• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Dear beloved Worthy family,

My opinion of myself is that I'm a flop at fellowshiping...that perhaps I don't fit in here and some would prefer that I leave. I seem to have a knack for rubbing people the wrong way. And I need to know why...

My purpose for this post? I desperately seek the truth!  This is the only site that I have sought to socialize with folks on. I am an invalid with time on my hands. Handicapped & lonely, ever since I became homebound...Worthy has been my church interaction for 8 years.

Please tell me how I strike you. Do I come across as abrasive or offensive? Turn people off in the way I word things? Too boring? Do my medical conditions repel people? Or am I seen as a phony?

I've noticed that some here do seem to view me as negative by their responses. But is it really God's will I conform to others personalities or beliefs or their judgings of me? Am I to people-please?

Some may dislike that I'm straight out & 'tell it like it is.' But is that such a sin? I have read others here pouring their hearts out, too... In negative ways. Yet they seem to be better accepted when they vent or present their prayer requests. I'm sure you agree there ought not to be any favoritism in the family of God. Not accusing. Just saying cliques do form easily. We must beware of Satan's devices to divide.

Please do help me out, my dear brothers and sisters in Christ. Tell me your honest perspective on this issue, so I won't keep on analyzing what wards people away from me. I really DO need outsider's opinions. For my peace of mind and our unity here at Worthy. Thanks so much. GBU. I love you all in Jesus.

P.S.  When you reply ( I'm praying you will!), please do keep in mind "Speaking the truth in love", as Scripture puts it.

Or as I'd say: your opinions of me stated in gentle, respectful ways.

:thumbsup:

Beloved~!

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Ephesians 5:19

You Are A Joy~!

Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. Psalms 30:4

And I Am Blessed

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

I think often that intent and tone is lost in the written word.  So I see a lot of misunderstandings happen that I think are mostly based on reading something into the words that maybe are not there.  I can't really say I've noticed anything negative in the responses you get, but then again, I don't necessarily see them all either. 

I am glad you are here though, for whatever that is worth, and hope you continue to come.  I don't think anywhere we go in life that everyone we come across is going to like us, or mesh with us.  So I wouldn't take it personally if you feel that you don't blend with all, I don't expect I'm a favorite for some either, that's just life lol.  God bless you.

The vast majority of the time, taking in consideration the maturity in Christ of the members of this forum, it is best to get straight to the Truth. Many times I have had to give the same scripture references over and over again, especially to those who are relatively new to the forum and ask questions that have been asked and answered/discussed a multitude of times, and with those who vehemently oppose a position, especially when it comes to the Rapture and the sequence of End Times events. I only take it so far - as I have learned - because no one is going to change their position no matter how many scriptures (in context) I provide. It only leads to discord. But like you, I know that I have stated my position with clarity, with the intent of providing those who have not made up their minds, to compare against the opposing position so that the reader who is open to the Holy Spirit is able to discern the Truth. And that is what we are supposed to do, after all. So, keep on doing what you are doing, knowing that you are doing the tasks that the Lord would have you to do. GOD bless!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

You are loved. 

It's hard at times to cope with disabilities, it can even play on our mind. 

We can find ourselves asking if we are different , do we turn people off , maybe they don't wish to listen to us;

even be around us. 

Thing is,  no matter what difficulties we may face in this life, we all have so much to offer each other and others.

The very way we strive to move ahead each day and be a good witness to others , that is a triumph over any disability.   

Rom 5:4  and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 
Rom 5:5  and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. 

You know what I think?

Just be yourself because God loves you just how you are and we love you too.

Post as you feel led , and continue to be a Blessing to all you encounter, be it on Worthy or any other places.  

God Bless you turtle,

you are always in my prayers and I thank you for all the times you have sent me a PM to let me know you were praying for me.  

With brotherly love , 

Nigel. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I tried to post on here earlier but I think my phone ate my post. I personally have never found your posts to be offensive in the slightest and have enjoyed reading your views on different issues and would encourage you to continue to do so. You may step on toes here and there-but that's a given any time you get a lot of people together, without anyone even trying to. Its human nature, and on a forum where it can be difficult to infer tone it happens a lot. You have never been one from what I've seen who sets out to cause trouble, and you extend grace to others very well, sometime we should all learn from.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

You seemed like a quite 'nice' person when you pm'd me, and posted on my topic seemed just totally real. Not offensive at all. I responded to your pm very briefly, because I haven't gotten involved with anyone in here being rather new. Just asking questions about doctrine. Sorry you are very homebound. God's blessings. If you'd like to talk thru pm, I would gladly do it.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Honestly, I think you are the only one who doesn't think you belong here. We do happen to be our worst enemy at times. I know I can be my own worst enemy.

Have you ever read a short book called Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard? If not, I suggest you find it and read it. Check your library, or if you can, order it online. It is not expensive at all. Kindle is under $2 and the book itself is below $10.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,790
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I definitely agree with Alan... TT you have ministered some amazing words at times

that has enriched my heart! We have had our bounces but hey we bounced right back to

loving one another! I know that acceptance is really vital to you because of your

situation of health has narrowed it down to limited input... most of us here do not

know this limitation so we are not as careful with you as we should be but all in all

you've grown wonderfully and love has increased in my heart toward you TT God bless you!

Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

All I know is that God loves you and so do I  smiley-greet013.gif