LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I'm staying with my mother in law and she keeps accusing people of stealing. She put away a set of glasses and now she can not find them. So she is convince someone has stolen them. She says to me that the only people who have been here is me and my daughter. She says if she finds out who has taken them they are going to be out of here! Then just a few moments ago she misplaced a vase and said someone must have broken it and hid the pieces.  I told her I know nothing about anything being broken and do not believe I have  ever broken anything of hers.  She went on about it saying if she finds out who did they are going to be dead. Then she walked in the next room and found the vase sitting on a bookcase perfectly fine.

I do not steal and I do not brake people's stuff and I do not like being accused of such things.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

That must be very frustrating kay, praying for you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I do not steal and I do not brake people's stuff and I do not like being accused of such things.

I'd tell her so. And I'd also ask her what in the world would motivate her to even think such a thing of you or your daughter, as I assume neither of you have a history of stealing things from her.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Praying for you Kay

Guest shiloh357

I have a feeling this is an age issue, if she is getting older, this is only going to get worse.   I speak from experience.   Praying that you will be able to have the grace to understand that her mind may not be what it used to be. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

I agree with Shiloh, it sounds like she maybe needs a health check up.  Pay attention to her memory as well.  She may be starting to "miss" things

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1958

I'm staying with my mother in law and she keeps accusing people of stealing. She put away a set of glasses and now she can not find them. So she is convince someone has stolen them. She says to me that the only people who have been here is me and my daughter. She says if she finds out who has taken them they are going to be out of here! Then just a few moments ago she misplaced a vase and said someone must have broken it and hid the pieces.  I told her I know nothing about anything being broken and do not believe I have  ever broken anything of hers.  She went on about it saying if she finds out who did they are going to be dead. Then she walked in the next room and found the vase sitting on a bookcase perfectly fine.

I'm not offering expert opinion, but this type of thing is *sometimes* connected with Alzheimer's/dementia.  It is mentioned on various Alzheimer's sites.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I'm going to have to agree with the others, L.K. One of the first signs of Alzeimer's/dementia is placing things in odd places. I agree that she should be checked out by a healthcare professional. Is she over 70?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1958

An addendum to my other post.  This is from alz.org.

Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps right_corner.gifsigns_round_7.jpg

A person with Alzheimer's disease may put things in unusual places. They may lose things and be unable to go back over their steps to find them again. Sometimes, they may accuse others of stealing. This may occur more frequently over time.

What's a typical age-related change? 
Misplacing things from time to time and retracing steps to find them.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I was gong to say what Shiloh already said.  Could very well be age.  I have experience with this type of thing as well.

Don't take a defensive postion...you can always say you would be glad to help her find her 'stolen' things...no use stating you are innocent...

I know its not easy