IGNORED

Is playing pokémon actually so dangerous?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/03/1973

As child I was brought up to never play games like Pokémon or Yugioh.

And I understand that was because there is such a thing as the spritual world as well as our world, and that

these games, despite looking innocent, have the possibility to bring demons with them.

I even experienced this first hand, when I was younger I did have Yugioh cards, before my parents realized they were bad.

I would have nightmares EVERY night and eventually my parents learned that it was best to throw them out.

After that the nightmares continued and God gave me a sign, One of the cards had been lost under my wardrobe and was

still there. He told me exactly where to pinpoint it out and my parents threw it out.

After that I was able to sleep peacefully again.

Now that I'm 18 I've developed a liking to playing video games. And I thought that the card games were something different from the video games.

And since it was Yugioh that I had problems with in the past I've purchased pokémon for the 3ds.

I really don't see how it is any different from other video games, sure there is some violence and references evolution (even if it's not teaching evolution since within the game it's a completely different thing) But I'm old enough to not believe in these things anyway, it's not like I'm a child who's just starting to learn about the world anymore. And I see the game mostly as a simulator to catch adorable pets.

However, two things I have noticed. The other day I was playing pokémon and my 4 year old nephew came into the room and not even understanding what I was playing he got spooked and started to cry, asking his mum to take him home. I understand that young kids can just get scared sometimes. So I don't know what to make about it.

And last night I had a terrible dream about having befriended someone who turned out to be a witch and who wanted to curse me from finding it difficult to be close to God. What's worse is I haven't been able to pray since I woke up, could this be from the game? Or is this from my fear of witches?

The game cost £40 so I don't want to just throw it out if there is a potential for it to be harmless.

Can anyone help me to decide?

I'm of the persuasion that games like pokemon are really good games, kids and kids at heart (Like me) can go on fantastic adventures playing games like pokemon. I owe alot of my analytical and critical thinking skills to games like pokemon, by all means keep playing.

Until they put diablo on the cover of the disc

Sorry blizzard

(Just kidding blizzard)

Edited by realchild