because my head doesnt let me.I dont know if its cognitive or something.So its hard for to find peace.Over the times.Ive gotten frustrated trying to fix myself.Like reading the bible,reading scriptures pray ect.Im just trying to be more christian like but its hard.I think God wouldnt leave me like this.Without a way to fix the problem.I also have obssesive thoughts.ocd.That's been a struggle to.I just want that peace again.And those bad thoughts to go away and those bad feelings like anger and deppression.Does anyone know what I could do to get peace without reading that much are have some scriptures are advice.thank you.

thank you.(:.It's not that my mind wanders.It's just literally my head doesnt let me "go" to read anymore.I literally "cant".But thank you so much for your help so much appreciated.I will try what you said.thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hi,Ive been struggling lately.To find peace.Like how I used to be.Today I did okay.I can read that much anymore because my head doesnt let me.I dont know if its cognitive or something.So its hard for to find peace.Over the times.Ive gotten frustrated trying to fix myself.Like reading the bible,reading scriptures pray ect.Im just trying to be more christian like but its hard.I think God wouldnt leave me like this.Without a way to fix the problem.I also have obssesive thoughts.ocd.That's been a struggle to.I just want that peace again.And those bad thoughts to go away and those bad feelings like anger and deppression.Does anyone know what I could do to get peace without reading that much are have some scriptures are advice.thank you.

Be still and know that He is God.  

God loves you and He knows your struggles.  When we become still, get into His Word,  it starts to flush out the sound  and thoughts of the world and ushers in His Peace.  

Begin to praise and worship Jesus out loud.  Speak His Name and be assured He hears you.  The Bible says that God inhabits the praises of His People.  I love to praise and worship.  Know beyond a shadow of a doubt that when you begin to  praise Him the very space around you will change.  You will be the victor, and God will bring you to the other side.

Hi,Ive been struggling lately.

To find peace.

Like how I used to be.

Today I did okay.

I can read that much anymore because my head doesn't let me.

I don't know if its cognitive or something.

So its hard for to find peace.

Over the times.

I've gotten frustrated trying to fix myself.

Like reading the bible,reading scriptures pray etc.

I'm just trying to be more christian like but its hard.

I think God wouldn't leave me like this.

Without a way to fix the problem.

I also have obsessive thoughts.

OCD.

That's been a struggle too.

I just want that peace again.

And those bad thoughts to go away

and those bad feelings like anger and depression.

Does anyone know what I could do to get peace without reading that much

have some scriptures that are advice.

thank you.

:thumbsup:

Peace

See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Quench not the Spirit.

Despise not prophesyings.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly;

and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body

be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:15-23

Praying~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I recommend that you talk to a Christian counselor about this if you are having true symptoms of OCD. This may/may not be a physiological problem requiring medical treatment. A good counselor would be able to diagnosis, and determine how best to proceed. If possible, I'd go to a Christian counselor who's licensed, not just someone who calls themself a counselor. Again, that's what I recommend if you are having true OCD symptoms. I say that because in today's society, we tend to throw around the phrase "OCD," when it can truly be a debilitating problem for some people. God bless you and carry you through this difficult time.

Edited by Blue Moon

thank you everybody.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Here is God's prescription for peace

Philippians 4

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Three Steps....

1. Take your problem to God and believe He will take care of it (praying with thanks giving)

2. Receive the peace of God that comes when you do this

3. STOP thinking of it and think on happier things, its in God's hands

so often we go to God and say, "oh help me Jesus I am covered in mud"  and Jesus cleans us off....and we jump right back in the mud puddle

give it God, believe he will take care of it and then think on happier things

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

For me, the depression, anxiety, scattered thoughts, inability to focus, and I even had a fear when I read the Bible....it was all related to diet.  Once I cut sugar completely out of my diet, and started eating only REAL food, no junk, no processed, and no additives.  That is when i found peace in my thoughts.  My life did a complete turnaround.

I hope you find yours.

I know this is not a Biblical answer, but I found I couldn't find peace in any of the Biblical answers until i started taking better care of the temple.

thank you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

thank you

Stop trying to "fix yourself"  It will never work.  Keep reminding yourself of who you are, A Child of the most High God.  We are all a work in progress and will never be "fixed or finished" totally we go home to  be with the Lord.   Stay in His work,  talk to Him throughout the day and then "be still and know that He is God.

Because He Lives!!! RustyAngeL