Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I found the article. One of the most disgusting and awful examples of yellow journalism around.

I would not call it yellow journalism at all. Whenever I heard about people from the U.S. going to Israel and blocking the Israeli military, in favor of Israels enemies, I was disgusted. For them, it was fortunate that Israel treated them so well. They were acting as enemy combatants in Israel and blocking Israels army.

I am sad concerning her end. The people whom she thought she was protecting took her captive, and she ended up dead by the hands of the people she thought needed protection.

Things are far more complicated than "for" and "against". Combatants implies fighting with weapons. The ISM is the some of the most non-violent hippies in the world. One can be pro-Israel but not be for the far right wing in Israel, much like one can be American and not support far right policies like torture, extra-ordinary rendition, or drone strikes.

The most important part of Kayla dying is not that she was an activist. It was probably that there is a radical terrorist group consisting of of tens of thousands of people who don't care who they kill.

When you're writing a smear article about someone who was killed by a terrorist... You're probably not doing your job right.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Israel is defending the people of Israel from a very real enemy. If a person from the U.S. goes to Israel, and attempts to stop Israels army from defending Israeli's, by blocking them while doing their jobs, that person is an enemy combatant. They are fighting for the enemies of Israel.

It has been made very very clear that there are unarmed Palestinians who will stand in front of real targets, knowing that Israel attempts to be careful about killing unarmed people while fighting the enemy. It is a Palestinian tactic of war. To be unarmed and protect the Palestinian army or Hamas or other terrorists is their attack strategy. It is also their propaganda strategy. So, she engaged in the enemies military strategy, becoming an enemy combatant. If Israels army was not so restrained and so dedicated to minimizing the casualties of unarmed civilians working with the terrorists, she would not have left still living.

You see, the terrorists do not have the same moral restraints that Israel subscribes to. She was captured and killed by the people she was trying to protect. She entered a war zone, became engaged in the enemies military strategy, and then was killed by the enemy she was aiding.      

Guest shiloh357

BE, she was the member in good standing with the ISM which supports terror.  Her actions and active participation in a pro-terrorist organization tells you everything you need to know about that.   If she didn't support terror, she should not have been a member of the ISM.  She could have joined Bridges for Peace which actually does good things for Jews and Arabs, but she joined an anti-Semitic organization that was working in tandem with the terrorists.

There's no getting around it BE,   She supported terror and she did something more than write about it.  She gave her life and energy in support of it.  She put feet to her convictions.  Actions speak louder than words.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

I found the article. One of the most disgusting and awful examples of yellow journalism around.

I would not call it yellow journalism at all. Whenever I heard about people from the U.S. going to Israel and blocking the Israeli military, in favor of Israels enemies, I was disgusted. For them, it was fortunate that Israel treated them so well. They were acting as enemy combatants in Israel and blocking Israels army.

I am sad concerning her end. The people whom she thought she was protecting took her captive, and she ended up dead by the hands of the people she thought needed protection.

Things are far more complicated than "for" and "against". Combatants implies fighting with weapons. The ISM is the some of the most non-violent hippies in the world. One can be pro-Israel but not be for the far right wing in Israel, much like one can be American and not support far right policies like torture, extra-ordinary rendition, or drone strikes.

The most important part of Kayla dying is not that she was an activist. It was probably that there is a radical terrorist group consisting of of tens of thousands of people who don't care who they kill.

When you're writing a smear article about someone who was killed by a terrorist... You're probably not doing your job right.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Israel is defending the people of Israel from a very real enemy. If a person from the U.S. goes to Israel, and attempts to stop Israels army from defending Israeli's, by blocking them while doing their jobs, that person is an enemy combatant. They are fighting for the enemies of Israel.

It has been made very very clear that there are unarmed Palestinians who will stand in front of real targets, knowing that Israel attempts to be careful about killing unarmed people while fighting the enemy. It is a Palestinian tactic of war. To be unarmed and protect the Palestinian army or Hamas or other terrorists is their attack strategy. It is also their propaganda strategy. So, she engaged in the enemies military strategy, becoming an enemy combatant. If Israels army was not so restrained and so dedicated to minimizing the casualties of unarmed civilians working with the terrorists, she would not have left still living.

You see, the terrorists do not have the same moral restraints that Israel subscribes to. She was captured and killed by the people she was trying to protect. She entered a war zone, became engaged in the enemies military strategy, and then was killed by the enemy she was aiding.      

That enemy is very real. So are the number of civilian deaths. And there have been far too many, and I've seen too many photos, and too much footage, too much documentation to believe that the IDF took every measure possible to save innocent lives. They can do better.

BE, she was the member in good standing with the ISM which supports terror.  Her actions and active participation in a pro-terrorist organization tells you everything you need to know about that.   If she didn't support terror, she should not have been a member of the ISM.  She could have joined Bridges for Peace which actually does good things for Jews and Arabs, but she joined an anti-Semitic organization that was working in tandem with the terrorists.

There's no getting around it BE,   She supported terror and she did something more than write about it.  She gave her life and energy in support of it.  She put feet to her convictions.  Actions speak louder than words.

I find it interesting how you keep bringing it back to slandering a victim of a terrorist organization instead of addressing most of the other points I say.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Mueller wasn’t exactly a combination of Mother Teresa, Joan of Arc and the Virgin Mary, the way she was originally portrayed.  She may or may not have started off to be a Good Samaritan, but she became a "useful idiot" working on behalf of Hamas.  It's highly probable her Syrian boyfriend influenced her ideology.  She freely took part in Palestinian demonstrations, was a propagandist for Hamas, portraying them as freedom fighters.  She was young, and young people are easily led astray.  It's sad she didn't live long enough to see the error of her thinking.  Her actions were indefensible, but she certainly didn't deserve the leave this world the way she did.

Guest shiloh357

BE, I am not slandering anyone.   Nothing I said is untrue.   It's only slander when it isn't  true.   She was victim, but she decided to swim with the sharks and the sharks devoured her.   It was onlhy a matter of time.   She was impressionable and like many young liberal minded people didn't understand the mentality of ISIS and these kinds of terrorist organizations. 

I have addressed ever single one your points.  I have answered you point for point.   Sorry, BE but your batting zero (as is always the case).   You need to come to grips with reality instead of living that liberal fog.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

BE, I am not slandering anyone.   Nothing I said is untrue.   It's only slander when it isn't  true.   She was victim, but she decided to swim with the sharks and the sharks devoured her.   It was onlhy a matter of time.   She was impressionable and like many young liberal minded people didn't understand the mentality of ISIS and these kinds of terrorist organizations. 

I have addressed ever single one your points.  I have answered you point for point.   Sorry, BE but your batting zero (as is always the case).   You need to come to grips with reality instead of living that liberal fog.

You missed the points about how peace is best achieved by building peaceful societies, US Military intervention being a big cause of death and destruction in the middle east historically, the first set of bullet points I posted, journalistic standards, to name a few.

Guest shiloh357

Your idealistic ant-military notions are not relevant to this discussion.   The first set of bullet points are also irrelevant, as you didn't demonstrate anything in the initial article that failed on those points.   Furthermore, this story is being carried by multiple sites and by different journalists AND by non-journalistic sites as well.  The information is true even if you  don't like the initial article.  You can't refute the facts that  have been presented in this thread

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

That enemy is very real. So are the number of civilian deaths. And there have been far too many, and I've seen too many photos, and too much footage, too much documentation to believe that the IDF took every measure possible to save innocent lives. They can do better.

The enemy is very real, and so is the fact that the enemy does not wear a uniform but dresses like civilians and parades as civilians to gain propaganda points. And the enemy does target any Israeli, including men, women and children so they make no attempt to reduce civilian casualties. To them an Israeli civilian casualty is something to be celebrated. And, they have no issues using Palestinian men women and children a shields.

Yes, the IDF takes every measure possible while protecting the citizens of Israel as their first goal. The enemy takes no measures to protect innocent lives, but instead will purposely put innocent lives at risk, and celebrate the death of innocent lives.

I get very very tired of those who blame Israel who tries to save innocent lives, while remaining silent about the atrocities committed by Hamas and others. Where is your outcry for the Israeli children who were targetted.

And that is why Kayla Mueller is not innocent. She stood on the side of the terrorists who murder innocent children, Israels and their own children, and tried to block the Israeli army from protecting. Is it a surprise that the terrorists kidnapped a woman who fought for them? No. That is the standard actions of terrorists. They use people until they are expendable. Kayla joined in and assisted terrorists, against Israel. In her death, the terrorists she helped, tried to use her death as a propoganda tool.       

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

When I first saw this thread I was pretty ticked off. She is an arizonan and the state is taking her death hard. The first post was pretty hostile and I didnt care for the manner in which this was presented. But I checked into the information. I couldnt find anything at first to confirm or deny the information presented. But eventually I found a blog her friends put up, with her words and her views on it. 

http://www.forkayla.org/home

On it are her views of palestine.

http://www.forkayla.org/palestine/

Under her achievements.

International Solidarity Movement supports the Palestinian popular struggle against occupation and apartheid. Kayla accompanied families in their homes and children going to school.

It sounds to me more like she was a social justice activist (as seen in this blog site) who was just plain deceived about her views on israel and palestine. 

What I do find disturbing is the reaction of some who are gloating about her death (in media not necessarily in this thread). When the 3 jewish teens were killed, and muslims gloated but then a muslim was killed and jews did not gloat, I was impressed with the difference in attitudes between muslims and jews. With kayla, I see pro israeli people gloating, acting no different than those who are pro muslim and gloat. The world wont see pro israeli folks as anything but thugs if they gloat like this. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Many things in the world are deceiving.Never the less I will pray for her family for their lose.